• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Sakura II Discussion (formerly A THOUGHT Experiment)

Re: [OOC] A THOUGHT Experiment

Good to hear. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Also, I'm trying to come up with rules regarding the YSS Sakura II...right now there are lots of Eucharis rules and chaos...any recommendations or thoughts/input?

Considering that we will be migrating from being "freelance" workers from the thought experiment where you described the group as being trusted to their own devices to get the job done, i would imagine a more relaxed environment for either improvisation and or creative solutions to problem solving. i understand it is star army and that certain customs and courtesies and policies will apply but just an idea i guess.

Well, there will be lots of rules, but a lot are about daily living more than combat rules.

Also, I would like to know...who would prefer to use a Kirie/Keiko, and who would prefer a Mindy-type? Do we have anyone who fits a second role alongside pilot as well?I'll need to know where to place you all.

Id be willing to try a Kirie/Keiko if its possible. i especially like the active camo option on the one. As for secondary jobs, my character has a skill in maintenance but its more for vehicles and weapons the ship maintenance. so if you need a hand for an armory or the hangar then my character can fill it.

Things seemed to have slowed around here. I've been seriously pondering a three day posting requirement...should I keep it at a week for Thought Experiment?

Please note that if interacting with another plot, it will be a rule that the faster plot's schedule will be observed by our players.

when i get closer to the time i leave Afghanistan it might be hard for me to keep up with a 3 day posting schedule but ill let you know when i start moving and the approximate date id be back home. As for now i can read and reply every day. As for the next plot, either way is fine with me, I can do either.

Re: [OOC] Sakura II Discussion (formerly A THOUGHT Experimen

This is, as of this point, the discussion thread for the YSS Sakura II plot as well as the final elements of the Nishitama Thought Experiment plot from which it is being born. New players are asked to understand that an old plot is in its final stages of transition and to bear with it while they acclimate.

Posts will now have the following tags on their titles:

[A THOUGHT Experiment] - This tag means the thread is relevant to the previous plot.

[YSS Sakura II Mission x.x] - This Tag means that the thread is a main YSS Sakura II Plot Thread for Mission x.x

[ASIDE Mission x.x] - This Tag means this thread is an aside to the main thread and is happening at the same time as Mission x.x. Any player can make an aside if they have participating players and the GM agrees to the general premise. It is not required to be read by players, but can be. Depending on the timing of things, it may be possible to RP a player as in the mission thread and in an aside at the same time. Asides are often used for social RP.

[ADULT ASIDE Mission x.x] - This tag means this thread is an aside to the main thread that has adult content and is happening at the same time as Mission x.x. The same rules to an aside apply. This keeps adult material from being viewed by those who do not wish to view it, while still making it accessible to those who do.

Can we get the orders and roster updated?

Orders will be updated when applicable for the Nishitama people, which won't be long now.

Also, sorry for not posting the last few days. For Sakura II, I was waiting on a prospective member, but found they haven't even submitted their character yet. Nishitama was waiting for everyone to post, while also thinking of which of several options I wanted to try.

Just to give you guys a heads up, I leave trashcanistan today this evening, so for the next week I will be in transit without a reliable means of posting. I will keep tabs as much as I can but until I land in the us and can use my phones Internet, I'm kinda reliant on bad wifi and spotty connections.

And I was about to post and say "update your bios and remove red links over the next week, plot audits are due". Murphy's law. I may have to edit your history on your wiki or something if you don't get to do it. People, please make what updates you must and add art if you haven't already.

I had also debated integrating the plots in a Mission 1 thread this week, but this isn't really Mission 1...Nishitama people will be posting in the YSS Sakura II thread after the shuttle docks. So Sakura peeps, that's why I left my post as it was, but the plan is changing there.

Nishitama plot is officially over. All YSS Sakura II from here on in.

Well good news is they have cheap wifi where I'm staying for now. So I should be good until we fly for the states. Then I should only be offline for maybe a day or two when that happens.

Gonna be busy next few days; will try to get a post up this weekend. Sorry!

Kyle, Nashoba, if you get a chance, could you please update your characters' histories for the plot audit? It's the difference between a B and an A rating.

Thanks, everyone, we've got a 92 A. We avoided a drop in score from the transition to a new plot!

I can understand the shift from summer vacation to classes slowing down things a bit, so I've been a bit lax on posting requirements, but I'd like to see more posts than this -- particularly from the new people. If you can't think of anything, at least give me a heads up so we can work with it, okay?

I think I'm good idea wise for now, my character is just at a point where I kinda need the other characters actions before I can post again. Also being stuck on base here with nothing to do has given me plenty of time to keep tabs... Lol.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back