Star ArmyⓇ

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

RP Precinct 13, First dispatch: The Assault on Precinct 13.

SirSkully

FM of S6
Game Master
Takeshi moved as she was directed to do so and soon found herself in the busy armoury and busy it was indeed, given the current situation all hands were on deck as they should be and although the young officer was in a slight daze from the suddenness of it all she did what any DTR officer was trained to do and buckled down to work through the problem. Had she been a little more in her element and perched in a good nest then the Marksman would have simply chosen one of the tightly woven vests but the situation called for something tougher so she followed suit, strapping on a plate carrier and then slotting in the appropriate slabs of protective durandium and moving to prepare a ZA .357 smg from one out of a crate for herself with all the appropriate dressings.

As the submachine gun was made safe and left to hang by her side Takeshi kept her longrifle close by - a good Kuz, even if only half-blooded like herself, only left their gun when it was pried from their cold, dead hands. She'd just have to deal with the extra weight but it seemed the midori-hued, canine member of their team had gotten herself into a pickle so Takeshi took it upon herself to help, moving past other officers and over to Lilly's side with a friendly look towards the Gunhund before lowering herself into a squat.

"Well you're certainly a keen one, lets see about getting you sorted out, hm?" Officer Yeon spoke in the dying Kuz tongue of her gunsmith Mother as she stuck one hand out for Lilly to sniff, trying to get the Gunhund used to her scent before beginning to help put the armour on correctly - occasionally running a hand through the canines fur as if to promise she was almost done with all the buckles and straps that'd secure the armour.
 

Whitehart

Well-Known Member
As they took a moment in the DTR armory Jackson properly bandaged the fairly inconsequential wound on his thigh. He chuckled and shook his head at Lilly's antics. He watched as Takeshi moved to help his partner giving the dog a slight nod to show that the Officer was okay.

He set about donning his own ballistics vest with plating, strapping himself in as he had done for so many years. He switched the CQBS for a Nova pistol at his waist and moved a riot shield to the armory door to take later. He walked over to Takeshi and placed his meaty hand on her shoulder, the feel of the synthetic cording evident to his touch, "Thanks for taking care of my girl here Officer. She is a bit of a lazy bones and hates to dress herself in the mornings." Lilly looked up at Jackson's voice, her mouth opening to pant and her tongue rolling out briefly.

"One suggestion though, upgrade that sidearm. They are dolled up in Golem armor and while I respect the ESG, we are going to need a little more punch than that." He smiled fatherly down at the young woman and give a slight pat before removing his hand and giving Lilly a quick rub on the head. He paced slowly to the door, reached out and hefted the shield over his shoulder with his arm folded up and moved out to the Tac-room.
 

SirSPT

Redshirt on the Wire
Game Master
Basement

With the flurry of movement into the station, Flannery found herself down in the armory with the rest of the DTR team. As much as she wanted to fully suit up, time was less on their side than usual.

Not wanting to suffer a sucking chest wound over some grazing shots, Flannery joined the others with slipping into some ballistic vests. The protection wasn't absolute but it was better than nothing. Her HHG provided some comfort but with the announcement of Golem wearing enemies, Flannery opted to wield CQBS-A2. The enemy was in their home; these shootouts were going to be close and the enemy was going to tanking shots so an automatic shotgun seemed like a key for survival.

After clipping on an ammo belt and stocking it with magazines, Flannery moved into the tac-room after Jackson. "So, what's the plan here?" She asked the sergeant.
 

jjans002

Convention Veteran
Easton ended up in the basement with the others. It wasnt fully stocked or fully unlocked, so he could not get a full kit, but, like the others, he slipped into some basic ballistic vests. He rummaged through some crates and picked up a Zen .357 pistol and popped it into his sidearm holster. That would be a back up weapon. He then picked up a Zen Armaments .357 SMG. He clipped on a utility built, fully stacked with magazines. He hadnt seen any flashbangs sitting around or grenades, and that was a little disappointing to Easton.

