Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Osaka's doodling

OsakanOne here. The better stuff of my journey to artistic enlightenment ends up here. At this point, it's mostly just experimentation...

lolipw5.png

If you'd like me to have a go at something for you, just ask here!

upload_2017-4-17_18-16-55.webp

Ended up painting over an old sculpt to solve an engineering problem that had been bugging me: I figure the cables to the helmet are a bit like those wires on the back of NASCAR driver helmets with a computer controlled torsion cord system so big impacts don't snap pilot's necks in conjunction with an impact absorbing collar around the neck. There'd also have to be some kind of manual rebreather that controls the intake rate of the pilot with the kinds of accelerations involved or they'd pass out super quickly because they're constantly doing turns and no pilot has that kind of respiration discipline; No IRL pilot has perfect breathing discipline all the time: You can't pull 9Gs and option select and master-arm at the same time -- not because your arms won't lift off the couch but because you can't think of both sets of things at once. Even in neural control thats a very serious issue. I also figure breathing would be done automatically in some way, so the suit takes over and adds and removes air pressure and cycles CO2 out or adds different mixtures to the air it gives for rapid entry into the blood stream.

upload_2017-4-24_11-49-18.webp

Got lighting down. Need to work on facial proportions a bit more.

Her nose is very wide and large, though cute. A lot of the shapes are also off.

Yargh.​

RPG-D RPGfix
Back