• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Sakura II Discussion (formerly A THOUGHT Experiment)

Re: [OOC] A THOUGHT Experiment

out of curiosity is the major fighting going on right now in a large open space on the ship, like an city like structure that my character could get easy access to? i do have a sniper rifle, though i doubt it will do much in terms of damage against power armor.

It's in Nishitama, which is a city within a huge ship...complete with skyscrapers and streets. However, a decompression order has been given, which pretty much means the atmosphere in the city is going to be vented to the vacuum of space. People have to get to shelters to avoid dying.

Your character's primary goal at this point should be survival.

ok, i thought it was an open city plan in the ship. just wanted to be sure though. I do have a sniper rifle but i dont know if it would be a high enough caliber to damage to mindies or not. but i figured worst case scenario i could find some sort of survival suit and lay down supporting fire from a distance or something.

that came out wrong...lol. meant to say that IS what i thought...lol. ahh well i guess i will just have to pay attention to see when i can really start to work him in more.

Would Lolion's current position allow him to take a shot at that lone mindy at all? or would he still be too far away?

Sorry for my lack of posting. How do I put this...I've experienced a profound lack of interest in SARP. My only active participation in this plot is GMing, and my favorite character has no place to go without OOC shenanigans and manipulation or using him for OOC stuff again. Add to that I'm generally out of it since Andrew split again.

I'll try to keep this plot alive due to my responsibilities to you all, of course, but I do owe you an explanation for the lack of activity from me.

I want everyone to comment on this...I am considering transitioning from a civilian R&D plot to an actual military one. It's a consideration I've been pondering for a good while, but I have an actual Taisa available, it's something I've considered for almost a year now, and all of my players are former SAoY -- and two of them have met this Taisa. The culmination of the attack on Nishitama will be fine for this.

So I want a vote between the three of you. I want to know if you want to:

A. Stay a Civilian R&D plot (which may prove limiting in the future)

B. Become a standard SAoY plot, where everyone becomes serving SAoY personnel.

C. Become an 18+ SAoY plot, where everyone becomes serving SAoY personnel which will deal with topics such as genocide, graphic combat, and possibly sexy.

I personally vote C, but I want to have the agreement of the players and recommendations before pressing onward.

Well Yaiba is on detached service, so I'm cool with B or C.

Don't mind B, but am against C. I come here to roleplay, not to engage in things that are very uncomfortable for me.

My take for C was the "serving SAoY personnel which will deal with topics such as genocide, graphic combat:"

Not really looking for the plot to turn into Sex.

Okay, we'll have C just be mature for genocide/graphic combat. Sexy will be out, or kept in a different place like some other plots where you don't have to see it.

That just leaves Lolion's player to speak on it.

I agree with C minus the sexy part. im not against the sexy part but as you said we can use other forums and threads for it if the plot allows for it.

Also,... Sound like lolion is breaching the room the hostages are in and that its a cubicle style open floor plan. am i right in thinking that? and are the terrorists there in armors?

Considering my inexperience in other plots and lack of time rp'ing with you all it looks good to me so far. Any chance there is a power armor sniper rifle my character can use?

You're already using one, pretty much. it just takes two hits to take out a normal Mindy, and 3 or 4 to take out these older ones.

Heads up.

Folks, just want to make sure everyone is away that I leave NC on Sunday 8 Jul heading to India for almost two weeks on business. Its 28 hours of travel time, so once I leave the house, until I get to the hotel I will have little to no WIFI.

I have my tablet, so once there I do not see a problem with keeping things going.

hmm... I guess I under estimated the idea of a .40 cal round in the shape and size of a rifle cartridge...lol. Would make sense then that against an armored target it could penetrate after as many shots as you say. Just wish there was some AP rounds for it though. would make fighting these armors a lot easier.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back