• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [Open RP] East of the Sun, West of the Moon

"Yes, and no. It's.....very complicated. I was essentially the first EVE, was even installed into one of the first XM1s. Though I have history before then too, and it was a while before I had this body after I became an EVE." It was a loose explanation, she knew that, but Ceilia had grown used to it being somewhat known. Guess it was time to get used to explaining again.

"I can save my full history for some other time I think. That is, if either of you actually ever want to even know.", She added with an awkward giggle. Ceilia gave the woman a pat on the shoulder before returning to her previous smile.

Are smiled at her friend before she spoke “V’s one of the best frame pilots I know!” she said proudly of her friend before the new topic caught her interest. “Oh..” she said in reply as she processed this information. “Amazing what technology we have at our disposal can do!” She commented as she looked at the two of them. Before focusing on Celia. “I’d love to hear it, but only if you’d be comfortable telling us,” she told her.

An actual smile appeared on V115's face when Arye complimented her by calling her one of the best. It wasn't something she'd ever claim to be herself but the praise made her happy none the less. It also reminded her of how excited she was for their deployment and the send off a new ship. It was quite something to be part of something so much larger than oneself. Though she was snapped out of these thoughts by Ceilia's explanation. The explanation itself was slightly jumbled and V115 had a hard time putting it together, especially when something nagged at her in the back of her mind. It was an odd feeling, something she didn't understand. Like a file with an improper extension that you knew was there but couldn't open. In the end she just nodded along with what Arye had to say.

"If you'd like to share, perhaps we should find somewhere more comfortable and private," V115 offered. "I'm not too familiar with the station, but I accessed a map earlier and could probably find a restaurant or bar for us?"

"Taking me to dinner already huh?", Ceilia said with a humorful smirk, before giving both an apologetic smile. "Restaurant would offer more privacy, and I don't need to be getting drunk before going to duty later today. I'll tell you both anything you want to know."

She gave V a teasing hug before giving Arye one as well. The girl practically seemed giddy to have made friends, "Ever onwards girls! This is gonna be so fun."

Gawain Station, Jack's Crossing

Finally leaving customs after a bit, the Yamataian soldier made his appearance at the crossing. Despite being connected to the net, he was never one to go with whatever some virtual intelligence tells him is the best place to eat. And the man was starving for some real food. Seeing a trio of individuals, he makes his way over towards them.

"Excuse me, do any of you happen to know a decent place to eat around here?" Mikael said with a bow of his head and a perfected SAINT smile with enough emotion to not look fake.

Arye was pleased that she made her friend smile and she couldn’t help but think that her friend’s smile was beautiful. She decided she’ll try her best to keep making her smile, but knew that if she kept complimenting her it might get annoying so she will have to be careful. She grinned when V mentioned a bar and Celia commenting on getting her drunk.

This brought thoughts to her mind, can Celia get drunk, and now that she thought of it, can they? She didn’t know, but she did find herself hugging Celia with a happy smile on her face. “Sounds good!” She said and turned to follow V to a restaurant when she heard a voice behind her.

Turning, she spotted the man before her, and her mind processed he wanted to know of a restaurant. She could hear his belly growl. “Funny coincidence we’re heading there now, though me and the girls are going to sit somewhere more private, but you can follow us.

V115 didn't laugh at Ceilia's joke, she always had been rather uptight when it came to jokes, and after the hug she quickly and quietly smoothed her dress uniform. As she did so, the operator woman couldn't help but wonder if Ceilia even could get drunk. Unbeknownst to her, she was processing nearly the same thoughts as her friend. Though V115 had never consumed alcohol she did assume at least that it wouldn't impact her in the slightest.

Right when she was about to take the first step towards the restaurant, a new voice interrupted them. V115 turned back to look at Arye and the man, whom she quickly noticed was wearing a Star Army of Yamatai uniform. Curious she thought to herself. "I can't promise it will be decent, but I do have one picked out. Though admittedly I picked it more for the atmosphere than the food." So it was that she turned back and began walking through the streets of Jack's Crossing, leading the others towards their destination.

