• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Post Mission 5] A Time for Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kumiko blushed. "Thank you very much. The Taisa is much prettier than me though." It had been quite some time since anyone had actually thought she was good looking. "I'm not a big person for jewelry though. Would you like to come with me to look for a new pair of shoes quickly, Ramiro-san?" She hoped he would say yes, but maybe he was uncomfortable being alone with her, or maybe he was just being polite.

"I'd love to." Ramiro replied to Kumiko with a smile. Ugh, shoe shopping. Wait, did she say quick? There's no such thing as quick shoe shopping. He followed her to where the shoes are and once they were out of earshot of the others he looked over at her. "And between you and me, I think you look much prettier than the Taisa."

"Well, thank you." Kumiko looked over, and squeed, having a totally non-Kumiko moment of girlyness. She had just noticed a pair of day slippers, a light, matte black, which would go perfectly with her dress. Then she blushed, and darted a quick glance at Ramiro to see how he reacted, and looked at the ground. "Umm, let's keep that moment between us OK? That really wasn't like me, I promise."

Keeping up with what Konoka was saying, Hotaru had a brief look through the section they were in. Not seeing anything that jumped out at her, she responded to Konaka after thinking through her answer, "I am very content Ka-chan. Onboard what I believe to be the best ship in the Star Army, commanded by someone I respect and admire greatly, surrounded by friendly crewmembers. Yes I can say I'm happy."

Looking at the shoes Konoka picked up, she couldn't help but think that if Konoka had her way EVERYTHING would be pink and sparkly. Grinning, Hotaru replied, "I don't think they would suit me, the colour in particular. However I think they would finish off your outfit admirably. You will definately be noticed," she finished with a wink.

"I haven't really thought about any heavy outerwear to be honest, nor jewellery though I do have some simple trinkets and the like." Pondering for a few seconds Hotaru continued, "Tell you what," seeing that the group were heading off towards a jewellery store, "after having looked at the jewellery you can show me the jackets and help me choose. Deal?" finished Hotaru as they both went with the group.

Sune watched as members of the shopping expedition began pairing up and going off in smaller groups. He watched with amusement as Ramiro walked off with Kumiko to buy shoes. One thing I learned with Raia, there is no such thing as quickly buying footwear. One hour of watching her try on shoes, only to have her decide that none of them were right. he thought. He watched as the ladies moved through the stores looking at things and then soliciting input from their companions. There is definitely a difference between males shopping and females. Ramiro and I both easily accomplished our shopping quickly. For females it seems that shopping is much more interactive.

Konoka smiled a very sweet, happy smile. She said, "Nothing could make me happier than to hear that you are happy. I want everyone to be happy, and I'm very glad you are." Then, impulsively, she hugged Hotaru, backed away, and said, smiling, "Stay happy, Hotaru-san."

"Thank you, I think you're right." said Konoka, turning the shoe over and over in her hand. "I like it, I think."

Konoka nodded. "M'ok." She looked at Hotaru, and said, "I'm just a worrywart sometimes. You might get chilled and catch cold, and that would make me sad. 'Kay, Hotaru-chan?" She smiled.

Ramiro continued walking with Kumiko, then heard her squee. He looked over at her as he smiled through an astonished look. "Of course, my lips are sealed. And you don't have to look so embarrassed, its alright that you squeed." Jeez, she sounded like a bird you just chucked a rock at. He looked towards the direction she was looking and saw a pair of black shoes. "I think you would look absolutely lovely in those."

The Taisa selected a thin gold chain that had a large pearl hanging it, then went back to the dress store and brought a pair of sheer black pantyhose to to complete her outfit. With that accomplished, she began to wander around to the various other stores to see what her crewmates were buying.

Using secure telepathy to communicate with the spread-out crew simultaneously, Hanako sent:

Before we go down to the beach, I should give you some information.

First, the layout. The beach will be open, and will have a bonfire. Next to the beach is a large dance floor patio made of stone and probably covered in carpet for the dance. Normal drinks are free and fine drinks and Lorath wine are available at reasonable prices. There is a bar and dining area on one side of the dance floor and the side that's further inland leads into a hotel that is built into the mountain.

The dance lasts until 3am. There may be some events, such as contests and such.

The planet has no laws against nudity or public sex, but I encourage use of the rooms if you decide to get physically romantic. A pile of room keys will be available at the dance floor exit that will get you into a prepaid hotel room if you want to sleep on the planet.

No weapons are allowed in the party area. Security will be provided by military police teams on the outskirts of the area. Absolutely no littering...the planet has strict environmental laws.

We will be among friends and other military crews. Have fun, stay safe, and do not make us look bad!

