Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

I read tech wrong. So sue me. Or rather get me killed. :p

Edit Add: Plus I was bored and didn't utilize time properly to read as to whether or not it was of any merit to save power by sealing off certain unused areas.

Don't worry about it. I'm actually not sure all this tech is written down in the Himiko's entry... and some of it was assumed and was stuff I told to Tom and Doshii without it actually being written down.

Actually, now that I point this out, I owe you an apology Blas. What I said in the post above is right, but there was probably no way you could've known without having it explained to you too... and that makes it a little unfair. Sorry. ^_^;

Nah it's cool man. I admit I'm a little lacking in knowledge of ship tech. Plus I was bored and jumped the gun. I could've at least asked someone on IRC to get a clearer idea about it.

Sorry for the lack of activity the past few days. I've been working furiously on some last minute sowing for a cosplay. The convention starts today, but I'll try and get a few posts in.

Don't worry over it, CadetNewb. We appreciate you keeping in touch and mentioning why you'd be scarce. This much is enough.

Take your time, focus on that sewing for that cosplay and have a good time.

I just want to point out something for the people on Miharu.

Pushing the ship's engines like Yukari said is entirely possible. It's like pushing a domestic car to go to 200kph and over. It's certainly feasible, but hardly advisable and more than just because of speed limit laws.

Not to mention that Miharu is an experimental vessel, with limiters, black box equipment, etc. After all, if a Plumeria can go to over 20 000c with a single CFS unit, why shouldn't Miharu possibly be able to when it has 4 of them? It's certainly within the realm of possibility to make such a thing possible for a short time... even if that wasn't "as designed".

There are measures which can be taken to make it so that a CFS unit won't risk blowing up and be destroyed after 30 to 60 seconds of use. Unfortunately, soul searching talk between sprites does not count to lessen those risks.

Unfortunately, soul searching talk between sprites does not count to lessen those risks.

Oh, Fred. They'll get around to it soon. Let the sprite players have some fun RP between all the dirty work. ;)

Yukari: "While I believe all of us should find ourselves sooner rather than later ... if you do not start making with the engine awesome, I will strangle you on my fiancee's ... my fiancee's! ... wrench! NOW MAKE WITH THE AWESOME!"

Sorry for the absence as of late; lots of fun stuff is happening and I'm just too tuckered.

Luckily, it should be coming to a slow end later in the week.

Just a heads up and not meant to push anything but this month all is quiet and I'm good to post. Next month may not be so. We have stuff starting to happen that will keep everyone busy in preparation for deployment next year (including me even though I'm not going). And then in December I have reclass school which also may be big on the time sink. We will see how that goes.

Anyways just a little warning of things to come.

I made the assumption that Kai and Kyou would follow along Nyton and Masako's orders, rather than keep on doing their chosen action. I didn't see the both of them going so far as to disobey orders if they were leashed back.

I hope you guys won't mind too much. ^_^;

RPG-D RPGfix
Back