He moved into the tac room with the rest of the group and took a seat in the back. He was still a little reserved with his new team, even after everything that had happened today, and he was also mentally preparing for what they had to do. He waited to hear the plan, while going over all his mental checklists.
 

SirSkully

FM of S6
Game Master
"Oh uh, you're welcome but I should be thanking you, didn't know we were dealing with that," Takeshi reciprocated as she rose back up to a stand once more, offering Jackson an appreciative smile before looking down at her meager weaponry - it seemed for the most part that the shotgun half of a Nepleslian Police response had been covered but the other part seemed lacking, it had been drilled into her on day one that you can't always solve a problem my blasting it with pellets so Officer Yeon quickly dismissed herself to swap her .357 out for a HAS and a decent bit of compatible ammo to compliment it.

Her arms still had plenty of juice to lessen the gun's mule-like kick that came from the mass driver and then some, without further delay she quickly stepped into the tac room to join the others and stood quietly at the back, slowly bringing in a breath before letting it out in an even slower exhale to help the halfbreed keep her cool - there was no point in stressing out before hand, no, she could deal with that after the fact.
 

Charmaylarg Dufrain

Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
Game Master
Tac-Room

The tactical operations room, Or simply Tac-Room the team entered was a roughly 800 square foot dark-room. The walls where covered by various screens and terminals currently idle centered around a massive mounted holographic table that encompassed a solid quarter of the rooms space to about waist height that let out a soft flickering green glow as an idle rendition of the precinct at large and its surrounding courtyard was currently building in extreme 3D detail down to the smallest of flaws. No actual people where present on the display for one reason or another, But they where represented in the courtyard shootout by small pulsing blue or green orbs that where dancing around the courtyard and enchanging small arcs of light between each other as representations of fire.

The previously established group had expanded its circumference to include several civilian orbs marked in white and where trading fire with a couple remaining groups of red colored hostile orbs that had taken cover behind a series of patrol cars and large armored vehicles, Unable to escape or advance as the large circle of officers dominated the center courtyard.

Another group of officers had ventured out of the precinct again and taken up positions behind barriers and fortifications and where providing overwatch fire for the other officers as more and more officers streamed out of the precinct like a nest of angry hornets. This is turn was slowed but not halted by more appearing hostile from the axis of the courtyard as desperate gangers still hiding exposed themselves to try and break the relief effort...

This display vanished with a wave of the lieutenants hand and the adjustment on a touch display as he ceremoniously pinched and grabbed the intangible display and pulled it towards him, Drawing the view into the interior of the precinct lobby and the still large group of officers getting ready for a second wave. This is turn was also bypassed as the walls of the precinct disappeared and offered its guts in the form of a dozen more flashing green orbs in the next few levels up, Their targets obvious by how close they where to each other in three rows of two with a senth between them and two more at the front as four men carrier their charge and two cleared a path with a new addition between them. A green orb turned a corner into them on the seventh floor and winked out of existence as two arc of fire criss crossed it. There where still more in the way of wherever their destination seemed to be.

Andrej made a slight adjustment and the six targets indicators turned red with their new addition turning a soft yellow, Unknown...

The Kuz lieutenant was in any battle-rattle or webbing like the team and looked much the same as he did when they regrouped, The only thing he retrieved from his office being a worn ceramic coffee mug that resided on the lip of the holographic table, Anathema of the large No Food Or Drinks In Ops sign that was plastered on the far wall behind him. He made no reaction to the team entering other than to gesture towards the table with a nod and ask "So what is it we are knowing about our guests here and what it is they are wanting, Eh?" He took a casual knock back at the mug and frowned at its contents before looking back at the team approvingly.
 

SirSkully

FM of S6
Game Master
Takeshi looked back at the other assembled officers for a moment and quietly pondered before speaking up, the halfbreed took a few steps forward to put herself a little more in the spotlight before speaking - she never was too fond of crowds but the marksman gulped down hard and let out another deliberate breath to ensure her words would be clear before speaking.

