• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Open RP] East of the Sun, West of the Moon

With the ladies clearly not taking no for an answer, Mikael just internally sighs and sits to the outside of the booth to keep an eye on his duffel bag. He then looks over the location to do his standard assessment, taking in the sight of the tacky military bar. The only visual cue for what he was doing was when he raised his left eyebrow when he actually takes in the business uniform.

"If a Nepleslian is not the owner and founder of his bar, I will be extremely surprised. Though this is still tame compared to this one bar in my home district. Oooweeeeeee." Mikael says as he remembers the totally wholesome not-Chesty bar. He then mentally started to filter the wireless frequencies he was perceiving and selected the one for the restaurant. "Now... let's see what they have..."

"Hey fella, mind sharing the wealth? It's just not right for one man to be sitting with this many beautiful women all on his own."

Mikael just slowly leans back and looks at the male that abruptly leaned on the table in front of him. He just looks smiles with a slightly cool smile as he looked their body language and intentions. Not seeing any protrusions on their forehead, be figures them to be human or Nepleslians.

"If they desire your company, sure. I am just tagging along to *eat* some real food." Mikael says, stressing eat in his sentence.

Last edited:
For her part, V115 had chosen to sit on the inside and set her duffle bag down on the floor between her legs. She didn't really care who sat next to her and with her small frame there was certainly plenty of room. Her pink eyes began to peruse the menu on her HUD for a moment as Mikael began to talk. His words had V115 very curious, she knew quite little about Nepleslians or why they would be the owner of a bar such as this. In addition to that, she was unsure of what he meant by tame. Was it more violent? She was about to ask when the duo wearing sunglasses and flight jackets approached them.

She looked at the two of them, examining them and their postures. By the frown on her face it was evident that she wasn't amused. With a single hand she brushed back some of her metallic anodized hair, revealing a small metallic blue pointed horn sticking out of her forehead. Aside from her eye color, it was yet another feature that pointed towards her true nature. "I'd actually like to sit down and speak with my friend and new acquaintances."

Ceilia giggled at the men who'd so boldenly approached them, "Sorry boys, but I can't really dance, only do slow dances. Though I'd prefer dinner first if offering a date.", She answered with a cute smile and a wink. She'd seen these guys before, never really met them though.

Sliding some hair out of her way, Ceilia continued, "We haven't even caught your names boys. I've seen your flying, but never got an introduction. I was in command of the carrier we had deployed as flagship during the Nephis landing. You both did well in that battle, especially since the fighter casualties were rather high that day."

Arye chose to sit beside her friend, to the right of her friend V. She too had her duffle bag at her feet just waiting there for her as she waited to see what happened next. Her thoughts went to Celia and the questions she wanted to ask, and the answer that the woman would give. It was unexpected that she had family something she was pleased with immensely. She glanced a Celia again and smiled as her thoughts went to all the answers she’d get before her attention went to Mikael when he spoke his comment that he would be surprised if a Nepleslian wasn’t the owner of the bar. She wondered if that meant that commonly Nepleslians owned bars more than anything else.

She was about to ask him about it when the new arrivals came up at their table. Her face was a look of confusion, not for the horn that V had but rather the words the men had spoken. “Sharing the wealth?” she asked, confused, then glances at Mikael. “Are you wealthy?” She asked him then glanced over “yeah, I’ve never really found it enjoyable too much to dance all that much” She said besides there was something she found of much more interest.

Though Celia’s remark to the boys caught their attention. She’d heard there was a battle with pirates.

The blonde haired man gave Ceilia a smile, not recognizing her but trusting her enough to believe that she was who she said she was. "Ah, thanks, ma'am. Just doing our part, you know. How about I buy you a dr-"

"Wait a second," said the man in the darker hair, squinting at the horn on V's forehead. "You're one of those new toasters the big brains are looking to replace us with, aren't you?"

"Ah, c'mon Rebel, it's not like-" said the other pilot, holding up a hand to cut the man off.

The dark haired man man, "Rebel", swatted the hand away.

"Oh, it is like that. We go up and bleed for the Conclave, and they want to thank us by giving our jobs to a bunch of fancy vacuum cleaners. At least they had the decency to build them well." Rebel said that last bit with more leer at V and the other women than was really appropriate.

