• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Resurgence Resurgence of Yamatai - Mission 4: The Hand That Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armory

Sanda scowled as she watched the tall man leave the Armory. "Idiota." She muttered, not caring who heard. That stopped her. What was wrong with her? Not that long ago she would have laughed at the remark and joked herself how she'd give Frank a 20 kill handicap to make it fair. Why was she so uptight? She knew exactly what the problem was. Or rather who the problem was. That 'thing'. That miserable excuse for a soldier had pushed her over the edge. His not taking anything seriously, his low level of discipline and his disrespect of his teammates and his superiors had infuriated her. Why had he not been disciplined long before now? It made her question the entire Star Army's level of professionalism.

Sanda hated this feeling. She was a professional soldier with a high level of discipline. At least that 'thing' wouldn't be participating on this mission. She closed her eyes and took several deep breaths, forcing that 'thing' from her mind. After several minutes she was able to open her eyes and focus on the mission before her.

Sanda turned to Del and smiled. "This is my first boarding mission too." She admitted. "I've been running simulations on it the last few days and have read some material by a Chusa Canterbury and a Joto-Heisho Meiosei. They've done quite a bit of boarding enemy ships over the past war. I've been reading their reports. One of the things to remember is that shipboard combat is very fast paste and close quarters. You want to be aware of how much room it takes to get your weapons on target."

Delmira turned and looked at Frank and just shook her head. "In the middle of a mission I will have more things to worry about than trying to rack up kills." She then looked at Sanda "It seems we both have the right idea more or less in regards to the Aether beam saber-rifle." Something caught the Neko's eye behind the ranger however and she walked over to the weapon. "Wait what's this." She said and examined the Ke-W5-1A Light armor tactical rifle.

Inside the cockpit of KE-V9

After taking preliminary scans of the area and confirming there were definetly eyes upon them now Zanven put out a transmission to the bridge. "Bridge, Brax here...with eyes upon us and the ship heading on course, and with the underside of the Resurgence without the locks needed to dock the KE-V9 currently what are my current orders?" He waited on orders currently as he did not know what else to do without a target in sight to engage.

BRIDGE

"Brax, go investigate some of the ships in the area," Aoba replied to the pilot. He closed the channel and then turned to Koyama. "You have the bridge, I'm going to go talk to Thad."

Koyama craned her neck to look toward Aoba and offered a curt nod. "Aye, sir."

POWER ARMOR BAY

Sanda turned around to see what Delmira was interested in. "Ohh... Nice." Sanda said as she picked one up herself to examine. "Ke-W5-1A Light armor tactical rifle." She checked that it was unloaded before swinging it up to her shoulder and sighting down the barrel. "Sniper Rifle and SMG rolled into one. This will definitely have stopping power. Or covering fire." She held the rifle in a loose grip, feeling the weight and balance. "A little long for close quarter work, but if you keep that fact in mind could be a good weapon to have." The Ranger put the rifle she was holding back on the rack and nodded to Delmira. "If you feel like you can handle it take it."

Yayoi was silent as she donned the Mindy. She recalled how her sister Kiyo would gush over the armor, but like some of the girls here, and the others. A Ranger used the Daisy, at least that was what her training Sergeant had told her. She hoped to see if the Mindy would be up to par for the mission, though if not she’d be coming out of a hemo- tank. “Sweet Weapon,” she commented to Sanda as she turned towards the two.

Delmira listened intently to Sanda as the Ranger spoke. She nodded her head and grabbed the rifle from Sanda. "No sense in not giving it a try." Delmira said and attached the weapon to her armor. She would turn around and ask the armorer for ammunition and put her other rifle back.

A small volumetric representation of the first officer wavered into existence beside the Ranger. Its little arms crossed with a questioning eyebrow raised. "I see you have all kitted yourselves out." came the terse observation.

"We still dont know what to take." Delmira said patting her gatling gun that was sitting in its rack still. "Any suggestions Chui?"

Yayoi turned her head as Koyama appeared and Delmira asked her a question.

The volumetric Chui shook her head, "For now, no, sadly. Whomever is in command of your group should make such suggestions. But at present I am unaware of just what we may encounter."

CREW CABINS

Thad was just doing his thing while talking with Mia. At least things had not gone so out of control they could sit and talk like adults. Best of all, he at least had things he could work on while locked in his room.

The door to Thad's cabin opened to reveal Captain Aoba, with Poppy a little behind him, who hand her hand resting on her service pistol.

Thad smiled as he stood up. Was nice to have some guests stop by for a visit. He give the captain a salute.

"We've got work to do so I'll be brief. You disappointed me today with your behavior," Aoba told Thad. "Not only did you give me a bunch of babble backtalk when the ship's safety was in question, but you disregarded my orders and lied to me. You told me you didn't have a grenade, and then it rolled out of your jacket and went off in the shuttle bay. More than anything, the worst part of this is I now know I can't trust what you say."

"No excuse sir, open to take full responsibility should you permit it"

"From now one I want all weapons and grenades in the armory where they belong," Aoba told him. "I also am demoting you to Santo Hei. I hope you realize you're lucky to be kept as part of this crew after this incident and all the drama you caused among the crew, which I will not go into. Now, if you can get your head on straight, we have a mission to do, so get to it. Report to the armor bay."

"Thank you sir, I hope it will not happen again. I shall when released ensure all weapons are locked away in the armory."

"Do better than hope," Aoba told him, giving him a last look with those cold, calculating eyes before turning and heading back to the bridge.

Poppy gave Thad a look. "Lucky bastard," she hissed under her breath.

BRIDGE

As the captain returned to his station, Kalena told him, "We have Kuvexian Navy ships."

Aoba raised his eyebrows. "Very bold," he said, sounding a little impressed. "Twelve light-years from Yamatai. And those ones are bearing on our cargo convey?"

"Yes sir," Kalena nodded.

Koyama, "Drive signatures confirmed," added on to Kalena's assessment. "Running their profiles now."

POWER ARMOR BAY

Thad made his way to the armor bay once he had gathered a few things. The talk with the captain had gone more or less as he had expected it. Since he figured he was doing this to teach a lesson he would not just kick him off the ship. Though to lose the rank he just gained was a little bit of a bummer but overall could have been worse. He has cold eyes but compared to the black knight was but a puppy.

Cassie looked around and made sure everyone was ready. She was just about to order the team to launch when she spotted Thad entering. "You're coming?" she asked him.

At the sight of Thad's appearance, Yayoi couldn't help mutter "oh shit" She knew just how certain people would react.

Delmira turned to face Thad the neko's tail swayed behind her angrily.

"What the Sacred Feth are you doing here!?!" Sanda swore bitterly at the sight of Thad.

Frank would by this point ha figured out who the crew had problems with and sized up the shorter man they call thad. "So I take it you're the person these soldiers hate so much? Do try not to keep that up I wouldn't want you and I to have a blue-on-blue accident."