"I... have heard they've gotten their hands on a few golem suits, sir, Officer Jackson was there and saw them first hand so I'm sure he could tell you more... sir," the half-Yam half-Kuz woman with her hand-made rifle always over her back and those expensive cybernetics wired into her central nervous system spoke and truth be told it was all she knew about the opposing force besides that they were rowdy, uninvited guests.

If nothing else was asked for her or somebody else stepped forwards then the young Officer would excuse herself back to the shadows behind the huddled crowd with a quiet sigh of relief, though if the opposite was asked then she'd of course comply.
 

jjans002

Convention Veteran
Easton did not have much to contribute as information to the attackers, but he had another thought.

"Well, as we saw, this place is not fully or well stocked yet. Wasnt this precinct built because another one was destroyed. Maybe thats their plan. Keep destroying the precincts until we stop building them?" He piped up, and then he nodded toward the map. "They are probably heading toward the main foundation area to bring it down. They were stealthy, so they didn't want anyone to know, they probably have explosives. Its what i would do." The explosives expert concluded his thought.
 

SirSPT

Redshirt on the Wire
Game Master
Flannery as well didn't have much new insight to offer on the mater.

"I wasn't able to get a good look on the our golem wearing friends, but attention was focused on the crown when the shooting started. Whoever we're dealing with though was preparing this for a while. They had plants in the crowd to keep us busy outside, but I don't think they were expecting anyone to catch on to them that early."

The older woman scratched her chin as she thought. "If Easton's correct though, then we're probably dealing with the same people who torch the station the first time. We're going to have to get moving quickly, especially if they know the layout of the new building and know the weak points for it."
 

Whitehart

Well-Known Member
Jackson had been sitting, watching, listening and thinking. He was not a rash man and tended to take his time when it came to these types of situation, when he was able of course. He spoke up following Flannery's assessment, "Sir, I don't feel this is about bringing down the precinct. From facing them in the lobby I can attest that they are moving more tactically then even the best trained gangers. They were pretty precise.

"It's just a hunch but I feel they are headed to obtain or information. Both our AI and databases are a fairly valuable resource to anyone who can hire this sort of crew. That's what my gut says anyway."

Jackson looked about the room to see his peers reactions as he lazily dropped his hand on to Lily's head and stroked the soft fur behind her ears.
 

Charmaylarg Dufrain

Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
Game Master
Tac-Room

"Yes yes! This all sounds like Ricky very much i am thinking." The kuz lieutenant casual name dropped someone in the assaulting group while tapping a data slate with some confusion, Distorting the image considerably before settling on a default simply following the group of seven as they made their way to another less centralized elevator. "The data banks and servers are all located in a secure safe-room towards the roof you see. Very important stuff in there, Very valuable you see?"

He didn't offer a complete explanation. Anyone worth their salt knew the value of the kinds of information locked inside the tech vaults of a precinct. Anything from black corridors of flight meant for the IPG where one could fly off world without the NPF, Peacekeepers, Militia, Or even NSN taking notice to secure information of safe houses and undercover officer identities where all stored within such tech vaults. For some organizations like the Blacks and other syndicates the information was priceless and could land one the kind of savings net to last them the kind of short life one usually gets by trading with such groups.

"This would also explain why Turi has not already fed us such hypotheticals as well!" he slammed a fist into his palm decisively as if the kuz had made up his mind. "She already has come to this conclusion and is likely delaying them from reaching her any way she can. Poor girl could have asked for help, But we will even if she does not."

With a swipe of his hand the holographic went dormant and faded back into the soft glow of the table as the kuz went towards the door, A barely audible click on the button of his nova pistols holster making it obvious his intentions. Stopping at the door the kuz turned once more to address the group, Appraising them warily through a pair of lightly bloodshot eyes.

