Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

I apologize for posting in an OoC thread for a plot I am taking no part in.

I just wanted to take a moment to compliment the Miharu story, its characters, and the insane writing and work that has gone into it.

I've finally taken the time to start reading the current mission from the beginning and I find my self awed and humbled. This isn't the first roleplay plot to awe me, and it likely won't be the last, but I need to say it. The Miharu is awesome. You guys have really inspired me to put more effort into my own posts for roleplay. It's as if I'm reading a novel, and I can sympathize well with the characters.

I can't wait to see how it all ends.

Thankya, Sharpie.

Also, Fred, what kind of weapons would we have on hand in the Hoshi and Miharu? Mostly LASR's, or would we have enough Plasma rifles for Kai to take one?

I think we still have a few plasma rifles laying around along with LASR's. We are running low on missiles and I think SLAG rounds too. May as well say we're low on HE rounds for the LASR too. Don't count on anymore bazooka rounds either I believe.

Yeah, most of the heavy offensive weaponry is out.

LASRs are still good, but not enormously useful against your opponents, and the deadlier ammo reserves aren't what they used to be. So the weapon of choice are the plasma rifles, and yeah, there are still enough of them around.

Countermeasure mini-missiles are still around, same for RPL/SLAG grenades but that supply is dwindling. Your opponents have shields and won't be too susceptible to incendiary explosions especially considering the fight is likely to happen in the vacuum of space and all.

Of course, you might want to keep in mind that Nyton beleives you'll fight Mishhu next, so, maybe your more mishhu-effective weapons (grenades, flamethrowers, LASR) should be hoarded for such a situation.

Kokuten said:
"You guys are all 'oh shit is bad, oh tha' Miharu looks like swiss cheese, oh a buncha people died'!" declared the Malifarian, whirling his arms around in exaggeration. "Why y'all gotta' focus so hard on tha' bad shit? I mean, Kuro-Juni's died twice, n'her tits are still perky, so tha' world cn'keep spinnin' rightly."

Now there's a man who knows where his priorities are. (Asher is now voiced by Mugen in my head.)

Kel, can I ask you to return to the last in-character Miyoko post you wrote and edit it so to make it more open-ended as to when Miyoko's work on the computer is complete?

My doing, Koku. I had just posted something to Kel's attention and I didn't want Kel to miss it because you posted something else afterwards.

Kel, thanks.

I plan to post soon.

I figured it was something along those lines, that's why I didn't post 'hey where'd my post go?' after you moved it. Though, I'd like to think that I was an INTERNET WIZARD and ELECTOMAGICKED some of my words in Doshii's post.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back