Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Acadia Discussion

Re: [OOC] Acadia Dicusssion

Sheesh, you and Blackbrid both Fail at this, teddo. it's TREY not kai

T R E Y
TREY
TREY

Fian said:
Daww man, I was hoping the shore leave could give me a breather to concentrate on some Real Life stuff. Shit happens, I'll get posting soon.

Also, plot audit coming up, update your bios on the wiki, I'll see if I can get some interim art for some of your guys.

Uh... okay *scrambles to figure out what to do*

EDIT: well... that was easier than I thought. can't get external links to work though

Solution: knock the station into the sun while "testing" every jamming device withing 2 AUs. Seems like it would solve the Yammie problem.

Demonblooded said:
Solution: knock the station into the sun while "testing" every jamming device withing 2 AUs. Seems like it would solve the Yammie problem.
Starting another war with Yamatai while they are already at war...
Interesting...

Kidding...I'm all for the Nepleslian Military saving their butts and them owing us favors.

Cy83r K0rp53 said:
EDIT: well... that was easier than I thought. can't get external links to work though
For an external links it looks like this:

[[website/link|What you want to name the link]]

And if that doesn't work, sometimes you need a : after the |, like so:

[[website/link|:What you want to name the link]]

I'm pretty sure that's correct; all of my external links work.

Does that help?

Okay, because someone asked me through PM...

1. Paydays are weekly OOC events, it is the player's responsibility to keep track of his/her own finances.

2. Medals and Promotions are IC events, complete with party hats and balloons. Though, who gets what and when is up to the GM's discretion.

Nep GMs are still in discussion as to what to do with the whole NMX thing.

Fian said:
1. Paydays are weekly OOC events, it is the player's responsibility to keep track of his/her own finances.
2. Medals and Promotions are IC events, complete with party hats and balloons. Though, who gets what and when is up to the GM's discretion.
Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, you recieve payment/promotion at the end of the event?
And as far as OOC events, does that mean if you've been posting in an OOC event for a week, you get a weeks pay?
Just want to make sure I'm understanding the pay part exactly.
Nep GMs are still in discussion as to what to do with the whole NMX thing.
Good to know.

Demonblooded said:

did I mention Robert Davis is still on that station? You know, the man holding all of Nepleslia together?

And I'm unclear on payment, too. Is it every week IRL or every week IC? If it's the latter, it's been 2 weeks since we left Golding, right?

Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, you recieve payment/promotion at the end of the event?
Only promotion, and only if the XO/GM wants to reward the character/player.

And I'm unclear on payment, too. Is it every week IRL or every week IC? If it's the latter, it's been 2 weeks since we left Golding, right?

Nay, OOC weeks. So technically you could AFK for a long time and come back to a mountain of cash, but as a rule, you self-update your finances every week and if you miss/forget it, it is forfeit.

Aww man... Most of my characters would be insanely rich according to those rules!

Also, Fian, you gonna control the gate guard, or shall I do that?

You're all on your own now, I know most of you have businesses you wanna settle before the next mission, and the quickest way to do so would be if each of you controlled your own individual NPC interactions and events.

Though, I'll still be willing to reply post for the new guys especially who might not be familiar enough with the setting, just tell me what your character needs done and I'll do my best to smoothen the way at the modest rate of 1.2 posts per day.

Fian said:
Nay, OOC weeks. So technically you could AFK for a long time and come back to a mountain of cash, but as a rule, you self-update your finances every week and if you miss/forget it, it is forfeit.

auw, dammit. Can't we just fudge? I had no idea what the procedure for pay was until now.

++++I mean, come on... our characters get their pay docked for that? :(

Yeah, I wasn't aware how that worked either... We could have our characters buying small starships at that rate.

Oh, dang. Starting salary is more than enough to buy your own shuttle! Did not know it was that cheap.

Soresu said:
More or less Nepleslia is a 'Economical Juggernaut' in terms of her economy. ^^;
At least our economy is good in this universe...too bad the real world is currently in somewhat of a recession.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back