Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Re: [OOC] Acadia Dicusssion

Bummed that the NMX didn't include us in their evil plans. Why do the Yammies get to fight all the flesh-eating octopus zombies? SO not fair. *sigh*, at least I got added to the Mishhu GM list. Flesh-eating octopus zombie rampage, here I come...

Daww man, I was hoping the shore leave could give me a breather to concentrate on some Real Life stuff. Shit happens, I'll get posting soon.

Also, plot audit coming up, update your bios on the wiki, I'll see if I can get some interim art for some of your guys.

Well, Fian said so himself that he doesn't have to GM shore leave. Take a bit of the load off his shoulders and don't make posts that require GM response. Somebody just decide when a goddamn shuttle takes off *cough*.

Also, for Yamatai tech, do they really develop things so fast that Wes is already rolling out a new anti-NMX starship (the V7)? The war only started a week ago...

Teddo said:
Well, Fian said so himself that he doesn't have to GM shore leave. Take a bit of the load off his shoulders and don't make posts that require GM response.
Actually, the only situation I can think of now that requires a GM response is if you guys decided to phone Admiral Davis or something. Among others, being attacked by random thugs is not beyond your purview, just remember you cant shoot laser beams out of your eyes.

Also, for Yamatai tech, do they really develop things so fast that Wes is already rolling out a new anti-NMX starship (the V7)? The war only started a week ago...
Only Westech.

Fian said:
Actually, the only situation I can think of now that requires a GM response is if you guys decided to phone Admiral Davis or something.
I don't see that happening. As the crew is all on leave, we'll probably hope we won't get called into action, but we'll get interrupted anyway.
Fian said:
...just remember you cant shoot laser beams out of your eyes.
Aww...

and (double post) on a more relevant subject.

Echo Sakura said:
"I'm pretty quiet too..."

Echo made an IC response to something that Viktor was thinking, not saying. Metagame is a big no-no when RPing. I've noticed it at least a few times already; always make sure to pay close attention to what the character is and is not saying in a post. Your characters aren't omniscient - or freaky telepathic Nekos - so having your character act on knowledge they don't have is bad. A) It makes the RP seem less realistic. B) In some circumstances, a metagame post can potentially drastically alter a course of events. C) Newbs on Gaia twilight fanfic RPs metagame. And I don't think anyone wants to be compared to THAT.

Um, anyway, rant summary: Don't metagame post!

***Definition of metagaming: A player using knowledge that they possess but their character does not, and having the character act on their new magically obtained knowledge.

Fian said:
Actually, the only situation I can think of now that requires a GM response is if you guys decided to phone Admiral Davis or something.

Just for that, I am going to put him on speed dial. And call him every time this happens. And have an extensive conversation with him about something fantastically redundant.

...just remember you cant shoot laser beams out of your eyes.

Oh, well, I think this is a good time to tell you about some of the Tarkarians' OTHER special qualities.... :)

Teddo said:

Welcome to SARP, where everyone except Yamatai has to go through a months-long concept, testing and revision process before cranking out the first few examples.

Teddo said:
Newbs on Gaia twilight fanfic RPs metagame. And I don't think anyone wants to be compared to THAT.

Owned.

Cipher said:
Welcome to SARP, where everyone except Yamatai has to go through a months-long concept, testing and revision process before cranking out the first few examples.

Yeah, I gathered. I believe it was dragonnova who made half the discussion about creating Tarkarians about breast size. Apparently there's some far-fetched theory out there that hot female characters in spandex, and participating in a sci-fi roleplay, can't have boobs the size of minivans. Anyway, it added at least a week to the approval process, but I still got the race approved in good time.

I showed them!

I meant in terms of non-mundane faction tech, Teddo. Your species did take a short time and a little work to approve, however, I'll admit that much.

Cyborg, Do NOT do what you just did. You are only in control of your character, and you have to wait for the player of the other character to respond. I would say save the second part somewhere else in case it turns out how you wrote it, and re-write the first part without Amelia's reaction. We really, really try to avoid doing ANYTHING with another player's character. It's only a shoreleave now, so it isn't as big of a deal, but it's good to nip the habit in the bud before it's too late.

Teddo said:
I believe it was dragonnova who made half the discussion about creating Tarkarians about breast size.
Erm... What? I really don't think I did. (Unless this is a joke thrown at me, then touche'. :P)

Bleh. I'm feeling kind of listless, so I apologize in advance if my posts suffer in quality or length. (Which I have the feeling they already have.)

Oh, you're right, Nova. That was FiveMarks with the whole boob size argument. You just popped in to insult the general perversion of the rest of the world outside of Japan.

Dragonnova said:
Teddo said:
(PG-13, kids. Don't click if you're prepubescent.)
You can't even join this site if you're that young, dear. Don't have to worry about it.

EDIT: And this study wasn't even done by Japan. I'm amazed.

I mean, come on. Look at Eastern Europe, they pump out like half of the world's prostitutes! You can't just give all the credit to Japan. Those Romanian gangsters bust their asses (ew) doing all the sick crap they do. At least give them some recognition.

*Laughs* There's actually a story behind what I said there, but I'm not going to bore you with it.

Feeling less 'bleh' now, so I may get back to posting tomorrow.

Our OoC is simply crackling with life these days; I love it.

Newbs on Gaia twilight fanfic RPs metagame. And I don't think anyone wants to be compared to THAT.

Speaking of, I found one recently (I still peruse Gaia) and had the gift of free time bestowed upon me. Being the nice man I am, I created a character named Devius Odarian Oswell Matricius XLII (D.O.O.M. the 42nd, essentially) whom was "Over 9,000 years old," and ended the roleplay in a matter of ten minutes by tearing the "main character" in half, eating it, and leaving. Needless to say, she was angry.

Her "motercycle drivving" still makes me giggle to this day.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back