• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

NH-29 Nekovalkyrja (Brainstorming)

Just an aside on the ears..why not have them on the top of their heads instead of out the side for future models? Or are the big fuzzies going away? ;_;

You'll have ear withdrawl!

Pulling that from where now?

If you're going to 'cut holes' any place is just as efficent between the two. They would be manufactured differently, anyway. If you can fit the very large NH-17 model ears in say, a Mindy helmet, I don't see why they couldn't have a modified version for NH-29's.

I think it's because the Neko skull is designed using the human skull as a template/base, instead of a cat skull. So, the ears go on the side of the head.

It's 'designed' to do that, but isn't this supposed to be a "brain storm" for the new NH-29 design? They can manufacture lives at the molecular level, I'm sure they could learn enough to have a different skull design? : /

True. True.

Okay. I might as well confess that I prefer the Neko ears on the side of the head. When I first came here, I was thinking "wait, shouldn't those ears go on the top of the head?" But, I guess it's an acquired taste. The different ear position immediately clues you in about the fact that the Nekos in the Star Army universe are different from your stereotypical catgirls. It's just another thing that makes the Nekos unique. Now, catgirls with ears on the top of their head look weird to me. Go figure.

Plus, if the ears are on the side of the head, it's easier for me to nibble on them.

I said that out loud, didn't I? :oops:

Muwhahaha! Got it out of you! ^.^

I can handle that, though isn't Ghi (Thomas's character) a modified Geshrin that is cat-like? (so ears on top of the head, Thomas?) I suppose that's individual though, and not a racial standard to compare something like this with.

'Different from typical catgirls' + 'unique' =...neko? :D

Side it is!

Ghi isn't a Neko, just a geneticly engineered Geshrin. And yes, ears are at the top of the head, traditional cat style, and in adition she has fur, all over her body, a tail and a few other enhancments, those nice cat teeth etc.

As for Neko, I'm intrested which parts of the electromagnetic spectrum they can see in to.

The different ear position immediately clues you in about the fact that the Nekos in the Star Army universe are different from your stereotypical catgirls.
Bingo.

As for Neko, I'm intrested which parts of the electromagnetic spectrum they can see in to.
According to the old manual, "The FWN HS (Form When Needed HemoSynthetics) retina is custom-created for the situation, enabling adjustability of spectrum." The NH-17 (being basically a remade NH-7) would share the ability too. Thus, nekos have a fairly human sense of vision for the most part, but can add extra features and spectral zones when they need to.

Some older resources (NH-7) I found that may be of interest:
https://stararmy.com/org/ketsurui/wicked ... -7_TM.html
https://stararmy.com/library/nhstats.html

Wes said:
Tom said:
And what do the children of nekos and some other race come out as?
As with most real species, they cannot interbreed with others not in their species (human girls can't have babies with chimpazees, for example).

I suggest, when dealing with this type of thing, that we think about lions and tigers. They are a similar species, and so, therefore, can mate with eachother and produce Tigons or Ligers. Perhaps the same sort of effect could be implemented? It would be interesting to have a few half-nekos running around.

Nekos are nothing like any other species in this RP aside from Serphs and SMX. They are genetically engeneered weapons and not even in the same family of species as neplesians and elysians unlike Tigers and Lions.

And even if they could interbreed, cross species mixes usualy end up very sickly and have short life spans.

Wes said:
Well, if they follow one the current method of reproduction, they will reproduce copies of themselves asexually as NH-17s do. Pregnancy occurs when the female starts thinking about having babies a lot (kind of like how boners occur when men think about making babies).

Now I know they're your creations Wes, but, doesn't this kinda fly in the face of basic biology of multi celluler beings?
From this, you're saying an NH-17 can reproduce via mitosis just by thinking about having a child...

And really, how can they get pregnent by thinking of having children? Do they have some kinda spermsack somewhere inside their bodies? Are they always "In Heat?" This makes absloutly no sense.

If you read bad fan fiction as a hobby, then ---Why is it that you do not know that insulting is not an efficient way of presenting an opinion? It makes you loose all creditability.

You would think that calling people or their creations dumb is a little bit beyond the expected maturity level here.

Lets try not to resort to the lowest common denominator.

:|

I'd have to throw my hat into the whole reproduction ring.

Cora has a point. Thinking about having babies and then having babies seems a little lame because, as stated, Neko aren't going to be single-celled creatures that reproduce by splitting in half.

There's got to be some second factor in there. Boners are caused by a guy's own circulation system kicking it up down there so he can get it on with the ladies.

A neko is thinking about having a baby, so I COULD imagine her blood rushing to her reproductive area and perhaps making something out of there. But still, she'd have to be able to create a new lifeform inside of herself without any outside help.

The best scenario I could imagine is her being able to make a clone of herself out of her own genetic material. It'd kind of be the same concept behind being able to regenerate limbs. But then that's kinda lame anyway, because the child would be a copy of the adult.

Variety is the spice of life. :)

Did no one read the NH series weapon stuff at all?

Certain weapons can clone themselves and the way they start the process is thinking about having a child. The nonomachines inside of them then start to produce the body for that and 'give birth'. It may sound a little silly to some of you but it is sound as far as technology goes.

o.o;

It really DOES work Cora, and I'll ignore that comment and pretend it never happened.

The neko were made to fight. The neko were made to kill. the neko were NOT made to be different, have different levels of ability in different areas.. the neko are living war machines. They perfected a design, why let it change through gene drift? Cloning is practical, and even more so if done outside vats (although that's probably quicker).

While the neko are supposed to be integrating into society, it doesn't mean they should be totally unprepared for war... and more neko = faster neko production, and in war you don't notice the variety as much as how lacking your team-mates are in comparison to you, if they've been made more and more human and less and less EFFICIENT.

edit: yes, I've probably repeated myself there. I don't care. i'm TIRED. gimme a break >.<

Even if it's a Neko, ya just can't go "I think I want a kid." Then *POP* your stomach gets bigger.

even in the early stages of development humanoid beings are too complex for a computer to replicate. Neko's are included.

Cora, try and wrap your brain around the fact that the NH weapons ARE NOT HUMANS

And seriously would you want them to have a 'make a baby' button instead? They must have some trigger for the process and thought is the easyest one. I probably should also note that not only are the maternal feelings needed to start but codes and a setting change from PNUgen as well.

Remeber the NH series weapon is made up of nanomachines which can be self replicating. It is easy enough to make a scaled down clone and allow its nanomachines to gather resources to mature the body.

even in the early stages of development humanoid beings are too complex for a computer to replicate. Neko's are included.

That is just stupid. Really... really... stupid. Again humans are not nekos. The computers involved in SA are much more complex that the current ones that we have today which already are capable of sequencing the human genome. Cloneing is already a reality. There is nothing that is un-realalistic technology wise here. Yes, you can bring up an argument about practicality or function but the tech behind it is sound.

At least he isn't disgracing himself by using magic in a sci-fi RP.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back