Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

I'm going to give things some thought until next sunday (two days), but if I don't see significant participation to the plotship by the end of sunday...

Well, I am considering re-evaluating the plotship and changing its aims considerably. It doesn't look like I can successfully manage this big a crew and keep player interested all the time. Miharu is also separate from the current happenings of the setting, which is sort of unfortunate for some of the participants whom might like to play a hand more in this. There's also a very clear segregation between the new, lower ranked characters and the existing, higher ranked senior staff that appears unhealthy to me.

I'm thinking that if something doesn't work, for the benefit of all of us, I shouldn't grab on to it so stubbornly and change my plans for you guys. If this means having some of you leave for greener pastures... then, it might be an unfortunate necessity.

While it is moving a bit slow, that is okay. As for the segregation, I think it is normal, after all we haven't ever done anything to bond with the crew. No life or death expieriences, no depending on eachother yet, to me it is something natural that will be worked out with time. On the subject of rank segregation I think that is something that will be worked on over time, after all when you first meet your Captain you are on your best behavior. I can only imagine that it is the same with most Officers aboard the ship, time as always will fix that of course (unless they are super strict).

As for not posting, in a combination of laziness (sorry), not sure what to post, and uncertainty of whether or not to post (since this part was the sensors crew bit, I'm not worried about getting time in the limelight. Especially since Yoroko sits between PA pilot, Fighter Pilot, and secondary bridge crew). Ultimately I think whatever you decide is good though.

I keep being unsure of whether I'm even supposed to post... I keep getting the feeling that we're leading up to the time skip, but then it doesn't happen.

Note: For those that saw a suspicious post of Doshii's here indicating various things, ignore it. It was a asshole on his computer.

Bugger, Mm?

Carry on, all is normal.

My apologies especially to you guys ... Lord only knows what Matt could've done here with my mod powers. Once again, I apologize profusely. I'm really sorry for putting our stories in jeopardy.

Sorry for not being very posty lately, I've finally gotten a life aside from my computer. I'll make sure not to forget Star Army, though, especially not the Miharu.

I hope my post in Nyton's thread was okay, if it's not, I'll edit it.

I've got a mini-JP that happened between Miyoko and Yukari during the 14 skipped days. Would you prefer me to post it in the aftermath thread or give it its own thread, Fred?

All Miharu players!

JP OPPORTUNITY FORMING!

This would be a single JP for all players interested. It would take place Wednesday night, starting at 7 p.m. PST. What is it, you ask?

Why, it's celebrating the birthday of Saito Miyoko, our very own TOMI-CHAN!

Cake, booze and general revelry will be involved. Yukari's a naughty XO, and she has the keys to the liquor cabinet.

This is a chance for us to bow this mission out with a bang. Who's up for it?

Well geez, way to ask me if the time worked before scheduling it.

... Nah. The time works for me, so I'm in. Keep in mind that it's a bit late for those east-coasters who actually have something to do Thursday morning, though.

*forgets his timezones* I think pacific is 3 hours behind Eastern, so I will be a few minutes late. (I work until 10 EST) I don't even remember how DST has thrown all this up.

Sanjuro's schedule is pretty hefty; he is a busy man, after all.

...but I think he might be able to drop by to make sure everything is...proper.

Seeing how Motoyoshi Misato gave Kotori and the senior staff access to SAINT files, any warrant officer and up is privy to the knowledge of what was roleplayed out for the most part since Melisson made diplomatic overtures to the Nepleslians in pretty good detail (except for some conversations which were obviously meant to be private). The rest of the crew no doubt have access at least to the news feeds.

Ideally, the characters shouldn't instantly know about it... but now's the opportunity for you guys to learn about that and react to it ICly. I mean, Kotori is just learning about the information beyond the newsfeed herself.

Interesting turn of events to backdrop a party. Sure I would like to JP this event. That is a little on the late side for me but not impossible.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back