Sune listened to the Taisa's notice. What a curious set of admonishments. Public sex? That was a strange concept. He was aware of sex, but the idea of people having sex in public. That was new. I think I will avail myself of one of those hotel rooms. It should be quite nice to wake up on a planet with a view. After all once we leave we will be sleeping aboard ship enough. He thought.

Konoka received the Taisa's message. She giggled happily, realizing she would have a chance to do something she believed she liked: party. She noted a bonfire would be present, and thought about how thick a jacket they'd need. She wondered if any of the events would involve singing. She'd like that. She blushed a face full of red at the mention of public sex. She thought to herself, What in the stars so they expect us to be DOING?! She jumped at the sound of "other military crews" and "friends". Yay!!! She could make friends!!! Her heart glowed with happiness in that moment. She set a resolution for herself: At this occasion, she WOULD make at least one friend.

While waiting for the Taisa and others to come out of the shop so they could return to the Eucharis and drop off the unnecessary items, he composed a brief message.

To: Taisa Hanako

Ma'am,
While I was in the medbay to restore Pineapple, I noticed that the Eucharis does not have any of the new portable medical scanners, nor the charging station for them. Perhaps while the ship is being repaired, this equipment might be acquired.

Nitô Hei Jalen Sune
He then transmitted the message to the Eucharis for the Taisa to peruse at her leisure.

Hanako's reply was:
Please make it happen.

Upon getting Hanako's reply, Sune went to a nearby terminal and logged in he submitted the following request to the station maintenance operations.

To: Gemini Station Maintenance.
Subject: Requisition of Medical Equipment for YSS Eucharis

Request to have the following equipment delivered to the Eucharis for usage and installation.

1 - Medical Scanner Charging Station to be installed in Eucharis medbay
4 - Portable Medical Scanners type (PMS-1M)

This request has been approved by Taisa Ketsurui Hanako.

After submitting the request, Sune made a mental note to follow up on the requisition when they returned from the planet.

After some more time shopping and wandering around Gemini, it was time to the crew to party. Hanako gathered up the crew and as a group, the Eucharis party made their way back to the ship (to drop off uniforms and excess purchases) and then to a nearby shuttle bay where T7 shuttles were ferrying the Star Army soldiers down to a small spaceport situated atop the mountainside hotel. Since the Eucharis crew was sufficiently large, they got a shuttle to themselves.

The shuttle interior was familiar. The dull roar of blowing air vents and the deep hum of the shuttle's power systems were something all of those aboard had heard before, usually on missions, transfers, or on trips. It was the sound of transition...where a soldier would journey from one environment to another, or sometimes to the unknown. The new seat cushions were firm and smelled vaguely of "fresh polyurethane foam." At least there wasn't any luggage to stuff in with everyone.

Hanako almost sat in the cockpit, but decided at the last minute to sit in the general seating area, so she could interact with her crew. She buckled herself in, mentally bracing herself for a potentially bumpy ride. After all, the pilots in the Star Army tended to care more about speed than comfort.

On receiving the captain's additional information on the beach side party, Nika realised how much time had passed. "I'll had to get these items paid up first Junko-san, Imakiri-san. Maybe we can catch up later." With that the neko hurried paid for her purchases, while going through the message again, noting some of the rules and 'regulations' which made her eyebrow twitched. Still, she was sure none of the newly acquainted crewmates would want to 'get it on' right on the beach itself.

Finally, Hanako gathered the group to return back to the ship to offload their purchases as well as getting changed for the party. Nika changed into her newly purchased clothings and looked into the mirror; She looked presentable enough, at least for this beach side party. If its for a formal party, then she might need to fork out a little more finance to purchase something like what Hanako had picked. Satisfied, Nika headed to the meeting point where the captain led them towards a shuttle, which was reserved for them.

On the shuttle, the neko looked around, noting that their Taisa had seated herself in the general area instead of the cockpit. Taking the chance before others, she plopped down onto a seat beside Hanako and buckled up. Twiddling her fingers, she took quick envious glances at Taisa's dress, noting the large differences.

"Ano, Hanako-san..." Nika spoked and then her tongue was tied up, not sure why, "...You looked very elegant..."

After returning to the Eucharis, Sune went to his cabin, picking the items he was going to wear down and what items he intended to bring with him. He changed out his uniform and into the civilian clothing. He then put up his uniform, and put the rest of his stuff away. Grabbing his small overnight bag, he headed to the shuttle bay stepping into the T7 he paused to consider where he should sit. He decided on seat A5 as it would provide him the best position to observe his crew mates. Shuttle pilots have a propensity for trying to be fighter pilots. I do not wish to lose these. He thought as he removed his sunglasses and stowed them in his shirt pocket.

