• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

Unlike the Neplesians, he was used to being around and 'with' women. Marriage might not happen on Worldships, but relationships did.
...Don't you mean 'Like the Nepleslians'?

And sorry if I'm not posting... I admit that I'm a bit lost as to what exactly is happening and where everyone is going. :?

Lol, you know it ;) Freespacers have no lack of women and there race has no concept of marriage; in lack oof better words, people get nookie when they want it, lol. Neplesians though are nearly all men; thats why I said UNLIKE Neplesians.

Although Nepleslians are legendary for their promiscuity. Nepleslians pretty much reproduce on an hourly basis, with every female of every species (except Mishhu).

Neps see women all the time, they just don't see many nep women.

I always imagined Nepleslia Prime as being a "50% dwellings, 40% titty bars" kinda planet. The other 10% are gun shops.

Sorry to burst your "playa" bubble, but I don't think Freespacer's have much in the way of sex.

[url=https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=freespacers:freespacers#cloning:21mpum96]Freespacer biology[/url] said:
In theory the Freespacers could still naturally reproduce, but their ships' dangerously high background radiation and accelerated growth makes a baby's natural development risky at best. The fact the whole race is based on a limited population (those who initially fled into unknown space) would also mean inbreeding would eventually occur. New children are instead created by splicing genetic samples and then randomizing certain parts of the genome.
Odd we've never run across this question before...I suppose you could have the sex without the actual reproduction, if radiation killing the organs didn't also kill the desire. But I was under the impression that, although intelligent, Freespacers kept mostly a child-like mentality.

I found it somewhere that they were not unexperienced (I am a newb though so dont listen to me :P)

However, Freespacers arent barren because of the radiation; rather its a genetic trait to avoid those problems you mentioned. They have been made to be sterile to avoid having damaged children whom would destroy the gene pool. The computer network does know how to restore the ability though in the chance that cloning was not possible.

These are just things I remeber reading though, dont ask me where ;)

===Interaction===
Freespacers tend to be much more direct and forward than other species, often saying exactly what they think about a situation even if it may offend others. This is often attributed to their short lifespans, which discourage time-consuming rituals and protocol.

This is especially true when it comes to relationships; their short lives rarely give them the luxury of playing complex emotional games or courtship rituals, so they tend to move much more quickly than other races. Their very strong sense of community and lack of greed (therefore jealousy) in society also causes them to be quite polygamous.

Here it is :)

Which also, technically (and quite unconveniently), makes them hopeless at chatting up members of other speices. XD

It's not actually mentioned in Scarlet's profile, but she does, at least, fit in with the first "clueless" variety instead.

Endless combat training + selflessness + unsexy voidsuits = "Whats the differance between girls and boys again?"

lol

Yamatai Female: Wow, you really are an impressive person.
Freespacer Man: Cool, so does that mean we are gonna...you know?

Thats about as suave as its likely to get with a Freespacer. Would Type 2s act different than a Type 3 though considering they are made to not work independently?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back