The blonde man was doing what he could to reign his friend in, but it was clear that too many drinks had been had. Rebel took a half-assed swing at his friend when he got too forceful with pulling him away. That earned Rebel a strong shove back - right into, and onto, the table that Arye, V, Ceilia, and Mikael were sitting at.

"Snakechicken!" cursed Rebel as he tried to get to his feet. "You're taking their side?!"

'Snakechicken' was, of course, not trying to take any sides. But it was too late at this point. A few other pilots and crewmen from nearby tables had picked up on what was going on and were moving over to grab hold of the man's arms as Rebel worked back to his feet. A few of the bar's patrons were eyeing nearby stools, wondering just how well they'd fare as impromptu clubs.

Struggling against the men restraining him, Snakechicken spat, "Your fucking temper is gonna get me killed one of these days! Cool it!"

Rebel, finally free of the table, took a few awkward steps forward and slugged Snakechicken in the jaw.

It was all the spark the bar needed to truly go to hell.

If there was one thing that really pushed V115's buttons it was being compared to something as simple and lifeless as a toaster. Her eyes narrowed, and she raised a hand to wave the man off. "Typical emotional response from an organic," she retorted coolly. "Go play in the sandbox or something, you're clearly just a child... little boy." Of course right as she finished, Rebel was knocked back onto the table. She simply watched as the man struggled to his feet and attacked his friend. From there V just sighed and grabbed her duffle bag below the table.

"I think it's either time to hunker down or leave," she said while looking to the others as things began cascading into chaos.

Mikael remained silent, with the pair not acknowledging his presence anymore. He just watched and analyzed the situation once what Ceilia had said before made sense to him. He pondered what the use of the horn was for what he assumed were androids with all this talk of toasters and organic. Part of him almost took the organic comment to heart, but his professionalism kept it at bay as it always did. Of course, it might be more due to the fact he didn't even think he was Mikael Harris anymore with how many times he has died for the Empire.

Before he could get pulled into a conference with his subconsciousness' avatars again, one of the fighter pilots was slammed into the table and he reviewed what he had missed. A bar fight!!! And one over such a stupid reason as well. His Nepleslian remains pushed hard to be unbound, manifesting as a grin on his face. But the grin quickly went away and the cold look of a SAINT trained predator made its appearance.

"I see the Conclave has some issues it needs to sort out. If you are androids, then we should be able to communicate wirelessly." Mikael said before he started tapping in a very primitive form of sector standardized emergency communication issue out a password for the encrypted wireless communication channel he just established. He didn't really expect any of them to be paying attention to him as the fight was going on.

He then watched someone grab his duffel bag and launch it across the bar to smack someone.

"What a bunch of brutish dumbasses. Guys, do you want to find somewhere else, were not going to get any service like this. Mikael, I'll get your bag back." Ceilia said right after she witness the one in question go flying. She looked to the others with a frown, then to the right with a growl.

[Hey, can one of ya, or two if necessary, carry me if we're leaving? I'm about to do something to get his bag back while we go if we are. Also I'll play router for your comm line Mikael, Geist isn't neurally formatted for outside networks of the same type by default.] The words they'd all hear in their heads now would be given as she searched for a nearby asset. Finding one, she looked to the two she was between, before settling on Mikael. Yeah he'd work, least he could do for her getting the bag. "Hold me for a bit.", She simply said before her irises greyed out, dull and empty, devoid of color.

The now seemingly lifeless body would flop, slumping against the poor minkan. It was almost as if she just died on the spot, but yet the body was still breathing somehow.

[If anyone asks, I took a blow to the head, or something. Just unconscious, hopefully should leave you alone as you guys carry me.], Came her diembodied voice. A few minutes later, a humanoid AMP security drone walked into the bar. Other people simply bounced off the unit, it shoving it's way through before picking up the bag from where it had landed. As it was indirectly battered, ignoring the blows, it would head back to the group, or follow them out depending on their course of action.

"Interesting..." Mikael replied back when the incompatibility issue was mentioned. That was a first for him, but it made sense to use an entirely unique format and not be cross capability to limit vectors of attack. He would have to study this later.