Yayoi was surprised by how two of the group were holding back. "Focus, on what your doing ladies." She said with a bitter tone of voice.

Thad paused as he looked around at the different crew. "I know tension has formed between us but the captain is allowing me to take full responsibility for my actions."

"NO! No no no no no! This is unacceptable! I refuse to have you on this mission. You cannot be trusted to have mine, or anyone else's back!" Sanda felt the bile rising in her mouth. She couldn't believe that the captain had released him, much less allowed him to come on this mission.

"I wouldn't speak about tension if i where you Thaddeus." Demira said with a bit of anger in her voice. "You better act a lot more professional on this mission." The neko was tense her fists clenching and unclenching and looked ready to pounce.

"Del, if you have a beef to pick, I have no issue to settle things. We do not need bad blood prior to a fight with the enemy."

Yayoi sighed as she placed her head in her hands. "Enough!" She roared in annoyance. "If the Captain says he is to be here, then thats all there is to it. Report any grievances to the appropriate individual later. Please."

Sanda said something in her heart language and spat towards Thad. She grabbed her helmet and weapons and stormed out of the Power armor bay.

Koyama's volumetric doppelganger cleared its throat giving the group a scathing look. "Enough! Save this for after the mission is complete. Not before." eyeing them each in turn.

"You have a job to perform, you will do so regardless of personal views on whom will be joining you." its fists went on narrow hips then.

"Am I understood?"

Thad put his arms down and relaxed his stance. He was hoping to get the bar fight over with now but seems that would have to wait. Instead he felt like a naked man on stage not knowing what to do. This mission was going to be tough, more or less going alone and also the risk of friendly fire.

"Yes Chui." Delmira responded and grabbed her gatling gun anyway and looked at Thad. "We can talk later, im sure it will be a long conversation as well." The neko said and walked out the hanger bay after Sanda, Gatling gun in one hand and its ammunition bin in the other.

With a nod, the volumetric representation of Koyama winked out.

Even in the bay could hear the ship's systems change in tone and intensity as the ship broke cover and went after the Kuvexian ships. The main weapon array was charging and firing, the ship's anti-ship turrets were shooting, and the ship's engines were working to keep the ship darting around. From the armor bay they could see the movement of the stars as the shp maneuvered, and even feel the motion ever so slightly despite the ship's dampening systems. "Get ready for some teleporter coordinates," Cassie warned everyone, expecting the bridge to give them their target destinations as soon as the enemy's shields were disabled. It was a tricky business teleporting onto a moving starship but it was something they'd done successfully before, even in the Battle of Glimmergold that was the crew's first mission.

Thad had completed getting into his suit without any further incidents from the crew. He knew this mission might require actions to be taken which may not be the most moral but would need to be carried out. At least alone, he'd not pull other crew into the dark side of war. He tossed the aether blade over one shoulder and started to head out of the armor bay. Though not before he picked up a crowbar. Sometimes, one just needs to break a few knees to get answers.

Sanda was very mad about the whole situation. Luckily for her, the ship going into battle helped focus her faster than anything else could have. She wrapped her leg around a pole to brace herself as she took handfuls of her hair and tied it up tight into a ponytail. Tying her hair up always signaled for her that she was going into a fight. It helped focus her.

Yayoi felt grateful for Koyama’s authority in this particular issue. She couldn’t wait for things to get over with. She didn’t have long to dwell on her thoughts as she felt the systems change in tone. As the helmet closed over her head, she couldn’t help but think of another of her sisters who might have commented that they were entering Party Time. She pushed the thought from her mind, as she went to focus on the mission and to make sure the crew didn’t try to kill Thad.

Delmira stopped a short ways from Sanda. "Need some assistance?" She asked as set the gatling gun down to adjust her equipment. She made sure her new sniper rifle was the first thing within easy reach of being grabbed. The gatling gun and its ammunition bin would slot into her shoulder mount until she needed it.

Sanda snorted. "I'm Nepleslian and a Ranger. I'm fine." She took a deep breath. That was no way for her to act, even if she was pissed off. "I'm good to go. I'll be happy once we get into combat. Right now all we can do is wait for the bridge crew and hope they don't get us blown up before we get a chance to kill something."

Yayoi nodded her head, before she spoke to the two of them. "i'm sorry for letting my anger get to me." She said to Sanda and Delmira, though inside she felt concerned that her friendship with the two of them might be damaged.

Sanda actually laughed out loud at Yayoi. "You were one of the only cool headed people in that room just now! I've said this several times before and I'll say it again. I'd go crazy if you weren't hear. And I'm very glad you've got my back." She glanced at Del. "Both of you."

Suddenly the armor team was engulfed in a flash of light and they were standing in the Kuvexian ship's cargo bay.

ENEMY SHIP

"Fuck!" Cassie grunted, immediately scoping out the entrances and exits and picking one, advancing towards it. "Team, report status. Anyone end up in a bulkhead?" she asked.

Sanda was not ready for the teleportation, but she sprang into action with all the reflexes and skill that made Rangers so famous. She raised her plasma rifle and swept the area as she moved forward towards cover. "This is Thunder. I'm good to go."

Despite not being ready for the sudden teleportation Del snapped her weapon up switching it to SMG mode. The neko didn't have time to respond to Yayoi. She flashed green on her status indicator to Cassie as she looked around. "Im in one piece."

Yayoi smiled as she heard the laugh, before she and the rest were teleported. Like Delmira she immediately brought up her PA Assault rifle into SMG mode. She noted she had appeared beside Sanda and she moved into Cover. "Blade, Good to go.

Aether bolts started flying as enemy power armor started pushing into the cargo bay. "Intruder alert!" a Kuvexian voice announced over the intercom.

Once landed, Thad had pulled away from the group and activated stealth of his mindy suit. Normally he was not one to sneak around but thought this would fit best for the mission.

"We want to find an elevator shaft to the bridge level," Cassie shouted to the team. She was already near what looked like it could be one. Just then a bunch of enemies came pouring out of it and Cassie had to take cover behind a crate. The cargo bay began to flood with a mist of sensory nanomachines. "Frag out," Cassie yelled, tossing a grenade towards the grouped by the elevator.

"On it." Sanda said. She activated her stealth mode and ran at a right angle to the charging enimies so that she didn't get caught in the cross fire. But she didn't get far before her stealth was compromised. "Bastardos inteligentes. Las cosas se pusieron interesantes." Two gold suits lunged her. Sanda continued forward and tackeled the nearest one then let her forward momentum carry her into the next. She was up before either one could regain their feet and had her shotgun unlimbered from her back. A blast to each of the gold armored heads was enough to end that fight. She signed, so much tention leaving her body.

"Copy That" Yayoi replied as she activated her stealth, and followed Sanda, ready to take down Kuvexians once more. "Shit" She commented when she saw the nano machines. She chose to not worry since she wanted to kill them anyways.

