Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Osaka's doodling

OsakanOne here. The better stuff of my journey to artistic enlightenment ends up here. At this point, it's mostly just experimentation...

lolipw5.png

If you'd like me to have a go at something for you, just ask here!

If people get payed millions to make tin foil stick men and dub them transformers, I'd still be okay with being this level of 'terrible'...

Long live leggy boob robots with mad multi arms, I say.

View attachment 7699
I guess if metal gear rising already did it, then why not?
avignette2_wikia_nocookie_net_zoe_images_6_69_InhertZOE2_jpg_rd1e9c9891569ae3090f0302db25770ac.webp

Zone of the Enders beat you to it, my dude

ai.imgur.com_vGBGihQ.webp

I think its funny how we all depend so rediculously on fusion reactors and stuff, given we're basically living on a giant fucking lightning rod.
A satellite with 3mm of aluminium shielding in an elliptic orbit of 200/20,000 miles passing through the belt recieves 2,5000 REM - Which is about 25Sv per year.
``Osaki A full body dose of 5Sv in a single human lifespan at any duration or length is lethal.

You could power some really frighteningly huge stuff with the magnetic flux of Earth and the shit it recieves from the Van allen radiation belt.

I love the way this version has extra notes and lacks the resolve of "Detatch": https://youtu.be/kwhe5FJw-K4?t=432

ai.imgur.com_O1VWkDR.webp

There we go. Gonna delete one of the other posts, keep the other for prosparity.

If you can guess what the animal is I'll be shocked.​

Well, working with photographic references and Bob Ross is one thing but if I'm gonna learn to paint properly I need to do light and perspective studies like an adult. This shit is driving me fucking bonkers but its a neccesary evil if I want to be a decent artist and not just some monkey who throws shit around in 3D.

Something is wrong about the platonic lighting in this painting and I can't put my finger on what.

Its driving me crazy. The perspective checks out as per someone who knows their shit has told me but the lighting is such a fucking messssssss

aimages_discordapp_net__eJwFwdENhCAQBcBeKICFpyDaDUGCRmUJrLmPy_aa4a4790bb7fd346fd0fb23bc1b32602.webp

acdn.discordapp.com_attachments_236015082528702465_292636564549402625_unknown.webp

upload_2017-4-5_7-1-58.webp

>The Modo plugin is currently broken

>Talking to Wes McDermott, the project lead/evangelist about whats going on
>Try nightly release Build 262/2.3.0/e4b9ca)
>Crashes anyway
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

upload_2017-4-16_13-18-6.webp

"First, do no harm"

"Employee safety"

"Moderation"

"Forethought"

"Do not operate heavy machinery"

"Sound mind and judgement"

"Social decorum"

"Professional relationship"

"Platonic friend"