Ceilia looked over the newcomer, immediately eyeing the yammie field uniform. Something still rubbed her very wrong about him, particularly in just well he seemed genuine. Ceilia had a hunch, and a suspicion, but no proof. Maybe observing further, or checking his exchange record would give clues in the mean time.

"Pretty much as they said buddy, come join the fun at your own risk. Girls nights out, tend to get rowdy.", She said back to him with her own practiced smirk. He may possibly be intelligence, but he was in her network now.

Seeming as if thinking to add, "Oh go easy on me with the drinks girls. This body is all natural, I can get drunk hehe. Even had babies already, and momma really shouldn't come home drunk hehe."

Last edited:
Mikael put his hand behind his head when his stomach growled, embarrassed. Normally he would not react to it, but he had to quickly build up rapport somehow. Especially with one of them giving off the body language of suspicion. He was going to need to make friends fast to survive in this exchange. "I appreciate it. I will stay out of your way afterward. The Nekos have girl nights out all the time since they are only females. The drawback of being Nepleslian by birth." Mikael says bowing his head again towards Ayre. He then bows his head to V115.

But for Ceclia, he just looks at her a second longer than the others as he briefly assessed her. He then just gives her an even wider smile with matching eyes to not look fake. "That almost sounds like fisticuffs will be involved."

Arye saw that V didn’t laugh, which wasn’t unexpected since she knew full well that her friend wasn’t one to joke around too much from her experience. V’s actions after the hug were noticed, but the younger operator didn’t comment on it since that too was remembered. Arye was more the hugger of the two of them so she appreciated it when Celia hugged her.

She watched the interactions of the girls and this newcomer. She grinned at Celia’s comment about girl's night and she grinned. “Rowdy huh? Sounds interesting,” she said before his comment about Nekos. “I have yet to meet Nekos but I know there are some here in the NDC, like the Kurosaki sisters of the Mining Guild. What are they like?’ she asked Mikael after he spoke of fisticuffs which caused her some concern since she didn’t want fighting on their records she thought they should save it for their enemy.

"I think she means socially rowdy, not physically... at least I hope so as a bare knuckle brawl between each other would be highly against regulations," V115 chimed in as she continued to walk through the park and out to the streets. The streets of Jack's Crossing were fairly wide, with plenty of room on the sidewalks. Storefronts lined the streets and the occasional vendor was set up near the intersections. Eventually they'd come to stand in front of a rather sleek looking front, the words 'The Launch Bay' emblazoned over the door in a stereotypical military font. Beside the door was screen containing an app based version of their menu that could be scrolled through with a touch of the finger. Above and to the right of the sign was a flag pole bearing the NDC's flag.

Mikael looked over to V115 as they walked to "The Launch Bay". "I see, though at least on Nepleslia those the former turns into the latter. As for Nekos, they are a varied people in personality. To understand them, you would have to understand Yamataian culture which would require a lecture or two. Those outside of Yamatai are likely to be even more varied." Mikael responded to the two.

When they arrived at the location, he instinctively (but calmly) looked around the area for potential threats. It was just second-nature for him to be always aware of his surroundings.

"Pfffft, honey, rowdy can mean many things with me. All depends on mood, so physical isn't off the list....might just not involve fighting." Ceilia almost snerked as she clarified that, before looking up at the sign. Even as they stepped in, she was downloading the menu for reference.

As the woman looked about, albeit for a table and not escapes, she leaned towards either operator. "How about we invite him along all the way, at the very least to keep an eye on him. Besides, he's kinda cute for a Yamatain, and I want to know if he's been assigned our ship. I hope letting him tag along is fine with the both of you?", She asked over the neural network.