An explosion rang throughout the bay as the grenade went off. "These were supposed to be pirates not Kuvexian Navy leftovers on holiday as pirates," Cassie complained as her create was shot full of holes. The enemy had shiny, well-maintained chrome gold power armor suits easily rivaling the Mindy and outnumbered them.

Delmira ducked into cover as shots flew by her and she switched her rifle to sniper mode. She popped up and snapped off a shot trying to hit the enemy in his neck seal. The neko ducked into cover and activated her own stealth system before breaking cover to get a new position. She fell back just a little behind her team mates and used the crack of two crates to line up a shot on the furthest enemy and shot him where his armor was weakest.

Somehow Delmira managed to hit Sanda in the back of her right shoulder in addition to some of the Kuvexians.

Using the cover of the grenade and resulting blast. Thad moved around to within reach of a group of Kuvvy scum. He was keeping note of possible sensors that might detect him moving in on them. When within reach, the blade of his aether beam saber light up. He aimed to run it through the back of the closest kuvvy.

After his first hit, another Kuvexian in power armor lit their own aether blade and started trying to slice Thad, resulting in an impressive swordfight.

Yayoi heard Cassie's comment, but she didn't think it was a bad thing that they ran into Kuvexians though she knew they'd need to kill them quickly. Her breaths went into slow calm breaths as she focused on the attack. She saw Delmira's shots hit Sanda, and gasped.

Sanda was about to move when she was hit hard in the back. The force of the shot propelled her into the wall and her suit began to beep that it had taken damage. She read the damage report and swore. "Del! Shoot the gold ones!" She got to her feet and fired another blast of her shot gun at a mob of gold armor.

"They're all fucking gold!" Cassie meowed.

"Shit." Delmira swore and pulled back into cover. She adjusted the scope and leaned back out this time she laid down cover fire. "Apologies, get into cover."

Cassie tried to move towards the elevator area in a rush but the crate she'd been using for cover had been full of some sort of oily, waxy food and she literally slipped and fell flat on her face, and despite the Mindy's protection she nearly broke her nose. "Augh!" she whimpered, scrambling to get back up on her feet but ending up on her ass, which would have to do.

Delmira's shot managed to finally land home and managed to completely blow off a Kuvexian armor's head completely and then ricocheted into some electrical equipment, which cut out the lights in the cargo bay, resulting in some momentarily confusion that they might be able to use to their advantage.

Yayoi became very concerned that the team had suddenly gotten a clumsy streak as they fought. Yayoi herself targeted Gold Armor, and fired her weapons, hoping to damage or destroy them so that they can move on.

Sanda took full advantage of the darkness to move into a group of gold armor. She let the shotgun dangle from its strap and activated her armors forearm weapon. The Aether blade shot out about a foot and a half from her right forearm and tore into the gold suits.

Cassie high-crawled towards the elevator, only to be hit and had to get back into the cargo bay, her armor now bearing a large crater in the back with smoking and sparks coming out.

OOC: JP by Wes, Ajax, Charaa, Cowboy, Miko, ShadowWalker

Aboard Kuvexian ship: Cargo Bay

Ever since Hanako's World Sanda had been running simulations fighting against large numbers of enemies at once. And ever since learning of the mission to board an enemy ship, she had been running boarding simulations. Her stealth skills came naturally and her fighting from the shadows was elite level so she had been practicing a weaker skill, general melee. Her many hours in the sims were paying off.

Sanda was a blur of movement. She jabbed her Aether blade into the armpit of one gold armor suit. Bracing against it she kicked her leg out behind her and into the enemy behind her, launching the suit into its companion which brought them both down the floor. Still holding onto the first suit, she used it's body as a shield and grabbed her plasma revolver with her left hand and fired at the two suits on the floor. The shots did little more than scratch the paint. Cursing with annoyance, Sanda spun the cylinder so that the anti-armor cartridge was loaded and fired again. This time the damage done to the enemy suits was much more satisfactory. She through the now long dead suit she had been holding up down onto the other suits and jumped up onto a catwalk above the cargo bay.

Unslinging her rifle, Sanda quickly and mechanically began to shoot out the other lights in the bay. She also fired down onto the gold suits below as she ran along the catwalk towards better cover.

The Cockpit of the VE-09

He received his orders from the bridge, he was to investigate the other ships in the area, but to maintain a neutral stance until given orders otherwise. "Roger, Brax splitting away from the ship." He said as he pulled away and out into open space on his own again. He initiated a sweep of the area, the other cargo ships he was told to investigate looked alright, one at a time he was hailing them and getting a nervous but firm reports about the area they were in. A few had some light battle damage and reports of minor skirmishes along the outer fringes where they originated but it was otherwise quiet. Even the ships they detected earlier were just hanging in the area and doing nothing, all in all this very tense mission was shaping up to be something that would not be something to write home about...save for the misunderstanding at the beginning.

After a brief pause Zanven initiated another sweep when word came in over the comms of incoming Kuv ships bearing a course for the convoy. It was time for him to finally show what he was made of as a pilot, that metallic taste filled his mouth as he bit his tongue.

He was ready.

"Brax to bridge, I see the Kuvy ships on my sensors and now in my view, permission to engage. He said as he knew that fighting was likely already taking place...seconds counted here as he sent a response through the SPINE system to begin charging up the weapons systems as he began to acquire targets as his Heads Up Display was beginning to prioritize targets and distinguish friend from foe. His vision was focused as he altered his course to now begin moving towards the ships...he did not know if there would be any addidional fighters coming out, yet he was more than ready. "I need a callsign" He would say aloud, not knowing his comms were still open as he waited on the order.

Frank was regaining his barring having not been any form of ready when the teleporting took place actually ended up causing him to reboot. when he came to the lights were being shot out seeing the back of Cassie had a smoldering crater in it. While he waiting for the sound drivers to reboot he picked himself up off the ground with the firefight going on around him. Heaving up his Ather gatling rifle he began fireing from the hip cutting down pirates in their gold power armor.

Franks would take several hits to his armor in various places only to return fire back at the enemy cutting them down as he made his way to the elevator. at least acording to his self. he had one armor breech that had made its way to himself in the chest. the shot ended up breeching his armor that was already taking a lot of hits and got threw shredding synthetic flesh but being stopped by the cybernetic armor underneath. "Cassie get to the elevator ill cover you." Frank stated before turning around and drawing the fire from her position onto his own as he fired back his ather rifle and forarm pulse cannon.

Thad was in the zone as he parried another sword strike from his foe. This was what he was use too, a life and death situation that only one person was going to escape from. He deflected another blow, this one glancing off his shoulder armor. He dropped a knee and trust forward aiming to strike the kuvvy right through his center. At the last second, the blade was intercepted and wild sparks showered around them as the blade made contact.

