• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Post Mission 5] A Time for Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sune had accompanied the Taisa and her entourage to the concourse. Before hitting the stores he went to a data terminal, he deftly entered a search on beaches, and typical activities. He had the compulsory training on swimming, but recreational activites at the beach was a new concept. He linked his Uno glasses to the terminal and started reading the data displayed. Swimming, snorkeling, spear fishing, surfing, body surfing. Who knew there were so many things to do an the beach. even though the list went much longer he selected the body surfing, That could be fun. He looked to see what was traditionally worn for this activity. Making a note of which shop would have what he needed, he logged out of the terminal.

First he went into one of the basic clothing stores. He purchased a several pairs of pants, some shirts and appropriate footwear. Then with his bags in hand, he went to the store that featured what he would need. He first went and checked out their selection of swim suits. The selection of styles and colors was frankly a bit overwhelming. So he chose a pair that was styled like the issued swim suit, but in a deep red color. He then sought out a sales person, he wanted to get a pair of 'shin-fins' the article he read called them to assist with body surfing, and then he looked for a top like what he saw in the pictures that would go with his newly acquired swimsuit. Once he gathered them he proceeded to pay for them.

Okay, now that I have some suitable attire, I just need to find my crewmates. he thought.

Imakiri, in truth, had never been very good at shopping. Having wandered into a menswear shop, he looked down at the shirts before him; one was a dark red shirt with a black design down the back, its long flowing lines arcing from its shoulders down to its back. The other shirt, however, was black with a dark red design which just so happened to be the same as the first shirt. Liking the colours and the design, Imakiri was finding it immensely difficult to decide.

"Hello sir!" chimed a shop assistant that had appeared seemingly out of nowhere, causing Imakiri to nearly jump out of his skin as she gave a cheerful bow. "Is there anything I may assist you with?" she asked, her same almost eerie smile remaining constant at all times without so much as a flicker.
"I-I was just trying to decide if I should buy-" stammered Imakiri.
"Oh! Is sir unsure of what it is he wishes to purchase? Why we have a team of specially trained stylists on hand at any time to assist our customers with their shopping experience!" interrupted the sales assistant, motioning the two women that had appeared behind Imakiri, causing him once more to jump in surprise. The two stylists also possessed the same fixed smiles, as if they possessed non-threatening and cheerful death masks.
"We're here to make sure you look fabulous! they said before Imakiri was whisked away by the trio, who immediately presented him with a flurry of outfits to inspect and try on. Bewildered, Imakiri had no choice but to comply.
"Oh, what about this? Very stylish don't you think?"
"Well... I suppo-"
"Oh! This colour is so you!
"It is?"
"Are you a summer or a winter?"
"I'm not sure I..."
"You want something to go with that shirt you were looking at?"
"I guess..."
"What about this floral design? Isn't it just to die for?"
"I-"

This continued for another ten minutes before Imakiri found himself standing outside the shop, bag of clothes in one hand and a few hundred KS missing from his account. Hair ruffled from the constant dressing, Imakiri looked over his shoulder at the shop he had just been ushered out of cheerfully, the same bewildered look still on his face.

Hanako wandered into a store selling fashionable, semi-formal young ladies' clothing, her eye caught by some of the shorter dresses up near the front. A longer dress just wouldn't do on the beach...and Hanako wasn't the type to shy from short skirts. The first dress she was inspecting was a short black dress on a mannequin. The top was two triangles that covered the breasts and wrapped around the back of the neck, leaving the shoulders bare. Immediately under the bustline, a thick waist section went all the way around and down to the hips, were a thick, short, ruffled skirt section poofed out to obscure the 'goods' while leaving much of the thigh bare. Black was a color that Hanako found suited her.

She looked around for opinions.

Sune looked across the store, above the racks of clothes he spotted the Taisa's distinctive hair and headed that way. I expect she must be rather bored standing around waiting for the crew to purchase clothes. He came around a rack of clothers, "Ma'am I have completed my...." Sune was transfixed by the site of the commander in a striking black dress. It was unlike anything he had seen a female in before, at least in person. While Sune was not a bashful person, there seemed to him to be more of the Taisa uncovered than covered. "Excuse me ma'am, that is quite an interesting dress, perhaps I should wait somewhere else."