The youngest operator in the group nodded her head in agreement as her ears picked up on their words and she processed their meaning. She hoped that things didn’t get physical, while desiring to test her body in a fight, she wasn’t sure she wanted to test it here. She found herself listening to Mikael a bit more as he spoke of Nekos, and nodded her head. That seemed Logical they probably had different personalities so that they didn’t seem robotic.

Her attention went to the doors of the place they will be going into. “Oh, someone has a crush?!” she said somewhat teasingly. I am fine with it if you are V, and Celia.” she told them both as both sentences went through the neural network.

The interior of the restaurant wasn't too crowded though they'd find themselves presented with a path to the right and to the left as the center was blocked by an empty host's station. Sitting on the station was a sign that said 'please pick your seats and we will be right with you.' On the right was open tables set out across the metal plated floor. On the left hand side was a wing of booths designed to look like compartments on a ship, there were thick walls between each booth that rose up to the ceiling. Behind the host's station in the center was a bar area with a display of the local star system hanging over the area where the staff worked and prepared drinks. Overall the place was decorated like a tacky version of a hanger or the interior of a starship. Hanging from the ceiling throughout the main dining area various model ships. The staff, or at least the waitresses meanwhile wore a sort of 'uniform' if it could be called that. Short skirts, with tight military-esque tops that sort of reminded V115 of the uniform she was wearing. Though instead of rank insignia or unit patches their uniform simply had the company logo emblazoned on it.

V115 just scanned the place with a slight frown, she had only looked at the ratings and not the content of the reviews. I hope the food's better than the décor... she thought to herself. Though the message over the neural network grabbed her attention. There was something familiar about the signature of Ceilia's message that bugged V115 though she couldn't place it or really put her thoughts to it.

"I'm fine with it, so long as it stays in the realm of friendly banter and we don't go giving away critical information of course." she replied over the network. It was a precaution, probably a needless one, to remind them of such things but V115 had always been a bit of a stick in the mud. After relaying as much she turned to look at Mikael, "I know it's supposed to be girl's night out... but would you like to join us?"

"Oh, I do not want to ruin your fun ladies. If it is to be a girl's night out, then let it be a girl's night out. I just want some food that isn't a Type 38 Ration." Mikael said, continuing with his SAINT trained charm. He then looked over to V115. "Do you happen to know where the NDC Exchange liaison officer is? I need to report my arrival and stow my gear." he says. A close look on his field uniform, a Nataria green trio of sakura flowers patch can be seen above his legion patch.

Last edited:
Ceilia just gave her a really? kind of look, "By the void we need to get you to loosen up. Remind me of my late husband when we first met, and of weyland. Life is pointless if you don't enjoy it and have fun too." Having sent that neurally again, she looked for seating for them, a small pouty frown edging her lips.

"How about a booth? We should all fit in one I think, just of the four of us. Will be nice and cozy, and give some privacy. These short skirts are going to be nerve racking to have in view the whole time.", Ceilia said vocally now to the group. The style left much to be desired, as it was nice yet also kinda bland. The uniforms....well she felt painfully alone again now. Sure she was dating, but they weren't really active like that sadly. She really needed to start going on dates again.

Arye allowed her eyes to take in the new environment around her, making mental notes on the decor and the Waitresses. She wondered if this was a normal restaurant example, though she was unsure about the outfits. It felt military to her when she assumed this place would be civilian or something. She thought next that this could be due to the location. She nodded to herself before she focused on the conversation.

She wasn’t sure how she should reply, since she didn’t want to sound mean when she said that this was how V usually acted. She thought since she didn’t want to be mean, it wasn’t important so she remained silent as she listened to the banter and listened to V talking to the man. “Booth is fine with me,” she commented after a while.

"Noted, or um.... sorry. I'll try to keep that under advisement," she replied over the network without even looking away from Mikael. Though with a shake of her head V115 replied to Mikael, "It's actually my first time on the station so I'm just going off of downloaded maps and other public data." She actually had quite a lot tools at her disposal and could probably assist him but she was also keenly aware of the countdown to when she had to report in herself. Part of her worried that he'd need his hand held all the way to his destination. "A Booth is a good choice," she added after Arye.