This lasted for a good thirty seconds before Thad got a clean opening to do the killing blow. His foe put up a good fight, showing he had something to live for. For Thad he had only one thing on his mind and that was making it back to Mia. He was determined to find out if she was really in love with him. "Strike true my old friend, let us return home once more." He said to himself as he thrust the Aether blade towards the kuvvy.

YSS Resurgence: Bridge

Shosa Aoba stroked his beard as the fight with the enemy starships continued. They'd managed to get the biggest ship's shields down long enough to send their away team aboard, but it was still fighting, so their attempt at disrupting them with the away team hadn't worked yet. He directed Kinie to fire on one of the other two ships with the main cannon, not wanting to accidentally blow up the away team. By now, the pirates had realized that the cargo ships had a gunship with them and not just Zanven's fighter (which was threatening enough on its own) so they were trying to escape before they took too much damage or more Star Army ships showed up from nearby Yamataian systems. The first of them space-folded away in a shimmer, leaving two pirate ships to fight on their own. Seeing the distinct possibility that the lead pirate ship would simply leave with the away team still aboard, Aoba gave the order for Resurgence and Zanven's Nodachi to close in and try to hit its engines or FTL systems. Unfortunately this reduced the Resurgence's ability to dodge enemy fire and the ship started to take a lot of fire.

Kuvexian Ship

"Moving!" Cassie shouted as she advanced on the elevator. "My teleporter is slagged," she told the team. "I'm going to have to get off this ship creatively," she growled. She made it to the elevator door only to end up grappled by an armored Kuvexian. They ended up rolling around on the floor and Cassie ended up on her back. "You didn't even take me to dinner!" she panted as she repeatedly avoided the Kuvexian's weapons until it just punched her in the face repeatedly. "Ah, ah, ow, ow. A little help here Frank?" she requested.

Meanwhile Thad's aether blade managed to cut off the Kuvexian's sword hand and before the aether blade hit the ground the gold-armored Kuvexian immediately noped out of the fight through a side doorway and didn't come back. The enemy forces were now starting to attack from cover to avoid Sanda's sights and were less bold, which left the team able to move a little more.

Sanda felt great. Her blood was up and the joy that only came through combat filled her. Sanda made it to cover behind a control panel and took stock of the situation. The Kuvys counter had been quick, but hadn't wiped them out. Now the enemy was taking cover where they could and seemed to be just trying to keep them from advancing further. Using her suits scanners, she analyzed the room. There seemed to be 3 main doors on the lower level and 2 up where she was. There were also two elevators. One for personal where all the troops had poured out of and where Cassie was directing everyone and another far larger one that was probably used for moving supplies and cargo.

She was debating whether or not to try and hack into the control panel beside her. She had a been given a crash course in hacking during Ranger school, but had had little opportunity to put it into practice. When she got back to the ship she would need to ask Koyama to bring her up to speed on hacking computers. Just as she decided to give it a try anyway, a kuvy tech wielding a giant wrench took a swing at her. Sanda easily side stepped the swing and the wrench went crashing into the control panels screen. More annoyed then anything else, Sanda grabbed the wrench out of the techs hands and gave it a hopefully non fatal blow to the head.

She had stood in one place too long. Shots began to come her direction. A couple of unarmored crew were up on an adjacent catwalk and were firing at her with small arm fire. Sanda brought her rifle up and shot twice from the hip. Her cybernetic eye and targeting hardware allowed her to make pinpoint shots without any effort. Moving now to better cover, Sanda noticed Cassie down fighting with a gold suit. Even with her pinpoint accuracy, the tattooed Ranger was hesitant to shoot with them so close and constantly moving. Sanda still had the wrench in her hand so she hefted it like a throwing ax and let if fly with all her might at the gold armor suit.

The cockpit of the VE-09

He got his orders, right as the first ship folded away and escaped, captain Aoba did not want the ship they had sent the Away Team on to leave the system and that switch flipped in his head and his SPINE system recognized enemy targets, a few small fighters, but mostly turrets and shield generators. The damn ship lit up like a Christmas tree as he propelled the Nodachi further forward. The Resurgence would be like a sitting duck if it had to get in closer and it would take on more fire if it continued. This was where he needed to show his prowess.

"Copy bridge, Brax heading in for the engines now!" He said as he flew past the first of two fighters, aiming his cannons at the second his targeting system gave him the adjustments needed and he took a deep breath before taking fire. A volley of shots were spent at the second small fighter as he simply initiated a small roll while continuing on course, if he hit it, he was confident that the turbo Aether cannons at the front of his ship would do some major damage, if not outright kill the fucker. "Bridge, making approach to the Kuvy engines. Gonna light this baby up with two Ke-Z1 missiles!" He said as he whipped the Nodachi around and locked on to two different thrusters and not waiting before firing, entering a strafing run as he engaged his Aether cannons, sure it was like small fireworks when compared to the payload he just shot before, but in order to secure the Away Team, he was trying to damage the ship without outright destroying it.

Frank would turn upon being requested for aid, leaving him unable to see the shot aimed for his face. Within moments part of his helmet received a gaping hole in its faceplate allowing gunmetal cybernetics and a glowing red eye to show. Frank turned only briefly to return fire killing the pirate who blindsided him before returning his attention to aiding Cassie. marching over he would grapple the pirate by the throat hoisting him up and off of Cassie. "Only mortal." He would state as he held the pirate a few inches off the ground his augmented strength from the power armor mixed with his superhuman levels of strength from himself being an android allowing him to do it one handed before he began to squeeze. Turning to Cassie with the side of the helmet breech facing her Frank would ask "Are you okay?"

Around her were the sounds of battle, murder, and mayhem, but Yayoi was calm and emotionless as she fought her opponent and killed him with her Aether Gun. She tried not to distract herself, but she missed the hidden blade she used to use. She made a mental note to get a special new one made later. More Kuvexians died by her guns blasts before she became distracted by Frank and Cassie. For a moment he forgot Frank was an Android, but man did that look like it hurt.

She made her way to where she was ordered, though monitoring everyone.

Thad stood still for a moment to take in his victory. He lived to see another day and even got left a gift. Thad reached down and picked up the weapon the kuvvy had left behind. "Ahh, duel wielding time." He said with a big smile across his face. He then noticed the hand that was also left behind. The grin of a madman crossed his face as he dropped a knee to pick it up.

A moment later a hand could be seen flying across the hanger bay. Thad was holding his blade like a baseball bat and looking like he had just hit a home run. The hand slapped against the wall behind the kuvvies taking cover. When it hit the ground, an armed grenade rolled out of the hand.

Kuvexian Ship - Cargo Bay

Cassie didn't answer immediately, the blow to the head taking her momentarily. And that was an understatement. "Not bad. We've got one here," she stated, looking around for some of the others. "I don't know how much more we can do this," she complained. Cassie's armor was battered and bloodied and she wasn't sure where the next shot would come from. "I'm fine, just..."

