• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Re: [OoC] Discussion thread

I just want to note that Yukari's going to just keep jerking Miyoko around until I actually remember what the fuck I'm doing.

Kel, you've the patience of a saint. I have a feeling Miyoko will have the patience of a SAINT.

Okay I've tried a dozen times to resize that image bigger within the post. It's viewable on the Starchan images if you want to see the full size. For all that I pretty much hit a brick wall and its getting late. If someone could let me know how to make the image bigger I would much appreciate.

Oh, that's right. I have a 1400 x 900 screen now.

...I guess this is the one time having a widescreen for something else than work is cool. Though... Blas, as a tip, pictures need to be around 500 pixels wide to make sure that people with 1280x960 screen can view the site correctly.

Guys (and Kim), indulge me: I'm having trouble committing the time to make a post taking all your actions into account. I'm working on it, but my windows of opportunity for doing it are rather small right now.

I'm working on it - I was hoping to get it out right now... but my schedule is sort of messed up with me starting an internship. It's a place I go and that they actually ask me to work for 30CDN a week *rolls eyes* there's training and contacts to help jobhunting though.

Oh, and I started trying to do some exercise too. Paid at some place my friends went with. Coincidentally... afterwards, they want to chitchat and talk until very late instead of let me return to my basement.

I want my uneventful evenings back ~_~;

Fred, do you want to split it up some? I know your post above suggests you don't, but I want to put it out there.

Some insight in how Fred works:

I go, read over most of the posts player make and then open up Notepad and start jotting down quick notes of what I feel are the important details I need to keep in mind.This said, I occasionally do miss things, so, don't be shy and point them out to me if I do. I screwed up occasionally before and with more players, that's liable to happen more.

Here's what I write up-

* EVENT: Sensor Dome was attacked, explosions recorded - main sensor system and monitor room

MIHARU
(Main Phased Pulse Cannon: Charging)
(Turreted Particle Cannons: Charging)
(Variable Weapon Pods: Deploying in 20 seconds)
(Torpedo launchers: Loading)
(WARNING - Subspace detonator in effect: Sublight engines, Combined Field System and Spatial Distorsion Shielding nonfunctional)
(Starboard wing armor: status Red)
(Rollbar armor: status Orange)
(Dorsal armor: status Orange)
(Starboard gravimetric drive: Class-C Damage)
(Primary sensor array: Class-C Damage)
(Primary communication system: Class-D Damage)

FIRE TEAM 1:

Kurohoshi-Juni (K1, Mindy Balanced + Saber Rifle)
Rallying team, readying weapons - instruct Asher to guard main hull on the port side, her team goes starboard and makes a deck sweep, moves her team toward the sensor dome going up the main passageway
Freeman-Juni (R1, Daisy + Positron Rifle)
readies weapons, asks for extra weapons, follows Masako up alertly, inwardly gripes at Masako for not taking account of him
Mizuno-Hei (K3, Mindy Shrike, teleporter instead of extra ammo + handheld saber-rifle)
Readying weapons, follows Masako, deploys all NSDs to cover herself. Hovers up the passageway

FIRE TEAM 2:

Westwood-Hei (K2, Mindy Shrike, teleporter instead of extra ammo + handheld saber-rifle)
Readying weapons, rallying team, moved in port MF bay and climbs stairs. Deploys 1 drone ahead of him enters the port main MF bay
Nakamura-Hei (K4, Daisy + Positron Rifle)
Readying weapons, follows Asher
Tsukade-Hei (K5, Mindy Balanced + Saber-Rifle)
Readies weapons (saber-rifle), follows Asher closely

AUXILIARY TEAM:

Claymere-Shoi (B1, Daisy + Positron Rifle)
rallying team, giving out info to the teams, readying weapons, orders team to assemble around the Hoshi medlab. Ask Miharu to report on situation inside and outside. Deploys drones (one front, one covering his back). Moves forwards some in the hallway. Asks Yuka to try and bring the ship's weapons online to defend against the Meng Po. Proposes to use a chibi-MEGAMI probe to compensate for lost sensors. Pods configured to transphasic beams and particle cannons used to target Meng Po's weapon pods. Miharu deploy internal forcefields around engineering and the IES - prepare holographic daisy hologram feint to protect vital systems. Inquires to IES as to why boarders appear undetected. Asks weapon pods to be launched again (not yet! >_>; )
Serizawa-Hei (B2, Daisy + Positron Rifle)
Readies Positron rifle, 2 drones deployed drones (in cargo room). Stows back positron rifle for the plasma one, is being a good boy and guarding with drones covering his angles
Kimura-Hei (B2, Daisy)
guards as instructed by Nyton. Good boy.
Sato-Hei (R2, Daisy)
...nothing? I guess I NPC for now

SUPPORT TEAM:

