• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC NSS Kestrel OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! In fact, at least half of the Reds will probably escape. Their fleet is just as big as the green one.

Wes said:
What the hell? You just autoed my entire fleet.

We...weren't aware you were in control of these Reds. You haven't posted with them in any fashion here beforehand, so understand our surprise. If something needs to be changed, you can talk to Fian, or if you can't get a hold of him, me or Adrian so we can get the message to Fian.

Wes said:
No! In fact, at least half of the Reds will probably escape. Their fleet is just as big as the green one.

If that's all, it can be easily fixed with a additional paragraph or two.

I think the Nepleslian fleet winning easily is extremely unrealistic, as their forces are roughly even. The Reds won't fight to the death either; they're merely at Nepeslia to distract the Nepleslian Army, so their gound forces can acquire the pure female Nepleslian DNA sample.

A. Dude, Wes, think of it this way:
If the Nepleslian 1st fleet and a similarly sized Yamataian fleet engaged in combat, who would win?

The Yamataians, right? That's about the tech difference between Reds and Greens, especially with the DD4s and Hrays.

B. As Moonman pointed out, WE HAD NO FUCKING CLUE WE WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO. This is like on the Alliance where you went and had a conference coming to the decision the Elysian Senator was shot, and then neglected to tell... well, pretty much everybody.

MAKE SHIT CLEAR, PLEASE. WE ARE NOT TELEPATHS.

Yees... master... *fetches you a grenade* Bye! *gives it to you and runs away*

So would you rather we pulled the whole JP and get shot to death by the pre-tech reform ZOMFNEGUDIENOWLOL super-ships that make up the Red's primary assault force?

It's not fair to Fian for you to make no idication what-so-ever that you were in control of the Red Fleet to us, and then come and say "Hey, fuck you. You can't do that. They're my guys!" after we skip the battle so the players wouldn't die of boredom as me and Moonman sat and typed back and forth for an hour and half.

And finally: Did you make this list available to Fian? And don't tell me the shit was in the damn wiki, as I can see pretty well you put it in there no more than four hours ago.

I thought it was, but found it wasn't so I added it. As GM's it's Fian's need to get the information -- I would have given it to him but he hasn't contacted me, despite the fact I've been controlling the reds in the Sakura plot since before there was a Kestral (hell, since before there was a Star Army).

The point of this is that wiping out your main opposition in one sentence is a move that makes no sense from both IC and OOC standpoints. Change it! You can make the Reds retreat (since that's what they'd do rather than lose many ships) instead, okay?

As a note, I did some searches and none of the following give results for anything that says what the composition of the Red fleet is, nor its size.

-Reds Fleet
-Nepleslian Fleet
-Neplesia Fleet
-Fleet List
-Red Fleet

The actual numbers were originally hidden except to Tom, so as not to spoil things for Alliance players.

Wes said:
The actual numbers were originally hidden except to Tom, so as not to spoil things for Alliance players.

It's great it didn't make sense from IC and OOC standpoints that were deliberately kept secret from us, Wes.

I went by the "Roughly 200 ships" (Half the combat capable Red fleet) discription you posted in the Sakura thread. Yes I should have asked you specificly what ships they were, but even so, we are talking about the entire Green 1st Fleet, 1st Defense fleet, two Ayenee class starbases plus NAM's own ships comming in all directions with home ground advantage. It would be pretty much suicidal from the start.

I'll go with less than a quarter managing to escape. And I'll describe the battle in more detail

https://stararmy.com/org/nepleslia/army/fleets/
For comparison.

Notice besides the Ayames in 1st Fleet, which weren't present at the beginning of the battle, it's primarily a bunch of freighters sprinkled with a small handful of battleships. NAM's ships aren't included, but there's not that many of them NAM was only started a month or two ago and I haven't seen any actual ship production from anybody lately (see: shipyard forum).

Actually, Fian did purchase a few things in this shipyard forums. Whether or not they have been completed as of yet, though, is up for debate.

That fleet list is out-dated. It does not count the NDI DD4s given to Neplesia nor does it count the 40 Hrays that I'm reasonably sure have been finished, as a cycle is, I believe, 14 OOC days and Fian posted the build order thread 18 days ago.

Perhaps someone else should take control of the Reds to help them move more in line with the Nepleslian plot ships? I don't think Wes can effectively keep up us while he is doing the Sakura and general upkeep things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