A massive impact hit the ship as Zanven's torpedoes slammed into its engines, causing massive damage and a chain reaction. The powerful anti-ship torpedoes obliterated the back half of the Kuvexian ship, with large amounts of shrapnel spraying out from fiery orange and glowing purple explosions. The ship started to spin uncontrollably.

In the cargo bay, everyone was violently slammed into the wall or crates towards the rear of the ship. Several Kuvexians were crushed instantly by cargo containers that broke free of their chains. A wall of fire spewed into the cargo bay from the ship's aft, blowing dozens of Kuvexians away. Then, all the air in the bay was rapidly sucked out of the same corridor. As the ship began to spin it created a centripetal acceleration that turned the ship's port side into the floor. All the power except isolated emergency lighting was out. A large amount of secondary explosions ripped through the ship, and the whole place was now generally a disaster area in danger of collapse.

Sanda, Cassie, and Thad were thrown off balance as they were tossed around inside the ship by the centripetal force and slid against the various cargo that was piled against the room's rear wall.

As the ship rocked, Yayoi jumped, and activated her thrusters that allowed her some stability and kept her from getting too hurt, as her feet made contact with the crates. She landed on the floor beneath her and checked on her teammates. Cassie claimed to be fine, but she took note of the damage she had sustained.

Sanda had been moving to a better position up on the second level when the ship rocked with enough force to throw her over the railing. She activated her suit's anti-grav and floated a moment in mid-air before moving back to the relative safety of the walkway where she braced herself against the sudden turbulence.

Thad was about to charge forward when the huge earth shattering explosion hit. He was knocked around like a rag doll as he did his best to keep himself from getting smashed by the cargo crates in the bay. He was unsure if the kuvvy decided to blow up their own ship or if one of the crew did something crazy.

Cheilith tried to cushion her crash against the wall with her arms. "Well, this ride is getting rough."

Delmira swore as the ship was rocked and the neko lost her balance. She rolled to the side before activating her thrusters and floating off the ground.

YSS RESURGENCE - BRIDGE

"Enemy ship disabled," Kalena said. "The other one just left, so it's the last one."

Kinie tried to re-establish contact with the away team. "Away team, this is Resurgence, Status check over."

The entryway to the Bridge slid open as Mochi made his way inside with some hurry. With the majority of the crew away on the enemy ship, there weren't too many hands outside of the Bridge to make sure the Resurgence was ticking over, despite the fire they were taking. Someone had to fill in, and that someone had been him for now.

Still partially clad in the equipment he had donned for the 'Thad Incident', Mochi pulled up his helmet and placed it under one arm, taking in the various displays and bringing himself up to speed. The Elysian listened in, awaiting any response Kinie might get - if needs be there were ways to support the team, even from here.

ENEMY SHIP - CARGO BAY

Thad replied back to Kinie. "Still alive, some better than others. Now could you please stop trying to blow the ship up with us in it please." He tried to laugh but instead coughed up some blood. Most likely had a few broken ribs from being tossed around from the explosions.

"I don't know, I think I might rather forget this ride." Cheilith commented.

As the Kuvexians began to recover they started shooting at the away team again, and they still outnumbered the Star Army team. As the shooting started all over again, Cassie crawled into the elevator. "Don't suppose this is operational," she said, pounding on the dead control panel. She haphazardly tried to stand up and look for a hatch on the ceiling that could lead to the shaft.

Sanda returned fire from the second floor as she quickly surveyed the area. "We need to move." Sanda stated. "Thunder to Blade! Move into the elevator and see if you can find a hatch to acess the shaft!" she rained down covering fire.

"We disabled the enemy ship's engines so it didn't leave with you," Kinie told Thad via comms. "It was about to."

Thad tipped his head down like he was looking over shades towards the back of the ship. At least looking at what was left of said ship anyway. Either way he ducked into cover and started to give return fire towards the remaining kuvvies. Would seem they were going to die fighting.

Cheilith took a few moments, aiming each burst of fire so that it took down a Kuvexian, but they were still coming. She wished she could get close enough to hit them.

Yayoi ducked as they were fired upon, and used some crates as cover to block the hits from aiming at her. She allowed her breaths to calm down before she began firing back, aiming for explosive things near the Kuvexians to try and not only cause a distraction but also to cause the Kuvexians some damage instead. She hoped that this would help thin the Kuvexians a little. At Sanda’s words, she nodded and used another distraction to hurry to the elevator shaft.

Delmira floated above the carnage and was sorely tempted to make a remark about how she must be dead because Kinie sounds like an angel. "I'm fine." Delmira responded instead. Delmira fired a shot before dropping down to the deck and switched her rifle to SMG mode as she moved to rejoin the team.

YSS RESURGENCE - BRIDGE

Mochi, with some apprehension, stepped up towards the Bridge seat currently occupied by Euikoshi. Standing beside her, the blonde officer scanned the displays. He nodded to his green-haired colleague, rubbing his chin gently in thought when he turned to the others. "Captain - if it's getting too hot in there for them, we can calculate a fastest-possible exfil route. If the worst happens, some explosives or an aether torch in the right place might do work. What's the strategy at play?"

"We'll melt everything with the main weapon array and respawn the away team from their backups," Aoba said. "My crew needs to be able to stand on their own. This is a test and it's up to them to sink or swim," he explained to Iemochi. "Not everyone on the crew has met my expectations but I have hope they'll figure it out. It's the Star Army way. We simply don't give up, as an organization or as individual soldiers."

Seinosuke couldn't help but blink once at Aoba's bluntness, before composing himself. A swift nod was offered to the Captain, the science officer steeling his face. "Aye, sir. I'd like to let it be known that one can only learn from experiences they remember. However, this surely is a good benchmark either way." Mochi offered his opinion, but made it clear he wasn't disagreeing with Aoba.

The Elysian patted Euikoshi on the shoulder, an implicit message to stand down, or at least, relax. The desired outcome wasn't the obvious one after all. "Focus on protecting the Resurgence and keeping tabs on incoming enemies and damage." Mochi spoke quietly to his junior green-panel, before making his way closer to Koyama, subtly trying to read her expression.

ENEMY SHIP - CARGO BAY

Air rushed into the elevator from the elevator shaft as finally Cassie resorted to just shooting the hatch open. She coughed over the com system as she spat up blood. "Let's...just get to the bridge and make them surrender," she said. "I wanna go home..."

Sanda got the signal that they had managed to open the hatch to the elevator shaft. "Everyone, move quickly! Blade, take point. Del and I will take up the rear. Move people!" Several shots came her way but Sanda took the most of them on her shield.

"Welp, I dunno about you but I think it is time we got off this boat. Don't think it will take another hit like that." As he watched the team push forward more. At this rate there wouldn't be a bridge left to take.