"No, no need I can..." Mikael mentally says before he is cut off and her seemingly lifeless body slumps onto him. The Chui just throws his arms up to show where they are to the two operators. Sure she was cute, but this was certainly not how he wanted to throw themselves at him. He wanted them to do it willingly after he successfully accomplishes the task of seduction.

Then the security droid came in shortly afterward. Mikael was intelligent enough to put the pieces together. "Now that I got to learn how to do." Mikael says to himself, not transmitting to the group. "If we are going to leave, now might be the best time to do some." Mikael finally said on the channel as he swats away a stray bottle that came his way. "I imagine that is a security droid. Liquid courage makes people think they can stand up against security."

Mikael floats up a bit to position Ceilia's body in a way so he can carry her in a fireman's carry. He kicks anyone with some added inertia to take out the breath of anyone are dumb enough to come at him.

Last edited:
The guy seemed decent before, all he wanted was to dance with a couple of girls. But her thoughts immediately went bad when he referred to them as toasters. From a corner of her eye, she saw Mikael’s bag fly away. She got up from her seat just as Rebel fell onto their table. “Why are the drunks idiots,” she said to herself as her bag was immediately picked up and slung over her shoulder as she turned to exit. Her first thought was to go in and knock the rioters out, but she assumed that the security can handle it. She had a far more pressing matter to attend to namely making sure her friends got out of there.

Arye did move in and give a hard tap on the back of the head to knock out any who came too close to them. The security drone with the bag was noticed, but she didn’t comment on them. She also didn’t comment as she noticed that Celia appeared to be breathing though she was out, her systems picked up on communication from one of them.

V115 calmly moved from her seat deep within the booth out on the floor as the others seemed to handle themselves well enough. Her pink eyes looked to the Mikael to be sure that he could adequately carry Ceilia's body before simply following in Arye's wake. Though as they made their way through the crowd, she finally "spoke up" over their little local network, "I hope we don't run into more like them soon. This whole bar just seemed to be waiting for trouble..."

Once they were outside and away, the bot tapped Mikael on the shoulder. Once his attention was had, the duffel was set down for him. It then briefly paused before turning away and leaving, which lead Ceilia to stir again. "You know, as slightly uncomfortable as this is, I could get used to shoulder rides. Such a gentleman too.", Came Ceillia's voice again, relaxed as she hung on the Minkan's shoulder. "So where to now, try some place else maybe..... preferably minus a bar."

Mikael effortlessly carried Ceilia's body as he made his way out. Kami bless his Yamataian designed muscles. He nodded his head to the droid once dropped off his duffle bag. He squatted down to pick it up by the strap. An action that would later be largely wasted as the woman came back to her own senses again. He resisted the urge to drop her like a sack of manly Nepleslian "Body Spuds!!! Now with extra protein!!!". But he just let her get down as he was still squatting.

"Well, I still need to find the liaison officer and figure out where they are assigning me. The orders just mentioned shipborne duty."

Arye nodded her head in agreement “I swear if our crewmates are Trashbaits I’ll be pissed.” She replied to the network before she glanced over to Celia, who appeared to be “conscious” again and she couldn’t help but grin. “Lucky girl gets to be carried by a handsome man,” she commented with a chuckle before turning to Mikael. “We could go there if you’d like.”

Sure enough, a low key brawl began as they left. Given the already festering anti-synthetic feel in the bar, the arrival of a security android was both timely and gave everyone something to take out their anger on.

When Ceilia let the drone get back to its regularly scheduled programming, it's first thought was, "Why am I in a bar?" followed shortly by "And why are people hitting me with stools?". Well, in machine path think- at least. It was more of a 'Find current position. Error. Checking positioning systems.' and that sort of thing, but the sentiment was the same.

As the group left the building, Rebel had decided that he'd had quite enough of the robot ignoring his attempts to harm it. He threw a punch, which was promptly caught and redirected- sending the pilot out the door and into the crowd. The 'bot had the good sense to not throw him into the group he'd been suborned to protect.

