• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Post Mission 5] A Time for Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing Konoka enter the wardroom, she smiled as she had a feeling she knew what the ever cheerful Neko was going to do next. Seeing her make a beeline for their table she congratulated herself.

Giggling a little she answered Konoka, "Good to see you too Ka-chan. Decided what you're going to wear for the party this evening? Depending on whether it's going to be predominately outside or inside, I have several outfits in mind."

Finishing off her sandwich and extras, Hotaru copied Nika and leaned back to sip her milk and let the 'Force of Konoka' continue, knowing her eternal optimism always works wonders on herself. She couldn't help but wonder how the others may take Konoka as they seemed fairly reserved so far, but it would be entertaining to watch.

Come now Imakiri, you can't expect to get talking to anyone like this. thought Imkairi, frowning down into his noodles, picking his meal up as he rose into a standing position, he looked around for someone, anyone he recognised. He almost smiled when he saw Nika, who appeared to be on her own. Looking over his shoulder, Imakiri strolled over non-chalantly.

Unable to think of anything to say to her, Imakiri opted for a simple "So... here we are then."

"Wow, Konoka-san is certainly hyper and very optimistic." Nike thought with a giggle as she watched the bubbly neko, "And I thought I'm the only optimistic one here."

Finishing her sandwich, she was contemplating whether to get another one when the Yamataian she had meet earlier came up to her.

"Hai!" Nika smiled as she turned to Imakiri, "For a moment there at the interview, the sign of pessimism almost got me, and probably you. Fortunately, Hanako Taisa was nice enough to let us in." She nodded, finishing her lemonade as well as wondering where he got his bowl of ramen. "We had not properly introduced one another," She held a free hand out, "Himeya Irenika, Santô Hei, Starship Operator. Calling me Nika is fine as well."

Kumiko snorted, then glance over at Hanako before responding to Ramiro's statement. "I doubt it actually. All of us in the military would rather not chance getting a reprimand; I know at least I wouldn't want to get one. And I'd bet that there will be enough people there like me to avoid it." She smiled slightly grimly. "During my interview, I got the impression that Hanako-Taisa might be the type of commanding officer to reprimand us for getting too rowdy, at least where it reflected on her in any way, so I won't chance it."

Calling attention to herself by tapping a spoon on her lemonade glass, Hanako asked "Would anyone like to come with me to buy something to wear for the party?" She didn't have a lot of civilian clothes and most of them were for the old...but tonight's New Year's party would be on the beach, where the temperature would be warm and the air potentially wet.

Jalen raised his hand, "Taisa, I would like to join you on this shopping excursion. I find myself lacking civilian attire suitable for a social event." Lacking is an understatement. I have no civilian clothing at all. he thought.

"If you wouldn't mind, ma'am? I have a bit of stuff, but nothing really suitable for this." Kumiko smiled slightly as she said this. "If you can only take a limited number of people, someone can go in my stead though."

Thinking about the Taisa's invitation Hotaru thought the clothes she bought were more suited to a restaurant setting rather than a beach.

Raising her hand she spoke up, "Since I don't really have much beachware I would be honoured to join you Taisa." A girl can never have too many outfits! thought Hotaru, almost doing an about turn from her previous stance of being shy and not wearing anything other than her uniforms.

She quickly tapped an enquiry into her pda about her available funds and found there would be more than enough.

"Sure, that sounds good," Hanako said. "We will leave in a few minutes, then, alright? Meet me at the port-side main docking port when you are ready." With that, the Taisa disappeared to briefly stop by her room.

Sune finished his meal, and stood up. "Valencia-hei, Endoh-hei, excuse me, but I must go now so that I may join the Taisa and purchase some civilian attire. I look forward to seeing you later."

Sune walked out of the wardroom. He stopped briefly to quickly change into uniform as he did not feel comfortable shopping in his exercise uniform. Once properly attired he made his way to the docking port to join with those going shopping.

As Sune indicated his departure, Hotaru finished her milk and with a "Nice meeting everyone. See you all at the party if not before!" she disappeared through the wardroom door with a backhand wave to the group.

Since she was already dressed in uniform, Hotaru did not need to return to her quarters and instead made her way to the portside main docking port to await the Taisa and whoever else would be coming.

Shaking Nika's hand, he smiled as he nodded to her. "I look forward to working with you, Himeya. Santô Hei Itakori Imakiri; I'll be a part of the ship's science team."
Make that the only member of the science team. Imakiri thought.