"They have better kit than us, For now." He observed. "Golem armor is a tough nut to crack, I know this. But not impossible if you know the tricks." He offered a savage grin and flicked Takeshi's long rifle, Likely the heaviest armament in the room. The grin implied he had been face to face with heavy armor before and walked away, At least alive as evidence that he was still before them.

Heading into the hallway and back towards the main garage and the command vehicle, He clicked twice into his communicator, Testing the feedback to make sure all the DTR members could still hear them.

"The main elevator will take you to any floor, I doubt Turi will be stopping you. The data vault is on the 9th floor and they are on the sixth. Deploy to which ever floor be it above, Below, Or even right ontop of them if you think you can hold them until our little surprise is ready, Be havings the best of the good luck!"
 

Whitehart

Well-Known Member
Jackson watched the eccentric lieutenant leave and stood up himself, spurring Lilly to stand as well, her mouth agape as she panted patiently. He thought again of the situation and tried to think of how best to confront the armored criminals.

"Alright, I am open to hear your thoughts people, no bad ideas. Well, except to say we bug out, that is a bad idea. We can assume they will use the stairs or we can have Turi send them to use on a floor or two above them where we can stage an ambush," he spoke up in his deep baritone voice. He moved to the doorway, briefly touched his chest with his fingers and moved to pick up his riot shield.

It had become a habit, the finger touch, it was over the locket buried deep down under his uniform. Pictures of his kids, as sappy as that sounded, but in the end it brought him something.

"Personally, I would drag them to the 8th floor, it's not too suspicious to them at this point that they would come up short and it woudl allow us a few more minutes to set up. Officer O'Doyle takes the right flank, Officer Keller the left and Officer Yeon behind me and the shield. Allows for a good cross fire and I would assume similar weak points are evident as in most body armors, pits, groin, back of knee. Don't go for the neck though, it actually has added layers to that area similar to the bomb gear." It was all calmly delivered, this part of the job came from experience and Jackson had that in spades, he waited for opinions.
 

SirSkully

FM of S6
Game Master
Takeshi gave a small nod as her rifle was flicked, letting the HAS she had recently picked up hand by her side as the half-breed held her rifle and pulled a pin to allow the scope to pivot aside and the iron-sights to take center stage as they walked - it wasn't like she'd be sitting on some roof top across the street and even then she knew that would be a useless spot, the precinct wasn't exactly built like a greenhouse after all so getting a good line of sight was next to impossible.

As they walked she continued to fiddle with the rifle, stripping the magazine's contents and replacing the more standard junker rounds with her expensive polymer-tipped ones that had superior velocity, aerodynamics and penetration qualities before it was loaded into the semi-automatic rifle and the HAS was held in her cybernetic hands once more.

"That sounds like a good plan to me, hopefully... if things start going according to plan then your shield will keep pressure on them as I take my shots from further back," the young officer responded with a few nods, of course she was listening and intently at that - though she did have one more thing to add.

"Depending on how much time we have we~ might even be able to block off side rooms and create a choke point they'll have a hard time pushing through, but we want to make sure we are ready for them," the halfbreed suggested before taking a step back to make it known that was the end of what she had to say, brown eyes drifting down to offer the green-furred Lilly a small smile of hope.
 

SirSPT

Redshirt on the Wire
Game Master
Tac-Room

Flannery wasn't an expert in defense. She was more of a offensive shooter than a defensive, but the situation did not leave a lot of room to fussy.

"Eighth floor will be cutting it close. We'll have to barricade fast and delay them." The CQB specialist checked her ammo, feeling like she was back in the slums again; outgunned and out-armored, but on familiar turf. "Those golem armors will chew through our ammo before we chew their defenses. I'll try to keep them delayed."

She loaded a magazine into shotgun and started making her way towards the elevator."

"Yeon, don't miss."
 

jjans002

Convention Veteran
Tac-Room

Easton stood and stretched.

"The plan sounds good." He said, as he slung the smg around him, and opened the button on his holster for quick access to his pistol. "I do wish I had a couple of flashbangs, it would help. I didnt see any unlocked in the armory. Do we know if there might be any around?" He asked the group.