Cheilith jumped down the elevator shaft.

"No, up! Towards dorsal!" Cassie called to Cheilith, pointing repeatly. "I know it's all backwards now because the ship is spinning out of control. Use the minimap."

Cheilith reversed direction, following after Blade, she unsheathed her sword for a closer encounter and held it by two hands.

Delmira activated her thrusters to push herself forward faster and turned around to cover the teams rear fireing at the Kuvexians.

Yayoi remained silent as she moved with the others of the away team. In her mind she knew that should they fail they'll get respawned in a tank but she hoped before then they succeed.

"Fuck" Thad said under his breath. He expected this mission was going to be the death of him but not like this. His hope now rested on what he had inside his pack, some high explosives, enough to blow a hole in a star ship.

Sparks and aether-yellow fire flew as Delmira took a hit but the enemy aether slagged one of her shoulder accessory packs and her main armor was alright.

Sanda pulled and threw the two grenades she was carrying then jumped down and followed the rest of the team. She had her shield held up to try blocking some of the fire that headed towards the team while firing her rifle at anything that moved.

Due to the ship's spin, the grenades rolled onto the wall of the shaft and exploded there, crushing the top of the elevator in as well as shooting the team up the shaft like bullets in a rifle barrel.

Yayoi watched as the grenades exploded, before she felt herself shooting upwards. She couldn't help but ponder if this was what it was like to be a bullet a moment before she forced herself to focus so that she could act.

YSS RESURGENCE - BRIDGE

It was one thing to test the crew, another thing to have to watch crewmembers fighting a hard battle from the comfort of a Bridge. For some reason, today Mochi didn't feel like playing it safe. Not when he was seeing the others being pushed to their limits. The least he could do was meet them halfway or cover their retreat, if they got the chance to punch out.

Resisting the urge to make some kind of expression, the science officer turned and donned his helmet, making for the Power Armor Bay. There wasn't much use being a spectator. At least, not when they were all but watching their friends be put through hell. His memories of being on away teams just like the one beyond the hull were niggling at the back of his mind and wouldn't keep quiet.

ENEMY SHIP - BRIDGE LEVEL

"Anyone have a crowbar?" Cassie asked as the reached the appropriate door.

Thad reach over her shoulder and handed her a crowbar. "Careful, this can change the very fabric of time." He was glad he had brought this handy tool.

"No Time." Cheilith said, stepping forward, her sword glowed with destructive energy as she plunged it into the door, cutting through the obstruction and the door falling away inwards. She darted in, trying to use the element of surprise.

Delmira sung her rifle and ejected her gatling gun so she could pick it up and hold with one hand while she inspected the ammunition feed. "Got lucky and the ammunition didnt cook off. I will have to see about getting a fail-safe that will automatically eject it next time, or dump the ammo."

The bridge deck had a load of enemies in their shiny gold power armor that had been basically just waiting for them to come out of the elevator door, so there was suddenly a ton of enemy fire coming into the elevator shaft when the door opened.

Cheilith's shield went from Green, to Red, to Gone in an instant as she took the brunt of the fire. However, she didn't stop moving as her sword came down on one of the Kuvexians in Gold armor.

"Is there anything we can use as a shield around here? A blast door or something" Cassie shouted over the sound of explosive energy impacting all around. "It's either that or just Leeroy Jenkins it and kamikaze the bridge. Can't stay here though."

Thad reached up to his chest and pulled a grenade from the belt he wore. He had dropped down into the shaft in order to avoid being blasted. It still gave him sight to throw the grenade into the bridge area.

Again, the grenade stuck to the side of the ship instead of going where it was supposed to, but it did blow up a group of Kuvexians.

Delmira hefted her gatling gun. "i have this." She said and looked at Cassie as she spun the barrels. "Took a hit to the ammunition container so the feed will jam sooner than later."

Yayoi used Cheilith as a shield to get herself to cover. "wouldn't mind Kamikazing myself..' she said in reply to Cassie.

"Go after the gatling gun runs out, only if necessary," Cassie told Yayoi. With Delmira providing covering fire and Cheilith distracting them, she saw her chance and rushed toward the bridge doorway. "Moving in!" she said. Halfway there she realized the control panel for the door had no power. "Shit!"

Now in the middle of the Gold Kuvexians, Cheilith ducked and weaved as she fought, being in the midst of them was a benifit and a detriment as not all of them could shoot her, but the ones that could landed their shots against her now unprotected armor. One by one, the armored bits started to fail as she slashed furiously at the enemies surrounding her.

Sanda was examine the hallway, trying to find another way into the bridge. If they could find another way they could catch the Kuvies in a crossfire. She had her shotgun out as in this close range it would be devastating to be caught by the blast.

Thad knew it was go time. With his two aether blades he'd look to make quick work of the kuvvies that were left standing. He pulled himself up and behind Cassie. After a moment he followed after Chelilith who was engaging the enemy. One Aether blade lit, followed by the seconded as he rushed towards a group of enemy.

Delmira stepped out of cover and layed down a hail of fire from her heavy weapon. The neko smiled under her helmet like a kid in a candy store as she finally got to use her favorite toy.

YSS RESURGENCE - PA BAY

Mochi jogged into the power armor bay, moving over to his own set of Mindy armor - something he hadn't had cause to use in a while, especially with his wife and kids aboard. Being out there while his family needed him was a fear, but the situation on the Resurgence seemed stable for now. It was better to be here right now.

Removing his personal gear and stripping down to his working uniform, the scientist stood there alone in his green panel. Pressing his uniform's communicator, he messaged Poppy - "Poppy, it's Iemochi. I'm getting ready to meet the away team, either here or there. If you're standing by, it may be wise to meet them in the PA bay, in case they're badly hurt."

With that, Mochi began suiting up into his power armor, feeling the cool interior through the fabric of his clothing. The hiss of the metal as it settled in and closed around him. In no time, the officer was out and hovering in space just beyond the Resurgence. Through his MAW's scope, he tried to spot any sign of the battle from the outside of the enemy ship. After a moment, the Elysian used his Leader Module to cast the others' helmet cams into his HUD. If nothing else, he could cover their retreat.

ENEMY SHIP - BRIDGE LEVEL

After a brutal, and bloody fight, the away team managed to defeat the Kuvexian defenders, leaving them all in terrible shape. There was blood, burns, and holds everywhere. At this point the Kuvexians cracked open the brigde door on their own and began attempting to chat.

"It appears you folks have me at disadvantage," a Kuvexian businesswoman in holographic robes looking like a schoolgirl's chromed-out binder from the YE 20s. "We would like to negotiate a surrender," he said, having no other option.

Delmira disconnected the ammunition feed from her gatling and set it down in a corner to hopefuy be recovered later. She grabbed her rifle and aimed it down the hall at the bridge door just in case it was a trap.