A diminutive, sprite-like figure flitted through the crowds, her image periodically flickering as a stray hand tried to swat her away. A brief indignant flair is all she gave them, avoiding the raspberries or other, less mature, responses that she would have given not that long ago.

After all, she was a Captain now.

EVE6 sighed a bit as she finally drifted to one of the major crossings, peering around. It was one of her first real trips 'into the real', using a small prototype drone that could project her image and give her a view of the world around it. A body was being prepared for her and would, hopefully, be ready before their launch - but for now she was barely a foot tall, using all the power the poor drone could muster to render her into existence.

She spotted a few people heading into a nearby bar and smiled. It was good to see her future crew bonding and making friends.

***​

Waylan walked about the station as well, fingering idly at the collar of his suit. It was nothing like the comfortable floral shirts and sandals he preferred to wear, but well - sometimes the higher ups got their way.

"Stupid monkey suit," he muttered. He promised himself that he'd have it, and all its accessories, off at the first opportunity. For now, he'd play along. The station was full of the first batches of Operators, most of them straight out of the newly finished Dawn City, and he just couldn't resist the urge to see them walking around in the wild.

It had taken a huge team to design them, of course, but he and Seraphina had been at the helm. He'd personally overseen every line of code, every joint, all of it - and was pleased with what he was seeing so far. They all seemed so diverse, so full of life. For the first time in a long time, he wasn't sitting around thinking of ways to make the next version better. They'd grow and adapt without him - these new 'children' wouldn't need his help to accomplish even greater things.

Of course, he was also here to see the ship he'd had a smaller hand in developing. One of the pros of being so high up in DOARAD was that he got to play with all the toys.

There was one last reason he'd put on the suit and flown all the way up here, away from the projects that kept his genetically-tilted mind from going insane due to idleness. Ceilia was up here and it had been too long since he'd spent more than a few fleeting moments with her. He checked himself in a nearby store window, adjusted his eyepatch and tie, and continued on.

Chief Engineer Mu417 was running his inspection inside the Ravenaca's Watch, the first of the new Spectre-class to launch. The ship was going to go out into the universe with more ceremony than usual thanks to its new crew and he had no intention of letting anything go wrong.

Mu had been one of the AIs overseeing the original colony ships that arrived in Sanctum years ago. At the time, he hadn't truly been sentient. Some odd combination of bugs or experiences had given him that spark only a few months ago - not enough to make him fully sentient, but enough to have him asking the right questions of the museum stewards who'd been taking care of him down in Obsidian City. It had been they who had gotten him into the early AI trials for the new Initialization process that AIs, Operators, and clones went through now.

The result of their efforts was a crotchety old man in a young man's body.

He eyed the ship's drive system skeptically, then popped open one of the access hatches and drooped himself inside. Mu pulled himself out, holding a loose bolt in one hand and wearing a triumphant grin. "I knew it. Can't trust the ship fabricators to get everything right. Now, let's see where you came from.."

With a wrench in hand, he began the hunt for the bolt's missing nut.

If there was one thing that any good bar needed, it was drunks. Especially in a military bar.

Two men wearing flight jackets and, inexplicably, sun glasses, began to saunter towards the booth that Ceilia, Arye, V117, and Mikael had taken as their own as "You've lost that loving feeling" by the Righteous Brothers (or some SARP equivalent) began to play over the bar's radio.

The first one, sporting close-cropped dark hair and an easy-going smile, leaned up against the table a little more abruptly than he probably intended. He looked to Mikael. "Hey fella, mind sharing the wealth? It's just not right for one man to be sitting with this many beautiful women all on his own."

The other, with lighter color hair, added his own charismatic smile. "How about it, ladies? You look like you could use a good dance."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back