The bot trundled after Rebel repeating, "Violence in a common area is prohibited by station accords. Violence in a common area ... ", caught somewhere between doing Ceilia's bidding and following its default programming.

Somewhere else in the station, one of the security officers received notice that one of the drones under his command had been put under someone else's control. That wasn't normal or proper, so the woman gave a heavy sigh, put on her hat, and went out to track down the missing drone.

EVE6 was floating along, peering into the various shops when the sound of glass breaking caught her attention. She pivoted about to get a better look - an unnecessary motion, seeing as her body wasn't real - and saw a security robot emerging from a bar as the crowd parted around something - or someone?.

She wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but she'd heard that bars tended to have that sort of thing happen often enough. It was apparently frequent enough in some places that the stools were built with strong magnets so that they could be easily reassembled.

She wondered if that bar had thought things through to that extent.

It was none of her business, though, and she'd become rather taken by a bauble in the nearest window. Just as she was getting ready to head inside, an alert popped up in her periphery.

"Oh!" she said, pleased.

The diminutive hologram and her floating projector began to drift back into the crowd until she was eventually face-to-face with Mikael and his cargo.

"Are you Mikael Harris?" she asked, standing primly in mid air. On closer inspection, she had a confident bearing to her - albeit one contained within all of twelve inches of digital height.

V115 exhaled sharply as they exited out back onto the street, "Well that was an experience to be sure." She stood rather calmly but turned her body so that her back wasn't to the door. Never knew if someone might follow them out right? Well that came in handy when one Rebel came flying out, literally, from the bar. She was able to move in time to get out of the way, though fortunately it seemed as if the bot was going to round him up again before the fighting could spill out into the street. For her part, V115 just sort of grimaced a bit before gesturing for the others to keep walking now that Ceilia was back with them. Though when Arye made her comment about being carried by a handsome man V115 looked at her with an expression that just said 'really?'

That was when the strange floating bot appeared, V115 looked at it with confusion for a moment though she quickly turned to look at Ceilia to see if the woman knew what it was. However before she could speak the bot addressed their yamataian exchange officer.

Mikael stopped himself from blinking like a moron when he saw the small drone and its 12-inch hologram stop in front of him. He was still squatting down waiting for Ceilia to get off him, so he could not spring up and properly look at EVE6. He could see the confidence in the small form's body language. It could just be a trick, but he didn't have any evidence to support another conclusion.

"Yes, I am Chui Mikael Harris. Just leaving a rather rowdy bar. Was just looking for some food."

The hologram looked pleased at the response.

"Excellent! My name is EVE6, Captain of the Ravenaca's Watch. You've been assigned to my ship, Harris. I'll send over your orders now."

A message was promptly sent to the man, containing both the official orders and ask the necessary information to get him to the ship with appropriate equipment.

"I look forward to working with you," she said, then looked to the others.

"Interesting." The hologram and its projector hovered nearer to V. The short figure looked at her this way and that. "I'm still waiting for my body to be ready. I used to be a Frame AI. Like you, I think?"

She looked to Ceilia as she said that last question.

"Well," she said, getting her train of thought straight. "I need to head to the ship and prepare for our commencement. I'll see you all there!"

Arye just smiled at V in response to the look. She just thought it was adorable how he carried Celia, and soon the newcomer caught Arye’s attention, with how small she appeared to be. Arye glanced to the hologram and blinked her eyes as she watched the interaction between her and Mikael. She observed the height and the detailed appearance, and based on her words she thought that the Hologram person was an AI

It was soon proven that she was an Ai and that she was their captain. V appeared to have her full attention. “Yes, ma’am!” She replied simply and remembered how excited she’d been in being on the ship. “Looks like we’re serving together, Mikael. I received my orders earlier that I was supposed to go onto the ship.

V115 watched as the hologram declared itself to be their ship's captain and also an AI. Such as thing was curious to the young operator and also a welcome relief. She was glad to have a, hopefully experienced, non organic in charge of things. However when the bot hosting the little image of their captain flew over and stopped directly in front of her, she couldn't help but to stiffen up slightly and straighten out her posture.

"See you there ma'am," V115 replied to EVE6 as the little bot and hologram floated off. She then turned to the rest of the group, "So what now?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back