Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC [OoC] Miharu Discussion thread

Jake, that PM I sent was just a reminder after a day without seeing a post from you. Worst that would have had happened is me NPCing Yukari. Don't be shy about asking "I'm ill - can Yukari be posted for as an NPC until I get better?" That's really not a problem.

Being sick at work sucks. Happened to me too. I hope you'll get better. >_>;

S'no sweat. If I really start to lose it, just NPC her anyway. As long as she's not being tentacle raped or anything, I'm cool.

Um, make that tomorrow ^_^;

I've been very busy jobhunting and haven't had the time to keep up to speed. My apologies. I shall get back to it... hopefully soonish. Hoping that'll be after I wake up (as I'm going for some shuteye right now).

Still waiting on 5tar here. It's an opportunity for his character to shine so I'm giving him an extra day to seize it. I will need to NPC him through, though, if he hasn't posted by tomorrow.

FYI, we're having an issue with the electricity in our house. We keep blowing breakers for no good reason. >>

Just so people know, the teleporting thing into an closed space is not stuff I made up to look cool. It was something Wes brought to my attention a while back, so I'm just following what I've been told.

Wes said:
Two people just used teleporters to transport onto the Senbu. I wanted to remind you that anyone in the compartment they teleport into would be deafened and possibly burnt. Any glass around would be shattered. Also, if the passenger they carried pushed them over the mass limit (see the teleporter's page), not all of their bodies/armor might have been transported.

I knew about the body mass thing but the inside space thing, I didn't remember it being a problem on the Sakura when we teleported into the Dark Ones Castle OR teleporting in and out of Eve's Stronghold.

So I'm a little confused as to why it is now a problem, according to Wes. o.0; Was this a retcon thing?

It's not a retcon thing. The very first person it happened to ICly was Kotori, whom was the first to try out the teleport option of the Mindy 1F. She ended up appearing on the bridge next to Hanako to defend her from something which had spooked her, only to have her suffer the backlash of her appearance.

There's not much that needs worrying over in the case of a possibly hostile vessel (bridge crew scattered/knockback is a bonus usually). It's also possible to teleport back on Miharu, but preferably in places were there's vaccuum, or enough space to mitigate the backlash of the appearance (the launchbays and airlocks are two better places for that).

Thanks for posting, 5tar. I'll get to replying this saturday.

Hey have we landed yet? I didn't read that so I don't want to assume and prematurely yell launch. Maybe I missed it, so I figured we were still just really close to the hangar by now.

Hoshi eased itself inside the Hangar, so, yes, you can reasonably assume that the ship is inside. The ship hasn't landed right now, but then, it doesn't really need to.

Guys, sorry, but I'm incapable of keeping up with my online presence - probably until January. With the holidays, jobhunting, and other personal projects I find myself squeezed thin.

One of those projects is made to have your experience on the ground mission be more enjoyable. I need more time to complete it, but once it will, it should make it loads more fun.

I apologize for the delay. Until the end of the holidays (after the New Year), the Miharu plot players have special dispensation to post whenever they damn please instead of every day or two. We'll kick this back into motion afterwards.

Also, don't forget to give your best wishes to Kim. She leaves us in January. :)

Just to make sure no one is confused, by systematically firing at targets, Kai is shooting them till they are dead before moving to the next one.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back