• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] Cirrus Station Discussion

Re: Cirrus Station OOC Thread

Thank you for the answer. It's what I was hoping for

I though most automata that weren't junkers had their one SI...

I thought so too. Well, no, wait.
Technically, there are junkers (who have insectlike intelligence), biological freespacers, automata freespacers (who have about the same amount of intelligence and free-thought) and SI who are AI-like beings without a physical body and are usually much smarter and more creative that anyone else due to, simply, having access to greater computational power and no longer having to be concerned about their own physical body.

I think Moonman meant that most automata freespacers onboard were Type Twos.
Type two freespacers still have free will and intelligence, but are far more loyal and efficient than Type Threes (at the expense of creativity and individuality). They are more hivemindish, in a sense.

Maybe Moon meant that there was a local hive on the Cirrus, where the efforts of most Type Twos were coordinated by the Type Five SIs.

But, Type-twos are biological freespacers.

Automata Freespacers are Type 4s. Moon clearly stated automata that have no freewill. So they must be simple robots compared to the automata citizens of the Freestate. Because the article says that Automata, even non-type four automata have some measure of free will, since it's a part of the Freestate to allow everything a choice.

Actually, Type 4 'Spacers can be either automated, like most of the Militant series, or the majority of Cirrus ones, or they can be like Keid. And batshit insane.

Sublime is right: there are biological type two, sentient automata type two, biological type three, sentient automata type three, automata type four, nonsentient automata type four, and SI type fives.

I had forgotten about type fours, lol.

Those automata could also just be nonsentient droids like the junkers, only (more or less) humanoid and remote-controlled by the IAs.

On an unrelated note, Dream is supposedly good at motivational speeches. (well, probably better than Montreal )
Now we'll see whether everyone will join in her rallying cry like in one of those sports anime, or she'll just make a fool out of herself.

(plus, I'm a bit worried that Cassefin might actually just shoot at her with that rifle. But she DID call her station "beautiful" after all, so who knows. Maybe she'll like it. The non-terminally-disrespectful-for-authority stuff she said, at least.)

I added an extra paragraph to my last post...

Della posted Dream's rant just before I posted my RP, so I had to add something on so it would flow properly.

lol, thanks. I see she's heading in "made a fool out of herself" territory.

Sorry for the confusion. Basically, yes, most of the *Automata* are just nonsentients led by the Cirrus SI. There are still Type Fours that have sentience on the station...they just aren't centered around the Robotics facility or the docking bays, where the nonsentient Automata are frequent for cheap labor.

(plus, I'm a bit worried that Cassefin might actually just shoot at her with that rifle. But she DID call her station "beautiful" after all, so who knows. Maybe she'll like it. The non-terminally-disrespectful-for-authority stuff she said, at least.)

Compliments will get you everywhere with Cassefin. You could also try stroking her massive ego. :mrgreen:

The problem is that Dream is a horrendous psychologist. Growing up in a hive-like society has its side-effects.

Thus the adventures of Sailor Dream, magical warrior of science and love, begin.

Stay tuned for the next episode

Why do I get the feeling we're about to see the irresistible force meet the immovable object?

Della said:
because it's exactly what is going to happen?

And I wouldn't doubt it. =)

And Moonie... Your pretty gun is going to become Lorcan's Third knife if the boy has his way. XD you should see what I'm going to do to the armor... *evil laughter*

Lorcan - *spray paints the armor plates bright pink and paints on bunnies and flowers* Heh, new fashion statement for Cirrus station, happy bunnies and flowers! *insane laughter*

LorcanLycan said:
*spray paints the armor plates bright pink and paints on bunnies and flowers* Heh, new fashion statement for Cirrus station, happy bunnies and flowers! *insane laughter*

Dream's gonna love you.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea, But Serra has other plans for her equipment, especially since she brough her tool kit with her. (It as the stachel she had over her shoulder.) >

Cora said:
That doesn't sound like a bad idea, But Serra has other plans for her equipment, especially since she brough her tool kit with her. (It as the stachel she had over her shoulder.) >

Lol Lorcan did the same *pokes his giant top load duffle* He'll prolly saw off the barrel and attach a silencer and replace the shoulder plates of his armor with the ones from his civilian clothing *pokes my picture* Then he'll paint them[the armor plates] all bright and colorful for dream's sake. ^^ He/I have taken a liking to the freespacers lol.

You do realize that there's little point in silencing a full size rifle, right? I'd advise trying to dick the mechanism to full auto as a better use of your time.

I don't mind the thoughts of tinkering with Cassefin's babies, but one thing you all should understand is that while some of the mechanisms are common and found in most in-setting weapons, certain parts are also very complex and probably the first of their kind seen by Nepleslian tinkerers. She wasn't kidding when she said it's a new piece of equipment.

You'll have to run modifications by me prior to making them to see if they'll work.

...and jeez, I already made it heavily modular, hence *Variable* Weapon. What more do you people want? ._.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…