• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill (PG-13) Visit to Nepleslia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding out if the debris had affected the vector of the escape pod required a thorough analysis of the masses floating about in space. It was no mean feat, but a quick look though "Escape Pod for Dummies" on her Datapad showed Arin a few things that could be done in the meantime.

"Pilot Aendri, have the Yggdrasill patrol the immediate area like this." The Representative uploaded a zig zagging line on the map. "It could still be around here somewhere, and we could use the additional sensor data for cross reference." The next line came out rather sternly. "We must find them."

Aendri took in the pattern with a glance, and set up the autopilot to run the pattern. "I'm assuming I should be prepared to receive the pod when we find it?" He ignored the possibility of them not finding the pod.

"I'm going to extend all sensors to farthest reach, and focus processing on all signals dealing with life signs or such things that constitute a possible life pod." Kenji told them, hitting some switches and punching in some codes.

Yggdrasill then chimed in with information...a target had been found.

"I've found an item matching configuration of an escape pod detected. Life signs are inside, but the number is indeterminate at this range."

The Yggdrasill was actually closer to the escape pod, and started moving toward it. Usually the AI would allow Aendri or Ken, its pilots, to decide things; but it knew time was a limiting factor and elected to act of its own accord.

The fact the ship could act independently of its pilot , or even disobey, was impressive, though likely a bit of a shock and scare to the pilot who had just lost control of the ship.

"I see it, Father! Moving to Coordinates! Sorry, Aendri, but I don't know their condition, so time's critical. I'll take my own helm for now, okay?"

"OK, just chime in when I should take control again." Aendri sat back again, and tried to relax a bit. Hopefully they're all OK. "Oh, yeah." Aendri reached over to activate the comm system. "Med bay, you should be ready to receive one or more people of unknown race, possibly oxygen replied. Stand by."

The Yggdrasill took the escape pod into its cargo bay, and began to scan it...

"Pod retrieved, Control restored. Scanning the pod..."

(Fian, you can post what it finds inside.)

The scans showed five men in dirtied NAM uniforms. One of them showed fading life signs and is lying down. Three of his compatriots were not in a good condition either, they were seated in the strapped seats in the pod but had taken hibernation serums to conserve food and oxygen. The last guy was rough looking and muscular, a scar running across his cheek can be easily seen as he is shouting at the pod's console transmitting to the Ygg. "Hurry up you pieces of craps! There is a man dying in here!"

"We found it!" Arin sood up from her chair feeling relieved. So it was in the area all along, perhaps I should put more faith in my own skills. Gathering up a few forms, she quickly made her way to the airlock where the rescued will be taken onboard.

Toshiro quickly rose and strode out of the room...however, he did take the time to unlock the gun-safe under his chair and prepare his weapons...after all, they were dealing with desperate soldiers in wartime.

"All personnel, arm yourself if you own a weapon, just in case. Aendri-san, please come with me and assist. Let Ygg pilot for now. Yggdrasill, coordinate with Ken and Shinji-san, keep them up do date and listen for any data from Miyoshi-hakase. Lyshana-hakase, prepare to receive wounded!"

The young Commodore ordered this as he got out of his chair and moved to greet the newcomers, grabbing a stretcher from outside the medbay.

"Copy that, Cap'n" Shinji promptly replied, wishing he had thought to bring his RPB with him, thinking of it sitting lonely in his bag. well, he WAS on the shuttle, and as such in no immediate danger. He eagerly turned up the radio waiting for the doctor to report in with them.

"OK, will do sir." Aendri then stood up, stretching himself slightly to work kinks out, then following the captain. "Should I grab my katana and knife before we head down?"

Toshiro thought for a moment, pausing only briefly.

"...Bring your knife and conceal it. But not the Katana. These are only precautions to protect ourselves, remember.

Besides, Nepleslian soldiers may be upset and angered at the sight of a Yamataian weapon...and everyone? To avoid confusion, please call me 'Commodore' when in front of visitors, alright?"

He didn't seem to be upset, but introducing himself as a Commodore and having everyone call him Captain would seem very odd...

"That makes sense." Aendri then ran down to the room, grabbed his knife and concealed the knife in its sheath under his jacket. He then jogged back to the 'Commodore'. "Alright, whenever you are ready sir."

Lyshana entered the cargo bay, her winds angled forward as she headed to the escape pod, her tools along with her, her feet barely touched the deck as she propelled herself forward. She opened the escape pod, glaring at the people inside "What is the nature of the problems?" she demanded, authoritatively, her whole tiny body, and large wings, quivering with energy.

The angry man who wore the Lower White Collar company uniform, tried to move Lyshana aside. "We have a man seriously injured here, give him some air!" Him and another person in techie clothes brought the wounded man out of the battered escape pod in a strecher. The incapicitated LWC had multiple small caliber bullet wounds and they were festering from being untreated in the pod for so long.

The scarred officer was not pleased with being rescued by a multi racial crew, unable to pick out the captain of the ship from the small crowd, he called outloud. "Whos in charge here?"

Lyshana growled "Over medical issues? Right now? I'm pretty sure that's me. AETHERSPERM! WHY DID YOU LEAVE THIS UNTREATED SO LONG!? YOU'RE NEPPLESIANS! SURELY YOU HAD ALCOHOL YOU COULD HAVE POURED OVER THE WOUNDS AT LEAST!" She pulled out her tools, focusing on the man, totally ignoring any response, totally focused on fixing up her ward to the best of her ability. Her wings twitch and writhe with a nervous energy, sweeping up small dust-devils across the deck. She doesn't act much like an elysian, no matter how much the short woman looked like one.

Hearing the conversation, Toshiro chimed in from the bridge...

"I am the owner and CO of this vessel...I'm Commodore Yuki Toshiro, and you are aboard the Search, Rescue, and Salvage Ship Yggdrasill...we've recovered your ship's black box and are decoding it with our OS right now...in the meantime, please listen to Lyshana-Hakase. She is the head medical person at the moment...what is your status, so I can relay it to your government?"

The man looked at Lyshana menacingly. “The pirates left us with nothing, not even the food in the escape pod.” He then turned to the captain, his face softened, but still naturally brutish. “We took turns staying awake to take care of our companion. The sleep meds ran out on my watch, so I think now my aggression to your rescue is unwarranted.” He then gestured to the speaker. “I am LWC Marcus Teodor, an employee of NAM. I’m in charge of... Material acquisition on the NSS Annum.”

“That’s new.” Arin appeared, unfeelingly shoving a pile of papers on the surprised Marcus. “Whatever it is, you have to fill these out by 0600, or the Company will run into bigger problems.” She then walked over to hold the stretcher on one side before motioning to Lyshana. “He looks bad, we need to take him to the medibay ASAP!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back