Yayoi held her rifle now that the Kuvexian was ready to talk, but she watched him and waited for whether she'll have to shoot him or not. His Kuvxian appearance had brought some anger from her Hanako resistance days though.

Cheilith glanced around for her missing left arm as they had a moment to breathe. The Hemosynth was doing it's job and stopping her from dying. However, the adrenaline from the combat kept her from really feeling the loss... yet.

Sanda smiled under her helmet. "Good, we accept your unconditional surrender. Have all your crew discard all weapons and move towards the hanger bay. We will collect them there."

"My name is Countess Vizamuner Vlon Locheanar Briserari," the Kuvexian woman explained. "Our ship was previously part of the Kuvexian Navy but we're just explorers now. Might I show you the way to our shuttle bay as this ship appears to be about to explode?"

Thad gave no notice to the kuvvy captive. He had primed enough explosives to send them back to whatever hell they come from so was not too worried. However he did notice Cheilith was looking for something, which he guessed to be her missing arm. "Looks like you could use, a hand." He chuckled to himself while he dug through the bodies looking for the missing arm. He found it under a body, still together at least. He reached down and picked it up before handing it to her.

Yayoi silently couldnt help but think Whats with these guys and their long names Her thoughts werent transmitted as she watched him for any sudden moves.

Cheilith nodded thanks to Thad, "Thanks, I'd rather be remembered then dismembered." She didn't know if it would work, but she pressed the severed limb where it should be and hoped the Hemosynth did the rest.

Delmira picked up her gatling gun it may not have ammunition but she could beat a kuvexian to death with it if they tried anything. She slung her rifle and drew her aether beam saber rifle to use one handed if needed. Delmira held her weapon level on the count and any surviveing bridge crew in case anyone tried to attack.

Sanda looked around at a bridge's display screens. She wasn't a starship operator by any
means, but all the flashing red lights seemed to confirm what the Count was saying. "If you please Count. We'll get you and your people off this ship before she detonates. I'll leave your status as an explorer up to my superiors." Sanda then quickly contacted the ship as it seemed no one else had.

"Thunder to Resurgence. We have taken control of the ship and have captured a Count or such. I'm no bridge bunny, but I don't think this ship has long. We're making our way with our prisoners to the hanger. We're taking a ride off this wreck and some help from the Kuvies. Most of the team is pretty beat up. Advice having a med team and guards as soon as we land."

Vizamuner nodded and she and a small handful of Kuvexian ship crew and soldiers led the armor team through the wrecked ship to a nearby shuttle bay where the shuttles were piled up on one of the walls. Together the Star Army soldiers worked with the Kuvexians to move one of the shuttles into a launch-able position and got the hatch open so everyone could get on board it.

Thad was about to get on the ship and paused for a moment. He had learned a lesson from the talk with Aoba not to carry live ammo. He tossed the primed shape charges back into the ship. His boss would be happy with him know he did good.

Delmira cocked an eyebrow at Thad not that he could see her before she gave him a gentle shove. "All right enough fun with the boom toys get on."

"Aoba said I wasn't allowed explosives anymore, I am just following orders." A smile crossed his face as he got onboard the ship.

Cassie didn't want to sit next to the Kuvexians after all the hell she'd been through watching her fleet destroyed. She sat in the corner nervously.

Yayoi moved to sit beside Cassie, as she didnt want to sit next to the Kuvexians as she felt the urge to kill them would be high.

Cheilith held her arm, keeping herself together as it started to mend it's self. She was proud of what she had managed to do, even with her injury. Most of her armor was warped or damaged from the beating it had taken, but there hadn't been anything else to do but charge in.

Sanda stood up front where she could keep an eye on all the prisoners and the pilot. Her shotgun was held in her arms low where she could get it into action quick if any of them tried anything.

Thad took a seat right next to the VIP and put his arm around them. "We are going to be best of buddies."

One of the Kuvexian pilots glanced back at the unusual sight and then hit the accelerator, sending the ship out into space and towards the Resurgence. Behind them, the heavily damaged Kuvexian ship finally exploded in a fireball. Zanven's fighter escorted them back and in a couple minutes the aay team was back on the Resurgence.

"Maxioums! Get away from the Count!" Sanda still hadn't forgiven him for all the stupidity he had done. This was just another example of how unprofessional he was and she would make damn sure the Captain knew about it.

"Thaddeus remove your arm from him right now!." Delmira said at about the same time Sanda was laying into him.

"What, they are behaving so no worry about them ending up in the sex cave back on the ship. At least they better behave." He was full on laughing at all the fuse about his actions.

Sanda marched forward and grabbed Thad by the arm and pushed him away. "I said, Leave. Her. Alone."

Demira all but face palmed. "Thad i am not your CO-" She stopped and watched Sanda before resumeing. "I am not your CO so i cant order you but i strongly suggest you dont touch her. Lest you want to get in more trouble back on the ship."

"Alright, alright...you can be good cop today. I will go sit over by Cassie." He placed his arms up to show he'd not put up a fight.

"You sure she might try to kill you." Delmira said to Thad and turned around to look over the others.

"Probablemente le compraría un trago si lo hiciera." Sanda muttered.

Yayoi shook her head at the antics of the crew and smirked as Sanda mentioned buying Cassie a drink if she killed Thad.

Thad waved his hand and paid little attention to the rest of the crew. He sat next to Cassie and took out a med kit to do something nice.

YSS RESURGENCE - SHUTTLE BAY

Mochi saw the shuttlecraft coming and gave the pilots a wave as they drew closer. The scientist shot off a transmission to the crew - "We should make sure that thing isn't carrying any explosives before it docks, really. Not sure if that's possible.."

He guided them back in through the Resurgence's entrance, taking the initiative to free himself from his brief outing in the Mindy while they were disembarking. The Elysian officer thought it best to make sure he was on scene for receipt of the prisoner, in case Aoba and Koyama wished to stay on the Bridge. Hopefully Poppy had got his earlier request too and would be there soon.

Frank would be fallowing the shuttle from a distance using the Mindy's "wings" to fallow the ship as the pirate ship turning into a flaming explosion. He would end up fallowing the shuttle a good distance before attempting to contact Cassie over coms. "You know I love the peacefulness of space as much of the next guy but please don't leave me behind as I'm making my way to the ship now." Eventually making it back to the resurgence entrance he would walk around the crew making more or less a beeline to med bay for repairs to the skinsuit so that it can heal properly. "Well, I'm heading to med bay see you there Cassie."

Shuttle Bay

Koyama had made the offer to assist in handling the incoming Kuvexian Countess, now accounted a prisoner it would seem. The trip to the shuttle bay had been short but the neko had arrived in time to see the shuttle on approach and the subsequent landing. With the power armor team disembarking with the Kuvexians in tow, Koyama tapped Seinosuke on the shoulder as she came to stand beside the Elysian. Her pistol rested at her side, the other her officer's sword, blade up and sheathed, and the other accouterments that came with the belt.