Ramiro noticed through a window that the Taisa was gathering the crew together. He quickly grabbed the shoes that Kumiko was staring at and took her by the hand, trying to usher her to the door. "Let's go, the Taisa is getting the crew back together." On his way out he quickly paid for the shoes and followed the crew, once they reached the rooms he handed Kumiko the shoes, said goodbye, and walked over to his room where he dropped of his leftover clothes. He eyed his pistol, and even though they were told not to he contemplated bringing it, he didn't like going anywhere without protection. Deciding he would just bring a small sheath knife instead he attached his ankle sheath and slid the knife in.

Once ready he left his room and followed the others to the shuttle that was to take them down to the planet. He quickly walked his way to the third row from the back,which happened to be row 10, and sat on the left side, which was in column A. He had always like that spot, on any transport, he didn't know why. He sat down on the seat and double checked that there was no one next to him as to give room for another person if she decided to join him.

Entering the jewellers behind a few of her crewmates, Hotaru looked around the displays with Konoka, seeing if there was anything that caught their eyes. While browsing at one of the display cabinets, Hotaru saw something that she just had to buy. After a brief enquiry to one of the sales assistants she bought the necklace. It was a fine, pure silver linked necklace and hanging from it was a blood red stone shaped like a star. The star had two points that were longer than the others, leading Hotaru to dub it a daggerstar.

After more shopping and browsing of Gemini, Hotaru decided to head back to the ship. She had just bought a light jacket when she received Hanako's message. Glad she had bought the jacket, continued back to Eucharis to drop off the purchases, get cleaned up and changed.

Putting on her 'beach ware', Hotaru packed a small overnight bag with some essentials and her change of outfit for the evening. Not forgetting to grab her Uno's she made her way to the departure bay nodding and waving to a few crewmates she recognised.

Boarding the T7 assigned to the Eucharis' personnel, she looked around and took a place across from the Taisa and Nika. She stowed her small hand luggage before making herself as comfortable as possible and fastened her safety belt. Never hurt to be cautious.

Junko moved a little uncomfortably in her civvies as she boarded the shuttle. The port side of the passenger compartment seemed a little too populous for her taste, so she settled in seat D7. She looked around briefly, seeing who had boarded already while running her hands over the unfamiliar material of her navy cardigan, white blouse, and light-blue jeans. It had been some time since she had been out of uniform, having opted out of the few social excursions she had been invited to since her enlistment. So when it was explained that uniforms would be unacceptable at the party, she petulantly had done the fastest, lamest shopping job she could manage once the group in the store had split up, snagging a few items off a rack and barely checking to see if they fit. Surprisingly, the end result had turned out to be acceptable, as she was compelled to admit if only to herself. She grinned uncharacteristically for a fraction of a second as she glanced around; the collection of different styles and forms of clothing represented aboard the shuttle was… eclectic, to say the least. Thought she had seen the outfit before, Junko was still surprised by the Taisa’s choice. The relatively skimpy dress did not mesh at all with her ideal of heroic senior officers.

In the time that had passed, Konoka had bought her things and followed Hotaru happily through the stores, smiling when she had bought a necklace, then, she had taken her own advice and bought a lightweight rose blazer with red bows on the pockets. It was thus pinkly dressed Konoka had packed a bag of essentials and skipped to the shuttle.

Near the entryway, she stopped and did a happy little twirl, then skipped on. It was after stowing her luggage did Konoka skip towards where Hotaru was sitting, trip, fall head-first, rise quickly, bow in the Taisa's direction, flush, and take a seat, buckling up quickly. This all happened in under two minutes. She then smiled brightly at all near, and excitedly hummed in pure happiness. She was a good hummer. This was a nice occasion, she would be doing something she believed she liked, she would make friends, she would have fun, it was very exciting. Coming back to reality, she said, nodding to each person, "Hello, Taisa, I hope you are happy and in good health." She flushed again, aware she had tripped AGAIN in front of someone, this time, she greatly respected. Then, "Ii genki desu, Nika-Hei?" And finally, "Hotaru-san! I'm so happy to see you! Take care not to catch cold...." She smiled, although in the back of her mind she noted she would have to check everyone for cold symptoms upon their return.

Once everyone was aboard, the shuttle's rear door was closed and the crew was on their way to Hanako's World--named after their captain by her adoptive mother, Taisho Yui. Hanako's world was an ocean planet, with a lot of water and mountainous island chains. The ride was fast and the shuttle only rattled a little on the way down.

When the shuttle arrived, the door opened to reveal the setting sun and the large dance floor at the edge of the beach below. Speakers boomed below as DJs did sound checks, while growing crowds of people began to gather as the top of the hour approached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back