Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Shoot, I wasn't even planning on any emo about the new war. I was taking a business as usual line. Oh well guess I'll need to to edit that when I get the chance.

Okay guys, where is everyone? Seriously I haven't seen anyone on IRC or posting. We have some people waiting plus the story's pace needs to keep going. We don't want to get further behind as it is.

For real, what happened? Is everyone on hiatus and I missed the memo?

I've been part of a playtest at a videogame company and had muc of my time monopolized because of that.

5tar's Sumaru was in the VR chamber practicing swordplay against a tentacley Eve... until Miharu pointed out a zesuaium sickle would cut through his sword as if they were flypaper. From there, no reply that I know of, though I think 5tar has been gone for awhile.

Rin asked something of Tom. Tom never replied, that I know.

Miyoko asked for personal info on Sanjuro, but stalled when Miharu pointed out that she probably would need to report to Yukari on how she pulled out personal info on the man... meaning if she does so for truly professional reasons that she's fine... but if she doesn't then she won't look professional. I've seen no progresss beyond that afterwards.

I've been trying to get in touch with Wes to make a JP - like said earlier - but my opportunities have apparently been limited due to real life events, so, slow in that respect too.

That's what I remember. Note that if the thread died down it's possibly a good indication that we're ready to tangle on the next day.

With a lot of my friends whom had been a year behind me heading off to college, i've been being invited to a ton of parties and hangouts over the last couple of weeks, as well as doing stuff like job searching and getting stuff ready for the upcoming semester of college. I should be able to get back into the swing of things soon.

Also, Fred, Sumaru has a pair of Zesuaium swords that he could have used against eve, and your post about that has been making little sense to me for quite some time. He IS a Samurai, after all.

His bio shows that his signature samurai blades are made one from durandium and the other from steel. I didn't just make that up. I admit I didn't understand why the blade he had been given were so 'mundane', but then I wasn't involved in the chain of events that lead to him being a samurai. Zesuaium blades are rare, but if you're going to name someone a samurai, they ought to have some I agree. Just color me puzzled on that issue.

Also, the point is not really to spite Sumaru. In fact, it's perhaps a big favor for him - I doubt he'd take it very well if his signature weapons for his office were easily chopped off. Those - zesuaium or not - have symbolic value.

Just wrapped up a two week vacation so that explains the absence. Hope ya'll didn't blow up the ship while I was gone. :)

WE MISSED YOU TOM. D:

Anyway, Nyton, since we seem to be lulling, how should we go about getting Azumi and Ayumu into the positions you want them in? I'm personally up for having Sanjuro present the two to Kotori in person, with them present. I don't think I've had a chance to have the captain and Sanjuro communicate on a person-to-person basis as of yet, so maybe now is as good a time as any.

I'm already going through the likely scenarios, haha.

I'm not too picky about it. I'd say a message notifying the Taisa of two prospective transfers to start it. After that there could be an interview along with his presence to vouch for their performance.

I miss you guys! ;-; I'm chugging along through week 4 of my secondary school, I find out the results of today's test in about an hour so hopefully, we'll get cut out early and I finally type some stuff. The crux of my problem rping besides the time issue has been that... a lot of what I am doing trying to for UOC is mirroring part of what I am doing for work, so I am really grateful that Sora is not an Intelligence officer right now. ^^;

Everyone: Mission 4 is up right now. What you're seeing there is just stuff to get the new players into the game.

Please wind up any Mission 3 stuff you've got going, and then start your character out in Mission 4. Breakfast is over, and we're preparing to take Wazu back to the hellhole he came from.

Kel said:
Miyoko added, "When you report to the medbay for your backup, there are usually several books on the desk that you should feel free to peruse while you wait. Some of the medical staff have been neglecting to point that out recently."

You are so bad.

Yeah, I was going to post up a reply on that with him mentioning that he would have to use his other pair of swords in the future, (he also has a Ketsururi Daisho with swords made up of Zesuaium, his personal blades are a different story.)

• Ketsurui Samurai Uniforms

- 1 Ketsurui Samurai Daishô (paired Semi-Transparent blue colored Zesuaium Katana and Wakizashi) w/ specialized black-lacquered sheaths

It's not really that big of an issue, so I'm not offended or anything. I just got really busy over the last little while with moving, getting into school and those sorts of time consuming events. I'll be back on SARP sometime in the late of this week, I'll be back to posting here when I get setup.

MoonMan said:
Kel said:
Miyoko added, "When you report to the medbay for your backup, there are usually several books on the desk that you should feel free to peruse while you wait. Some of the medical staff have been neglecting to point that out recently."

You are so bad.

This made me laugh so hard.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back