• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Well, from the posting rates I'm getting thus far, I kind of suspect I need to give you guys a week per posting round to allow you to sit down and write those stories about your characters.

If I get everyone to post before next monday, I'll move on. Otherwise, I'll post to move things onward. I really hope no one misses the chance to post, though: I think it's a great opportunity to flesh out your characters for whomever reads the plot in ways the plot has not allowed you to so far.

My brain is full of magical girls right now, and, Kai not being one, I wasn't able to squeeze much out about his past.

Kai being a projection of myself, the best I could do was mime my own life.

*failure*

Good try man, good try. Since this is a dream world you could have all sorts of wild things happen though not necessarily involving direct memory. Fred did mention it could turn into a surreal mosaic of events.

Kai's post is adequate - no need to compare yourself to another poster. The point is taking the cue given and tell the story you wish to tell.

Reality or surreality is the choice of the writer, really. As long as suspension of disbelief is held for the person involved in the 'vision', it's fine. The point is ultimately showing off a facet of your character; I tend to think making it more like reality tells a more accurate story, but that's your judgment call to make.

If the quality of that post I just made seems a little bit off, the reason is that I posted it drunk. I woke up the next morning, read it over, and decided it was worth posting, so even if it is a little pedantic or repetative, I figured it had enough good qualities that it would make a good read.

Woohoo, drunken posting!

That's okay. I'm just feeling a bit bad for you guys. At this rate of posting, assuming everyone posts before next Sunday, it'll take you guys three weeks to get through Melisson messing with your minds.

I didn't think it'd take that long based on past posting precedents.

Aendri, Tom and Nyton have yet to post for their characters. I'm only giving until the end of sunday night (my time) before moving on.

Since I intended this to be a three-parter, I'll be giving this a go again a second time. The next deadline is going to be four days (Monday to Thursday) and I'm going to automatically move on again if I get a post from Doshii, Kai, Kokuten and Gallant before that deadline.

If I have players missing those deadlines flagrantly, I may have to apply unfortunate in-character results. I have the other players to cater to, a pace to keep and I did give the caution at the beginning of the Black Knight's outing about posting pace. Hopefully it doesn't have to come to that.

Wth? Man, I spent an hour coming up with something last night, and apparently my post didn't go through. Agh...

I'll try and get something up as soon as I get home tonight.

Wait ... a four-day deadline from Monday to Tuesday? You mean Monday to Thursday?

Also — my iMac is having some major hard drive issues right now. I plan to get it looked at Monday. I should be able to post from K's netbook. If there are other issues, I'll let you know.

I'll get a post in by the deadline. The last week has been mostly spent fretting over health and getting tests done.

No need to go into detail until I know what's up.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back