Suzuka-Shosa (P1, Daisy C)
Active sensors, drones deployed, moves to the hoshi bridge, orders Miyoko to cover her rear. Being a slave driver to Miyoko (bring the whip!), using tachyon sensors to keep track of Meng Po, asks Kotori to do the bridge job (Kotori: "no, this is a PA sim >_<" )
Ketsurui-Kohosei (Q1, Daisy)
looking for barriers in MF bays, heading to main medlab, using active stealth, moving forward alertly. Opens door to the main bay to move towards the medical bay on the main hull, takes position in the Hoshi medlab
Hinoto (Daisy)
Guarding Sora
Mara (Mindy Death Blossom + handheld saber-rifle)
Guarding Yukari
Ichigo (Daisy)
Guarding Yukari
Nimura (Mindy Death Blossom + handheld saber-rifle)
Guarding Sora
Saito-Hei (P2, Daisy)
Using active camouflage, follows Sora, then follows Yukari, deploys one drone while guarding Yukari's rear, darts in the bridge and looks cool
Ashitaka-Hei (Q2, Daisy)
Follows and flank Sora

I have to do this about everytime I make a post in a combat situation... which makes me very glad that I'm not running these as JPs.

Goddamn.

No wonder it takes you awhile. Whew. Well, righto then.

Yukari: "I am not a slave-driv -- " *holds up the whip in her hand* " ... " *hides it behind her* "I do not know how that got there."

I can't help but feel that first 'encounter' with the Black Mindy paragraph you wrote for Mizuno is heavily reminiscent of a scene from 'Aliens'. Plus the other Mindys clinging to the walls and ceiling helped further create that image in my mind.

Wow, Yukari really seems to be staking a lot on Nyton's tactical skill. Unfortunately that's only going to be able to go so far seeing as he can only control so much. Things really look bad for the home team right now. But talk about a challenge! Much fun now.This will take some thinking. Fire teams, you guys better start writing out some trump tight moves. Like Super Metroid Ball Z tight. Remember to utilize everything in your arsenal and don't just limit yourself to point and shoot. The environment, your surroundings, team mates, etc are all factors. You only have seconds to act and turns are literally only a few seconds long.

Well, Nyton IS the tactical officer. *grins* She's having a minor crisis and trying not to repeat what she did before with the Meng Po -- take charge and just issue orders without regard to what Nyton wants.

EDIT: Jesus. Go all out why don't you, Blas.

No problem there. They're still all essentially in the same team, so, they can record their respective status.

IMPORTANT

Due to disagreement with the site's administration, I will be unable to continue fulfilling my duties as a Game Master at this time, which means I will not be able to attend to the Miharu. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause to you, but I pretty much have run out of patience.

I will extend my apology to those new players whom have joined Mission 2, trusting me to weave an interesting plot for them. I will also extend my apology to those players of Mission 1 whom have been exposed to this kind of drama before. At least, I can assure you that I'm not being emo about it this time around.

My recommendations stand as follows: if the plot does proceed, the briefing was written... so you still have something concrete to go on. I feel certain that many people in the senior position can help further the plot, as all are strong roleplayers. I'd advice Jake to especially rely on Blas, as I've seen nothing from him but ardent interest in furthering this plot.

I will see myself out now. Thank you for the ride.

Attention: Miharu Players

Seems I picked a bad weekend to be on training. :(

Anyway, Wes and I are aware you are now without a GM. It is our goal to ensure that a solution is given as soon as possible to ensure as little disruption to you.

Please refer to Doshii for any questions. Doshii please bring any related conversation on this to the Staff Forum.

Wes has been notified. I am away for training this weekend and just peeked in to see this. So I really cant provide much more insight at this time. I am back tomarrow afternoon.

Sorry for any inconvience, try to keep the drama to a low boil.

-Andrew

All I did was tell him not to vandalize the 1st XF wiki (he altered the numbers of ships in protest that the 1st XF was augmenting its forces with ships from the Fleet Depot).

Anyway, since Fred has unexpectedly flipped out, I will be helping with Miharu GMing (relying heavily on the much-respected Doshii).

My plan is that Kotori will be transferred into SAINT and (if Jake wants) Yukari will get command. If Jake doesn't want to be a C/O, then maybe old Rufus might come around.

My JP availability isn't great but I'm good for SPs right now (though thanksgiving holidays will cause a short outage in my posting).

Sorry about this situation. I hope Fred regains his senses and comes back.

No offense, Wes, but Nyton (if he's willing) and I can handle this.

Kotori will be incapacitated by IC events, but she'll still be along for the ride. Yukari will have acting command, Nyton will be acting executive.

So the players know, I'm not going to ask Fred to come back like I did before. Fred's made his bed, and if he wants it this way, that's how it's going to be. I'm going to do the best job I can to live up to his level of play, but it might be bumpy at the start. Please bear with me.

No offense, Wes, but Nyton (if he's willing) and I can handle this.
That's 100% okay with me. I trust you to do a fine job! I just wasn't sure if you wanted to GM or not when I posted.

Send me a note if you need anything from me.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back