• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC [OOC] - Senate of Yamatai Discussion

I will get that NPC bio up here soon

Re: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8857

Welp, that's the first senator to smell the ashes and run from the War Senate. Gallant, are you planning on returning, using a projection, has Mifune thrown her towel in or what?

ShotJon said:
I would like Ahrbeg if I may. I already talked it out with Nashoba ans he is okay with it.
Alright! Granted.

Welp. My job suddenly got ten times harder.

Oh well, nothing worth fighting and arguing for is easy, especially when a bear is involved.

This revelation might be good for posting asides with our senators to flesh them out and see them out of the office, and how they deal with the stress of the job. With family? Friends? Fellow senators? A bottle? We shall see!

Nashoba said:
Gunther looked over at Yusuke, "I would remind my colleague that we currently have a motion that has been seconded. A decision on that should be completed before submitting new motions."

I really don't want to call this out in-character. When a motion is seconded, if no objection is made, it is passed by unanimous consent. Our Senators would know this. Moreover, if that's not how it works in Yamatai (since nothing works like real life in the Yamataian senate), the motion you're referring to was brought on top of a previously seconded motion that had no decision made on it.

So whichever way it works, my Senator can make a new motion to call a vote. I'd like us all to get along in character (and out, for that matter). False accusations that Maeda-taisa isn't following procedure do not help.

Raz, I have no problem, I'm playing Gunther, there is a Motion on the floor, he is wanting a decision before another one is put out. To be honest the Yamatai Senatorial procedures are vague at best. Mainly because there is no speaker to mediate motions etc.

His in-character statement is phrased in a way that suggests my character is acting out of turn. My character is not acting out of turn. I should not have to respond in-character to this or defend Yusuke's actions, as they are not out of turn.

What I have outlined above is extremely frustrating.

I think I got it wrapped up.

Matters not Raz, as I said, the key problem is there is no person assigned as presiding officer to keep such matters straight.

Maybe we should get a Senate leader, then. One who doesn't vote or break ties, because that'd likely give a player 2 votes. Or perhaps the Senate itself should vote for a first among equals to keep procedural efficiency?

As a note, I don't get the righteous indignation going on now. The treaty and the other matter, as several Senators have pointed out, are mutually exclusive. The High Priest talking about killing his people doesn't conflict with any of the points in the treaty and we need to normalize relations, even if it's with our enemies. Start a new discussion topic about it.

Raz, in regards to your first paragraph, I'm already drafting a few proposals to that end.

If that happens, the Office of the Premier might need the power to assign a couple Deputy Premiers, as she's getting pulled in a lot of different directions.

Not a big deal; I just need to know if that's within her power.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…