He also got his mind set into mission mode, all thoughts of anything else moved out, and he focused solely on the objective, stopping those who infiltrated the precinct.
 

Charmaylarg Dufrain

Submissions Reviewer
FM of Nepleslia
Game Master
8th floor

With some scrounging of the exterior most crates labeled with hazardous explosives and the like, Easton was able to easily salvage a couple 6-bang flash grenades. The small cylindrical grenade was a simple to use thrown device that when it went off detonated not once, but six times in succession for maximum effect. and several feet of detonation cord often use for blowing through walls and doorways or hazardous devices. The det-cord worked much the same as any explosive and was electrically connected through a wireless signal to a detonated on Eastons person.

And from the sounds of the floor below he might very well need them. Through even the thick and reinforced floors of the precinct muffled gunfire sounded on the floor just bellow and continued to an incredible degree. There was obvious resistance as those trapped on the floor and those that traveled up on their tails to combat them threw themselves at the invaders in a desperate defense as doors where remotely locked and eventually broken down, As evident when the gunfire eventually ceased with a final round and then... Silence...

No doubt with some more time the six of them and whatever seventh had been detected would breach into the seventh floors stair well and egress towards the either where the team held.

The eighth floor itself was strictly storage and administration. The floor itself was almost completely open with the exception of several side doors which lead off to offices and armored storage vaults meant to hold the kinds of supplies that might offset the supply of the entire precinct in times of great crisis. Ranging from rescue harnesses to packaged rations. Like the DTR's armory they where all packaged away in various boxes and crates, Some more durrable than others.

Crates like these, Overturned desks, Potted plants, Chairs and anything not nailed down had been constructed into a makeshift fort at the end closest to the elevator and the ascending staircase. A small group of officer, Mostly tasked with administration duties had guessed the intentions of their intruders and began preparing their last stand when it became apparent that they might have to hold the line. The only reason they had yet to barricade the stairway from the 7th floor was a steady stream of survivors fleeing from the floor below. The trickle had stopped abruptly however right before the firing stopped.

But with the arrival of the DTR and the elevator working again the wounded and least combat oriented of the survivors had crammed themselves into the elevator and where steadily evacuating until only six remained behind. Their resolve and drawn sidearms was all the intention the team would need to discern their intentions.

There was time, Just barely, For the DTR and the officers to prepare themselves. Somewhere bellow slow, Heavy footsteps gave way as the intruders finally broke through and began the slow, Likely tactical, Advance up the steps. And then, The door gave way at once as an armored boot burst through and onto the eighth floor, The darkened silhouettes of his comrades and their heavy quarry dragged along. now standing exposed on the seventh floor, In plain view of the defenders and they within view of him, The golem armored officer nodded confidently, And with his rifle still slack took a single step forward...
 

SirSkully

FM of S6
Game Master
8th Floor

Takeshi had set up a good position in a crack between two heavy crates in the makeshift fortress, crouched down low to reduce her profile and resting the barrel of her rifle over her synthetic arm that was then braced against one knee, she'd taken a moment to load up the few polymer-tipped rounds in one magazine with a handful of hand-cut copperhead rounds on the crate next to her - as far as the Marksman was concerned she was set up the best she could be given the circumstances, focusing on controlling her breathing and remaining quiet as enemies could be heard approaching, causing the halfbreed to hold the breath in her lungs.

She'd been aiming around knee-height already, so was rather prepared for when that booted foot busted down the door - time almost seemed to slow as she released the breath in a deliberately measured way, lining up the ironsights of the Halfhorn with the side of the first man's knee, depressing the trigger with an ear piercing crack that sent harder-than-steel polymer forward at supersonic speeds - escaping gasses pushed back on the mechanisms of her rifle and flung an empty casing out the ejection port before pulling and chambering the next round from the magazine, copper hollow points were the kind of round you were supposed to use for that kind of shot to wound rather than kill but Officer Yeon didn't have time to swap that out right now. They needed to make a strong first impression so Takeshi pivoted the rifle right slightly to acquire a new target, aiming for the unarmoured armpit of the next person that entered the room - flinging forwards more high-velocity polymer that sent recoil back into her cybernetic upper body as the breath fully left her lungs and a third round was pulled from the double-stacked magazine.