Kumiko had followed the Taisa into the store, and was rather surprised to hear Sune's voice coming from another spot nearer to the front, but in amongst the women's clothing. Wearing a slightly longer dress, a deep sapphire blue with spaghetti straps, she went in that direction, unsure of what she would find. She entered the area that Hanako and Sune were in, and smiled slightly to see Sune transfixed as he was. She would present a rather interesting picture, as she had not yet looked for good new shoes, and thus was wandering around in the dress and her boots. Well now, Mr. Bashful hmm? That's interesting. She then looked at Hanako. "I would say it's more of a beautiful dress, Taisa, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion right? You do look very good in black."

Sune was surprised by another voice, and turned towards the source. "I stand corrected Endoh-Hei." he said with a curt nod. "I am not an expert of female fashion, and was merely commenting on the visual effect the design had upon the Taisa's body." Not to mention mine. he thought noticing his elevated pulse. He then took a moment to look at the other Valkyrja, her dress was also striking but incongruous with her footwear. "Your dress is beautiful as well, although I believe that Star Army boots are not complimentary to it. But I could be wrong." he said with a soft chuckle at the end.

The dream began as it always did. Taka was sitting in the room he and his brother used to play in as children. The room was a bright blue colour, Taka was sitting in a chair looking into the eyes of his brother.

'Why have you got to be like this? Why can't we be a normal family?'

'It's just not that simple Luke.' replied Taka.

'Why!?! All you had to do was listen to dad and we would be fine.' shouted Luke.

'Listen! Always fucking listen! Don't you ever think for your self.'

'I..'

'Thats your problem, you always do what your told. When ever this fails you cling to me. Well I'm not doing this any more. You can look after yourself!'

'Well I'm going to have to after today.'

'What do you mean?'

'I've enlisted into the army today. Thats what I was going to tell everyone, before you did this.'

'The army...Well fine, go on then, I hope I never see you again.' His brother got out of his chair and moved to the door. Taka's hand moved to his pocket and pulled out a Nekovalkyrja pistol. Taka hated this part, no matter what he did the pistol still fired two shots into this brothers back. A spray of crimson flying through the air. His brothers body turning as it fell, a look of horror and surprise on his face.

'Taka.........Taka......TAKA!'

Taka woke from his dream, covered in sweat. He could feel it clinging to his clothes.

'Taka, for the last time you can't sleep here. If you want to sleep you find a room.' said the voice that had woke him.Taka looked up, trying to put a face to the voice. In front of him was a huge meaty guy with flesh hanging off his bones. his name was Xou'k,owner of the Bar Pheonix. Taka looked around trying to figure out where he was. As luck would have it he was in the Bar Pheonix, lying face down on the table in front of the bar, thankfully not in a pool of vomit.

'Xou have you got a rest room or something, I've got an interview on some ship today.'

'Like I haven't herd that before. You haven't held a job in this town for years, let alone a star ship.'

'It's different this time, I've enlisted.'

'You mean your part of the army? Thats weird, I could have sworn its been weeks since you told me that.'

'I did. Just got my orders today...I mean yesterday, I think.'

'Fine, head into the back room and get your self cleaned up, I'll go get you some clean clothes.'

Taka headed into the back room, locking the door behind him. Xou'ks place had been known as a place for bar fights for a while and he thought it would be a good idea if the fighters could patch themselves up in the back room, instead of involving the authorities. Taka stripped down and got into the shower, his thoughts returned to the dream. Most of that dream had been real, he and his brother had argued, the rest was made up. His brother had gone on to sever in the Star Army and then go missing in a battle. Taka had no idea why his dream always ended with him shooting his brother, just that it had been a month since he had dreamt it.

He got out to find a fresh pile of clothes on the floor along with his stuff from his home with a note on top. Curious he grabbed the note and read it.

I regret to inform you that you have not made the necessary payments to keep your abode open..... It went on like that for a while. With a little hand written note on the bottom, probably from Xou'k. 'Sorry to hear about your place, passed it on the way back, picked up your stuff.' The stuff included a vase he made when he was young, two duffel bags of clothes, a data card and a data lead. Taka was heading to the back door to open it when he herd some shouting from behind it. Raised voices from behind it seemed to indicate something was amiss. Taka opened the door to the sight of Xou'k on the floor with a man leaning over him, with a broken piece of glass in his hand.

'Hey!' The man turned around around a sneer on his face.

'You better stay out of this if you know whats good for you.' He moved forward with the broken glass in his hand extended forward. Just within reaching distance. Wrong move. Taka lunged forward, grabbing the mans wrist, twisting it back. The man let out a yelp of pain and surprise, dropping the shard. Taka pushed him back.

