• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [OIF Atuan] OOC Thread

HNY to you too. Got the black and white art for Viki and it is fabulous. As soon as I will find a scanner I will put it into her char.

*LOOK OF ABSOLUTE HORROR*

EDIT: Last time it was Kai, and now you? Nooooo!

Either way, I fixed up the post a little to include Taela. Sorry about that, but at the very least, you can join Kai in the club. It's got blackjack and hhhh...just blackjack. Anything more and it would be NSFK.

Sorry for the delay in postage guys - I mistook the date for the plot audit, and am now doing nothing but. Don't worry though, I'll get a GM post out in no time at all, regardless if you guys answer the survey in time!

Hang in there!

Alright, there's the post!

Also, I quickly worked up a map for you guys in case it's needed.

The guys in green are us there - the 'firing line' at the rear is Taela, Kelly and Shinji/Meena in that order from top to bottom. You can see another green upside down cone that's leaped in front of the line the three had - that's Yoshiko.

The forward most ones nearest the enemies are Victoria and Lucien, again in that order from top to bottom - they're pretty much pincering the two remaining Galina mechs center of the map. And of course, all the way back are the Kuritsas taking potshots at us.

We're already taking a beating and have a most if not all of our shields gone, except for Victoria, Lucien and Yoshiko, who are still quite fresh in comparison

First I was thinking about some elaborate plan to disable enemy. Then I went all "Sod it!" and just went with something short, simple and very Viktoria-like. What can I say? ISC Phoenix left a number on me.

Poast up!

And just as a reminder, the 'Atuan Damage Rule' or whatever we dubbed it is just a rough patch - I'll likely be making a more in depth damage system for Atuan to use since we extensively use frames while the rest of the setting does not, save for Iromaland.

Keep in mind that it's only the new generation of frame weapons such as the 75mm and Plasma Cannon that have enhanced damage - things such as pulse lasers and autocannon are still the same.

Sorry for being the derpiest derp that ever derp'd a derp. I've been playing EXTREME UNDERWATER LIFE, which is to say that I have been buried under a pile of backup work, college applications and acceptances, financial aid, etc. I'll try to whip something up to post for tonight, but cross no fingers.

Ok, tell me if I messed anything up in the post last night; I was really sleepy when I did it and it felt like it took forever.

Also, note to self; I really gotta get the time to work up a more accurate damage rating table for Atuan - the current one works fine when it's just PA vs PA, or Frames vs Frames, but goes to shit when it's PA vs Frames or PA vs Tanks I think.

First a delay, and then as soon as I can post, I fail to deliver. I'm sorry about that guys.

Well, right now, I'm thinking of a different posting methodology - rather than making Übermensch sized posts in a cycle, I think I'll try making smaller replies every two or three posts. This way, we should have a better flow rather than the stuttering we've been having. On a side note, I'm still working on that Atuan Specific DR System, and there's a few things to watch out for.

Though the integrated weapons on the frames will be as powerful as they are normally, it's only the M3 series weapons and a few other things that are getting a buff - large caliber (125mm) tank guns and anti-armor rocket launchers for an example, which you all just saw featured in the latest post.

Frames and tanks are going to get a buff in general to their Structural Points in general, with frames receiving the most. However, they'll also have glaring weakspots such as their joints which PA can exploit a shit ton while Tanks will be tough all around. The tanks won't be anywhere near as tough or responsive as a frame or mech of course, which helps offsett this 'overall' strength. Then again, if you guys know your tanks, well, all the traditional weaknesses are there too.

I've forgotten to tell you guys (or perhaps forgotten I had actually told you all) but I've contacted Ryujin for work on the M3. He's currently busy with another commish first though, so hang in there!

Also, though plot audits are over, and I'd still like to ask you guys how you all feel about the way things are in the Atuan right now. Do any of you feel left out? If so, what can I do to lend a hand? How's the pacing? Too fast? (dear god I hope not) Or too slow? Is my writing/GM posts any good? Things like that are worrying me, you know? So speak up!

I hope you're all having fun!

I need a little time before I can post. I'm having Markus issues right now. The fool just won't let me write him!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back