Looking at Hanako as she made her announcement, Imakiri looked at Nika.
"I think it'd be a good idea if I went to get something for the party... Will you stay here or will you come with us?" Imakiri asked as he made his way to follow the others. Should Nika choose to follow him Imakiri would wait for her to catch up, otherwise he would head off without her with an apologetic bow before disappearing from her view.

Nika cheerfully shook Imakiri's hand, "Same here! So Imakiri-san what will be..." Before she could finish, she heard Hanako 'broadcasting' her decision in gathering people down to the planet to buy some clothing for the upcoming party. Already a small group is forming, and Imakiri was expressing interest as well.

"Matte! I'm going too!" The neko jumped, trying to catch Hanako's attention, but to slightly no avail as she had left the room, "I'm already dressed up to go planetside. Maybe a little shopping will not hurt." Nika nodded to Imakiri as she followed the group, right behind him.

Kumiko headed down to meet up with the Taisa. Maybe she wasn't in her best clothes, but she was presentable, and it wasn't like this was anything official. She quickly checked to see what stores were in the near area, and then checked her funds to make sure she would have enough. This quick check showed her that she had more than enough.

Junko quirked an eyebrow as she came back up the stairs into the wardroom. It was now empty, unlike just a few minutes before, as she had finished her interview with the Taisa. There had been no General Quarters alarm, no announcement of orders relayed to her as she had stowed her bags in an empty enlisted berthing. She stood briefly, slightly pleased that everyone had left, leaving her a little personal time. But the Taisa clearly expected her to interact, so Junko sat down at a table and composed a brief message.

To: Taisa Hanako, CO 2nd Squadron

Ma’am,

It appears that everyone has left the wardroom while I was stowing my baggage. As such, I did not have the opportunity for orders. Are there any instructions or priorities you wish to impart? If not, I will attempt to assist in the repairs to the Eucharis.

Deepest Respect,
Takeda Junko

Konoka was disappointed that her hyper-welcome-chatter did not continue for very long. She would have been content to chatter likea gradeschooler for another fifteen minutes. However, seeing most of her potential friends leaving on a shopping excursion, Konoka decided to tag along, skipping quickly to catch up to the others. She was glad to have met these new people, and was already bursting with ideas of how to make better friends with them. And, as always, she had gained a few more people to worry about. However, Sune's saying that he had brought back Pineapple had suprised her, leaving her a little unsure of herself. She was happy for Pineapple, but also sad because this was HER JOB. It was a little unsettling. However, she decided to put it out of mind and enjoy the happy times. As she quickly skipped to catch up with everyone, she tripped and fell right into the nearest person. Rising, she began,"Oh fish, I'm so, so, very sorry..."

Nika was right behind the group, looking forward to the planetside shopping cum exploration trip. She did had a worry on her expenditure, as during her time as a data archiver, she had been given meals and shelter without being able to go out, or rather, she had always opt to stay in to study the archives.

It was then she heard the sound of skipping, following by a soft squeak of surprise. Turing around, Nika, too gasped in surprise as the little hyper neko she acquianted earlier tripped and was falling staight at her. It was fortunate she was of slightly bigger build and caught Konoka before it caused any domino effect.

"Daijiobu Konoka-san?" Nika asked as she helped Konoka up, the latter apologising profusely.

As Ramiro listened to what Kumiko said he considered this fact and decided that he would have to decide whether or not to get too rowdy when that time came. His head popped up a little as the Taisa taped her glass. He listened to her talk about shopping, figuring that he wouldn't go as he came with civilian clothing. However, after everyone else at the table got up he decided he'd tag along and maybe there would be something new he wished to purchase. As he decided this he got up from the table and followed the others.

Taisa Hanako sent Junko a brief text message. "Going shopping."

With her gaggle of enlisted crew members following, Hanako opened both airlock doors and floated into the flexible tunnel leading up towards the light starbase. From there, they navigated the corridors to a similar docking port leading them to an air-post-style terminal in one of Gemini Station's six giant concourses. Much like a large airport, various shops lined the sides. Concourse A, being restricted to the Star Army and Yamataian travelers, had stores line one would find in the capital on Kyoto: restaurants, bookstores, and of course, clothing stores with lots of privacy.

Hotaru didn't have long to wait when she saw the Taisa and her entourage of shoppers step up to the airlock. She followed the others up to Concourse A.

Having done a bit of shopping earlier, Hotaru decided to tag along with the group and see what they would buy. She would get something herself for the beach and in the process maybe giving her some ideas on something she had not even thought about wearing. After all it was a Beach Party.

Hotaru hadn't visited ALL the shops yet but there was still some time left and she had to admit some fun was to be had when the others started trying on clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back