'I suggest you leave.'

'I'll kill you for that.' He said, running outside.

'You alright Xou?'

'Yeah I'm fine, just annoyed that guy manged to get the drop on me.'

'You know him?'

'Never seen him in my life.'

'Well I've got to make a move. Have to find this ship.'

'Thanks, by the way.'

'Don't mention it.' Said Taka walking through the door way. Time for a new start.

"I shall try it on, then," Hanako told Sune, noticing how big his eyes got when they were on her. She wandered by the shoe section and grabbed a pretty pair of strappy black heels and a pair of sheer black stockings. Finally, she stopped by the lingerie section and selected a garment she rarely wore...a black thong. With her ensemble complete, Hanako disappeared into the dressing rooms and emerged in her new outfit, holding her uniform under one arm.

"This will do," the captain smiled. "All it needs is a necklace."

Ramiro looked around the concourse carefully. Spotting a more male youth based store he headed towards it. Once inside he wandered around before he found what he thought would suit him. Looking down at what he had on he figured that he was due for new clothes so he grabbed the shirt he was looking for and found a good jacket nearby. He found a few accessories and a good pair of pants and the headed into the changing room. Ramiro emerged moments later wearing a tight white muscle shirt and a black leather jacket. He wore semi-tight, ripped bluejeans, a pair of ordinary black sunglasses, a cheap Rolex knockoff, and a pair of black shoes. Ramiro asked one of the clerks if he was allowed to purchase the clothing and wear it out and after confirming that he was allowed to he checked out, making sure to grab a bottle of cologne on his way.

Ramiro emerged from the store and looking around he tried to figure out where the crew could be. He then noticed something strange, from across the way he could see what looked a like a man in the woman's clothing store through the window. Walking closer for a better inspection he realized this man was Sune. He chuckled to himself and walked into the store in his new clothing attire, a bag of his old clothing in one of his hands. Once inside the store he jumped a little to see where the others were. After spotting the others Ramiro walked over to where they were standing. He stopped just around the corner from them, stepped back about ten paces and put on some of his cologne before he continued forward around the corner. As he approached the group he gave the most astonished look he could muster up without looking to cheesy. "Kumiko, you look absolutely beautiful."

Junko looked about for a moment as she stepped out of the docking tube connecting the Ikoi light starbase to the Gemini starfortress. Having received the Taisa’s delightfully efficient text message, she had stayed in the wardroom, perusing the specifications of the Eucharis’s modifications, distinct from the rest of her class. Looking through those schematics, Junko realized she had not gotten the latest copies of the technical magazines she collected, and so set out back into the starfortress. Of course, she had passed through the area briefly before, but she had been guided by the computer on her single-mind path to the Eucharis. Now, though, she had to consider where a store selling magazines might be. Concourse A seemed as likely a place as any and there she began her search.

But just as she spotted a promising establishment, a group in the window a clothing store distracted her. Discretely observing, Junko realized that the well-dressed band was in fact composed of the Taisa, Jalen, Valencia, and another enlisted crewmember she had seen but never met. Whatever do they need those clothes for?, she thought to herself. Junko only had her standard uniforms and few engineering jumpsuits; bringing civilian clothing aboard a warship had never crossed her mind. She began to turn away, but with a faint grimace remembered what the Taisa would expect of a member of a “social” ship. Determined, she moved briskly into the store and joined the group. “My, those clothes are certainly quite nice,” she said, a little lamely, but she could find no other way to address the group as a whole, what with the juxtaposition of the Taisa’s… intriguing dress, the more elegant one worn by the unknown girl, and Valencia’s ultra-casual muscle shirt and leather jacket. “Might I ask why everyone is clothes shopping?”

Sune watched the Taisa step out of the changing room. As I thought, that dress is definitely something else, or is it the Taisa? Not sure if the dress makes the woman or the woman makes the dress... Realizing he was getting lost in his thoughts. "I definitely stand corrected ma'am, interesting was definitely not adequate. On you that dress looks incredible on you." He said with a smile. "Would you like me to hold your uniform while you search for a necklace?" He said offering his free arm.

He noticed Valencia's approach, along with an unfamiliar aromatic scent. He watched Ramiro approach Kumiko. He turned his head enough to locate the source, seeing Junko, he replied, "Takeda-Hei, surely you were told there is to be a party down on the planet. We are shopping for clothing more appropriate for a festive event."

