• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SARPcast & SARPtalk (Podcast shows)

Ira said:
Anything specific you want to discuss?
Usually the guest supplies the topic. I don't really have anything specific right now.

Ira, can you switch days with me, please? I'm headed to Emerald City Comic Con this weekend after all (wasn't quite planning on it).

Actually I was caught up in writing a paper for a class. I can't believe I forgot about it though. I should've just done it on Saturday when Ira poked me.

Anyway, I'm up for it this weekend.

Minecraft is fun, but it's hard for me to find time to game these days. Work has been super busy lately and I don't want to get busted SARPing by my boss because there's always something I could be fixing instead. You know how we all have to protect our jobs especially in this financial environment where schools are trying to slash budgets over and over. So I get home already super tired and then I have to do my university stuff.

SHOW NOTES FOR OCTOBER 25, 2011 (SARPTALK 22)

http://chirb.it/xLp7B6

Art news: Chibis have recently been delivered for some old Yamataian NPCs, including:

Taisho Ketsurui Yui
Ketsurui Himiko, Empress of Yamatai
Ketsurui Yuumi, Imperial Premier of Yamatai
Shosho Ketsurui Hanako, who has been promoted since her original chibi art,
Taisho Kessaku Irim,
and Chujo Kessaku Anri, designer of PANTHEON

These NPC artworks were commissioned to help put faces on the Yamataian government. Originally this commission was going to include the YSS Miharu crew, but Fred and Doshii requested not to have chibi art, which I find very upsetting as my goal is to get group art for all plots.

Speaking of Fred, after running the YSS Miharu plot since 2006, GM Fred has taken a hiatus from the community. He has said we may return when the time is right. Co-GM Doshii Jun will serve as GM for the remainder of the plot's final mission.

Another small ichan chibi commission is in the works, which includes additional Yamataian characters in black jackets and flight suits. All Star Army RP characters are eligible for chibi art. To request art for your character, go to the Art forum and post in the chibi request thread using the provided form.

An NMX chibi commission including a Mishhu, Melisson, and NMX Nekos is under consideration.

Remember that Star Army and the commissions project require constant funding. Please consider donating to the site. You can find the donate link on the forums. All donators who have donated at least 10 dollars will recieve a limited-edition 3-inch Nepleslian Space Marine Corps emblem iron-on patch. I have one patch I need to mail still, sorry for the delay. I am always open to your suggestions on where to use your donation.

We've recently opened nominations for the 2011 Sarpy Awards, allowing all members submit nominations for up to 81 awards. You do not have to post your nominations publicly. You can PM them to me. You are allowed to nominate yourself. You are allowed to nominate more than one name or post for each award. You do not have to submit a nomination for all awards. And you do not have to submit all your nominations at one time. The nominations are due by November 20, 2011. Shortly after that, we will open voting for the rest of the year and give out awards for the new year. Also, if you're an artist interested in helping us with award graphics, let me know.

October is plot pride month. If you have the time, please take a moment to post on the forums about what you love about the plots you are in. The next SARP holiday is webmaster appreciation day on November 20. Also keep in mind that the in-character season is also coming up, so start thinking about in-character gifts, Pasco day, and Yuletide traditions!

Nepleslian players who had characters for the planned NSS Francia should move those characters to active plots; the Francia plot did not take off as intended due to GM Fian being unavailable.

The Iromakuanhe forums have been moved to the archive due to a lack of activity since this summer, but I really would love to see them get the ball rolling again. It's a great faction. So if you're a player in Bahram Wing or Land of Dreamers, make a post and ask Exhack or Kokuten for a mini JP!

GM Aendri (Star Army's other Fred!) is currently working on an Elysian plot ship. If you are interested in playing an Elysian member of the Star Army of Yamatai, please contact him.

4th Fleet is getting crowded so Kokuten and I am seeking another GM for a second Nepleslian military plot ship. If you're interested, let us know.

Please send me suggestions for items to place on the 2012 Changes player survey. Last time player votes changed FTL rules, allowing star systems a protective zone around them in which FTL cannot be used, and set guidelines for starship weapon ranges. I intend to make a case against players having phasing weapons that can bypass armor.

In the RP, the big news has been the Battle of Yamatai, in which multiple plots are involved. The NMX have attacked Yamatai but fallen into a trap laid by Taisho Yui. Star Army forces are currently winning against the invaders and the NMX fleet is expacted to be obliterated, setting the stage for a major shift in the NMX war, since the NMX losses will make it difficult to defend their conquered systems. That means oppotunities for plot ships to help retake lost systems and push the war towards a victorious ending.

The last new item is our server wipe. In order to upgrade some software, we completely reinstalled our server from the OS up. So if you see any part of the website that needs fixing, please let me know so I can take care of it. As always, you are welcome to call me or leave a message at (209) 782-7276 - that's 209 STAR ARMY.

Would you like to be a SARPtalk guest? Just ask! You will need Skype, a microphone, and about two hours of free time. Send your topic and some available dates and times to me via forum PM or email.

That's it for this episode of SARPtalk. Remember to vote for us once a day, every day! I'll see you in the chatroom!

Well, as I said earlier last week I believe, I'm up for a SarpyTalk :3

Need ta pimp a plot, but I'd also like to talk about the Nesha's a bit. Though, having questions to answer helps that bit out. Regardless, any subject matter is fine by me, just hte two I listed is what I'd like to talk about, provided the last one (the faction one) is fresh in my mind when the time comes.

Is it possible for this Saturday or Sunday?

Episode 24 is freshly made and uploaded!

I've had this idea of what to do after I conclude the Phoenix, and it involves something that I feel doesn't get a lot of attention on SARP: Metafiction! I-ln character works of fiction, prose, movies, games, websites, comics and words.

What I want to do is a plotship, for a work of in-universe fiction. Namely, a comic book that... embelishes a few details of our beloved icons.

<Reader> Wait, Ketsurui Yui doesn't have laser eyes ...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back