But instead of taking a rushed third shot she waited from that tiny slit in the barricade, looking for the next opportunity somebody exposed a weak point in their armour - absentmindedly muttering some old Kuz poem that funnily enough helped the young officer keep her nerve about her, the Halfhorn may have been scrapped together out of a few different weapons systems and held together by a lightning-struck tree but it had never wronged her so far.

And why should it? It was a Kuznyetski's gun that was gluttonously consuming rather expensive ammunition, something she'd have to counteract with repurposed range-scrap at the range tomorrow - can't have a gun growing fat and lazy after all.
 

Whitehart

Well-Known Member
8th Floor

Jackson surveyed the floor as he stepped off the elevator, taking in the remaining Officers and giving them a confident well done nod. Seeing as the elevator was operating thanks to them and the Jane he motioned over some of the Officers and started ushering the wounded and non-combatants onto the elevator. He and Lilly made sure to evacuate everyone who wanted to go, making sure to let speak calmly and encourage them with uplifting words. A "good job" here and a pat on the back, even a "we got this, go reinforce downstairs" to the particularly walking wounded so they did not feel useless or left out.

As the floor cleared he watched how the team spread out and prepared, he followed his original game plan moving to the center of the room and directly in the path of the stairwell doorway. He split the remaining six brave Officers, two to each sides and two with him in the center. He handed the spare magazines to one of the Officers, "Listen, you have done a great job prepping this place but the suspects entering through that door are strapped up, stay low and when you see me drop my magazine hand one right to me ok? Have my back alright?"

As for Lilly, she knew this scene was not usual for her. she was a skilled search and execute canine but a gun line really confused her. Jackson motioned her over and had her lay down behind cover, she would be their bull if there was a break in the firing due to reloading.
 

jjans002

Convention Veteran
8th Floor

Easton came off the elevator on the 8th floor and went straight to one of the barricaded areas. He didnt spare any words for the other officers here, he was in mission mode. He had a job to do and that was all he was focused on. He found himself a small area to work with, close to the rest of the team. He sat his flashbangs on the floor near him so he could reach them easier and pulled out his pistol and aimed down the hall to wait.

It wasnt long before the targets came into view, and thats all Easton saw them as, not beings, targets to be neutralized. He heard two cracks of rifle as one of his squad mates reacted. in the same moment, he popped the pin on the flashbang and tossed it overhand, watching it ark towards the group.

"FLASH OUT!" He barked, as he looked down and to the site not wanting to ruin his own sight. Hopefully the combination of being shot at and the disorientation of the flash bang would be enough to give them a advantage.
 

SirSPT

Redshirt on the Wire
Game Master
8th Floor

As the rest of the crew stepped over, O'Doyle waved a few of the retreating officers in and helped load one of the more seriously wounded before sending the elevator back to Operations. With the less combat capable out of the way, less of a chance of more friendlies wounded. But also fewer guns pointed at the bad guys. And it felt like every gun was needed for this.

O'Doyla crouched down at her position on the right of the office battlements, laying down a couple of mags filled with slugs while keeping the buckshot mags on herself. She wanted to get up close and personal with the hostiles but a lot of lead would be flying and a suicide charge wasn't ideal. Spraying and praying would just make the situation worse; the dust from the rounds hitting the environment would obscure their view but the golems would see right through it.

There was another option though.

The assualtwoman waited for Easton's flashbang to go off before popping up from her cover. firing off slugs into limbs and extremities she could see; arms, legs, feet, hands, whatever. Even if didn't penetrate, it would sting a lot.
 
Top