Constantly on the lookout for another retail assistant ambush, Imakiri gently made his way to the small group of Eucharis crewmembers that had congregated in one of the shops. Looking down at his new clothes in his bag, Imakiri realised it was in fact his uniform in the bag, and that it was his new outfit he was wearing. Largely red, a red shirt and trousers with black shoes and a with a maroon jacket; pleasantly surprised, it seemed that the terrifying assistants had in fact done a good job in dressing him up.

Some of the others had also managed to buy themselves some more clothes (although Imakirihad no doubt that their own shopping trips were much more leisurely and less distressing). Looking at Hanako, Imakiri wondered if it was an offence or simply bad taste to ogle a superior officer, especially when they had known each other for what could not have been longer than an hour. Looking away, Imakiri saw a crewmember explaining to another the purpose of the shopping expedition. Shuffling over, Imakiri added
"It appears the Eucharis plans to celebrate the New Year before we disembark, are you coming yourself?"

Hotaru briefly broke off from the group to head back to a store she saw previously. It was similar to an extreme sports store with various outfits and sport equipment in the window.

Entering the narrow but deep store, Hotaru started looking through the t-shirts, one immediately jumped out at her. It was an off white v-neck, tailored for a female, with a picture on the back showing an animated fish lying on a raft near a desert island with a quote saying 'Stranded - Just another day in Paradise' while drinking some kind of cocktail. Thinking it was a little random, Hotaru picked one out in her size and then went looking at the skirts to compliment the t-shirt. Holding several against her, she settled on a short, dark brown linen skirt. It was a simple but comfortable outfit and if there was any games down on the beach she wouldn't get her 'nicer' clothing dirty. After picking out a dark blue two piece bathing suit and already having purchased a pair of sandals, she paid for her goods and left the shop.

Looking around she didn't see any of her crewmates in the immediate vicinity. Hotaru decided to look around the female stores knowing that some of the group would be perusing the stores. After a few minutes walking down the concourse, she noticed one of the male crewmembers entering a womanswear shop. Doubting he would be buying anything from there, Hotaru crossed over and headed into the shop.

Not being tall enough to see over the racks, she proceeded towards where the sign indicated changing rooms hoping some would be there.

Hotaru arrived just as the Taisa was exiting the changing area. Looking at her outfit, Hotaru was glad she had bought something along the same lines earlier on. Hotaru had already decided she would go down in her beachware and would change into more formal attire later.

Seeing the small group around the Taisa, Hotaru just did a 'thumbs up' towards Hanako indicating she liked what she was wearing. Looking about she didn't see Konoka and began wondering where she had got to.

Konoka was holding a frilly. modest pink skirt on a hanger and trying to decide between a flowered pink blouse and a pink tee saying 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'. She liked pink. Even her hair was pink. Seeing Hotaru nearby,in an adjoining store, selling less pink, she tapped her shoulder, saying "What do you think?" She smiled, flashing pearly incisors. She'd been dashing all around the store, looking for pink and frilly things, and bows and the like. Once again, she'd been skipping. She sighed. "Maybe I should lay off the skipping....Are you finding much, Hotaru-san?"

Feeling someone tapping her shoulder Hotaru almost jumped several feet in the air but instead managed to turn around and seeing Konoka began smiling, "So that's where you got to ne?".

"I think pink seems to suit you," Hotaru replied still smiling eyeing her other garments. "Personally I would go for the tee mainly because I like the quote. The skirt and tee would go well, you just need to find the right footwear. Comfy but coordinated or complimentary is what I try to go for when not looking for a formal appearance."

Biting her lip for a moment while she thought of an answer to Konaka's second question, "I went out on a brief trip earlier and got a few things; nice pleated tartan skirt, a couple of nice tops, some lingerie and footwear. I've just bought a linen skirt and tee this trip which I will be wearing on the trip planetside while I have my nicer outfit packed with me for later on. You never know how messy the beach may get!" replied Hotaru with a quick grin.

"Have you seen the Taisa yet? The black dress she has on looks perfect on her," Hotaru said as she gestured in the direction of the changing area.