"I came to assist, with the Shosa and the bridge crew performing admirably, either Shosa Aoba or I should be present for this and take some of the burdens off of the other. Anything you would like me to be aware of?" asking the Elysian senator and scientist his take or thoughts on the matter at hand.

In the meantime, Koyama kept a direct wireless link on standby to Aoba so either could contact the other quickly and efficiently.

YSS Resurgence - Shuttle Bay

Although Sanda was sore and tired from the intense fight they had just come from her spirits were high. It was her first taste of combat since Hanako's World and she savored it. She also wasn't too badly hurt. Some bruises that would heal quickly. Though the team had taken some licks the team had done well. If nothing else, it had given her a new level of respect for Del. The short neko had proven very good in a fight. Though it still remained to be seen if she was Ranger material, Sanda felt she was worth keeping an eye on. Maybe give her a few pointers. She glanced around at the others. Cheilith was a good fighter too. Sanda was very impressed with how she handled herself. Even when she lost her arm the Neko hadn't stopped fighting. Yayoi, well Yayoi could always be counted on. She was a fellow Ranger after all. Cassie, for all her whining, had led the team well. She had taken a beating but never gave up. And the new guy, Frank. Frank the freaking Tank. He soaked up punishment and just kept on going. It was hard to say what damage he had actually taken but he seemed to be a good addition to the team.

Sanda eyes narrowed as she looked at Thaddaeus. There was the source of all the problems on the Resurgence. Oh she'd admit, grudgingly, that he good in combat. But unless he was actively fighting the enemy, he was a loose cannon. A ticking time bomb of trouble, not to mention moral. He had gotten on several of the crews nerves and then really caused trouble with all whole Mia thing. Then the incident in the hanger. The man couldn't follow orders or take anything seriously. His stupidly could have cost someone their life. And then, just when she though he couldn't do any worse, he gets all chummy with their prisoners! There were several things wrong with that. One, you didn't get that close to a prisoner, especially one they hadn't had time to thoroughly check for weapons. How easy would it have been to pull out a hidden blade and stick him, or grab Thad's own sidearm and hold him at gunpoint. Or his own safety if Sanda had been forced to shoot, he would have been in danger of being hit. The man had no sense of professionalism and never seemed like he even realized what he had done wrong or worse, just didn't care. Well, Sanda was going to make sure that his conduct was reported to the Captain. The lightning tattooed woman had grown fond of her teammates and she was not going to see them jeopardized by idiot who was to stupid to learn how to be a soldier.

As the shuttle landed in the Shuttle Bay Sanda brought her shotgun up to cover the prisoners. She had them march out of the shuttle first and lined them up. She was relived to see both Koyama and Iemochi waiting. Sanda let the Countess forward to them and saluted. "Ma'am. Sir. May I present Countess Vez... The Countess. She surrendered to us after we had captured the bridge. I should also mention that she was helpful in getting our people and the remaining survivors off that ship and back here. I turn her over you." Sanda might be a simple Ranger, but she new a certain decorum was in order when dealing with a bigwig like this. "I'll give you a full report once I've secured our other prisoners." She paused a moment then quietly added. "Where should I store them? We don't have a brig."

Koyama inclined her head to Sanda, then kept a sharp gaze on the Countess and those with her. "Welcome aboard," her tone neutral while she flicked a glance up and down the female Kuvexian. She had never seen one before, merely the males who fought on the front. Or perhaps she had and never paid it much mind. But now as an interesting opportunity.

To Sanda, that neutral countenance was familiar. The same look the Samurai had worn while making their proclamation on her adoption. It was only natural having grown up amongst them.

The ID-SOL halfbreed received not so much as a passing glance from the First Officer.

"Thank you, Hoshi-hei," her stare never leaving the Kuvexian, "I will take note of their willing surrender and assistance. And expect your report in a timely manner." Koyama was all business at the moment.

~'Sir?'~ she sent the message over the secure wireless link to the Shosa she had set up earlier, ~'I would suggest deck two for holding. We only have the three containment cells in medical and there are more than they can handle.'~

As she began speaking over the wireless line, Koyama continued in the physical realm, "We will find accommodations for you and your people,"

~'We could utilize the enlisted quarters, and quarter them in small groups instead of one large congregation. We lock out the terminals inside or remove them completely. Along with anything that may be readily used as an improvised weapon or device. Their leader, a Countess should be held separately and alone to make for easier questioning and prevent possible communication between herself and her people. We would just require security to keep watch over their quarters. Is this acceptable?'~

To Mochi, she also sent this suggestion, albeit in a manner he could silently interpret. Be it simple text or some other manner. Perhaps even telepathy.

Shuttle Bay

Thoughts of Amanozako, the NMX Neko that his old crew had once captured, jumped to Mochi's mind as he awaited the others. Placing his hands behind his back and standing at ease, the Elysian was pleasantly surprised to feel a tap at his shoulder and the visage of Koyama. He noticed the XO's array of weaponry, something he had not taken the liberty to mimic after leaving his Mindy - it had slipped his mind but seemed unnecessary either way. No doubt the away team would be menacing enough to stop the POWs doing anything silly, if not Koyama could handle it.

"Good to see you Koyama." The science officer smiled at the Neko, "You're right- it's good to have one of the command staff down here, that's true. A congratulations to the away team would do a lot to raise their spirits, I think. They look like they've been through hell." Mochi offered some advice in a low tone, wondering how the team would react once word got around that Aoba hadn't really cared whether or not they made it back.

As for things that Koyama should know, the blonde took a moment to think on it. "Last time I encountered a POW, the crew were overly curious and didn't appreciate their potential danger. Ultimately, they defected to our side, but it might be something worth reiterating - even confined they're still dangerous. Probably as well trained as we are too.."

With his counsel given, the away team began disembarking. Sanda seemed to be in a good mood, offering a salute to both of the officers present. Taking one of the hands from behind his back, Mochi returned the salute with a precise motion of his fingers to his brow, and a nod. He was sure Koyama also appreciated the gesture from Sanda, a nod was fine of course, but Mochi always returned salutes with one of his own out of principle.

Taking note of Koyama's transmission, the green-panel decided to give some input. ~'Spliting them up is a good idea - it minimises their ability to plan breakouts. The engineers and scientists aboard can jury-rig the accomodation as cells, to a greater or lesser extent. We have plenty of infantry to act as guards if we organise a rota and cut down on free time?~

~"I'd recommend having Pink-hei to attend to the away team. Leyton-hei and Hachirobei-hei could deal with the weapons and effects. Oh, and Agrippina-hei should probably be notified we will need more food, to accomodate the prisoners. I can lead the cell-making effort, if you both have the rest handled and that sounds good?"~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back