A flicker of annoyance flashed through Junko’s head. First, she had not been informed about the party and second, now being informed, she felt obliged to attend, especially as the Taisa was now standing right in front of her. Hating herself as she threw up a fake little smile, she gushed, “Oh my, that sounds like fun. I do believe I will come.” She nodded to the newcomer; she had seen him in the wardroom but had not been introduced. “I am Takeda Junko, Santo Hei,” she said extending her hand. “Are uniforms unacceptable at such a gathering?” she asked, to the group in general.

"I think you're right: pink does suit me. It's so..girly, and young, and HAPPY...." She mused on that for a bright half-minute. "Yes, I agree, that's a very good choice. The tee then. The quote is nice...I mean, fun! It speaks of fun. I like fun. If you have fun, you're happy. And I love being happy....it's a choice. So, yes, I agree." She cocked her head, smiling, but less pronounced. She was thinking about how she hadn't been as happy recently, but had always made the choice, to, through all of the events since joining the Eucharis, be totally cheerful and optimistic. "Are you happy, Hotaru-chan?" It was an honest question. She wanted to live a happy life for the simple reason that it might make others happy. She wondered if she made Hotaru any happier.

At that moment, on a low shoe rack, she spotted pink denim ballets flats with bows on the toe, and each with a tiny beaded, pink flower. "Oo, those are perfect!" She held them up. "Do you like them?" She really did want Hotaru's approval. Konoka's constant want to be helpful extended, somewhat, to seeking to be liked, and for her friends to like things about her and around her, so she wanted Hotaru to like them.

She heard Hotaru's list of purchases. "Those seem like nice, useful things. " She started worrying again. "The beach can get cold later in the evening, so you may want to buy a jacket." she cautioned. She figured she might sound like an old mother, but she didn't want Hotaru to catch a chill.

She looked over at the Taisa, who did indeed look nice. She smiled happily in her direction. Turning back to Hotaru, she said, "Want some help with your shopping, Hota-chan?"

"Would you like me to hold your uniform while you search for a necklace?"
"Alright," Hanako agreed. After purchasing the clothes, she put her uniform in the cloth bag the cashier had provided, except for her belt, which she put back on. The thick red belt with its golden blaster and clipped-on communicator looked awkward on the black dress, but Hanako's paranoia won over her fashion sense for the time being. Perhaps she could hide a tiny Type 29 NSP under her skirt before heading to the party. That would work much better.

"I would not suggest uniforms," the Taisa remarked, hearing Junko's query. "Someone might think you were on duty or, worse, drinking on duty."

A jewelry store was not difficult to find, but choosing the right necklace was. Hanako poured over the glass counters, looking for something just right, pleasantly surprised to find each piece had its origins printed on a small card beside it. There was gold from Yamatai and other planets of the empire, coral from Albini, gems from Natalia, and even some rare, very expensive stones from the now-destroyed Taiie system.

Nika followed the group as Hanako led them along through the series of tunnels and corridors, which finally linked them to Concourse A, where many shops and restaurants lined along the lane.

Her instincts took her to the bookstores first. Though they were small, the large amounts of data as well as vintage paperbacks provided were hard to miss out for this knowledge thirsty neko. Regardless, the shop owners had to 'politely' ask her to leave as she was 'aggressively plowing' through their databases for informations, eventhough they were just reviews and short snippets from the sources.

Sighing out, Nika decided to head to where the rest of the group had gathered. That's when Hanako had reappeared from the dressing room in an eye catching black dress. She also overheard that the party was situated at a beach.

Looking down at her dressing, the neko shook her head, "This won't do... by the time the party ends, I'll be sweaty from the humidity..." She worked through her database while browsing the beachwear section, finally picking out a two-piece emerald blue swimsuit, "This should be fine... now maybe something to keep the modesty about..." Nika quickly found a white buttoned shirt which ended just above her waist, a pair of buttoned brown shorts, and a pair of green sandals, "These will do."

It is then she noticed Imakiri had aquainted himself with Junko. She headed to the duo, at the same time scanning his dressings, "Looking good Imakiri-san!" Nika grinned, her selected clothings in her arms, "Shall we help you in picking out some clothings for the party, Junko-san?"

Sune was glad to take the bag carrying the Taisa's uniform. It helped to change the subject away from the confusion subject of female clothing and the aesthetic qualities thereof. he thought. As the group went in search of the jewelry store, he drifted toward the rear of the group. He chose a place to stand outside the jewelry store but where he could keep track of his crewmates. He leaned against a column and relaxed. I am not sure if it was easier to spot them in uniform or now that they are in such a myriad assortment of clothes. He wondered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back