• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SARPcast & SARPtalk (Podcast shows)

Re: SARPcast

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=sarptalk

New Sarptalk 7

I was pretty nervous, call it stage fright, so some things might be off. Also apparently my mike cut out a couple of times. The Ugugug thing was definitely lag though... lol

I'm a big nazi when it comes to classifications, I think Kohana and Freepsacers are more of a cultural faction since they still have tech named specifically for them, and are not completely destroyed.

However some of the Kohanians can break off and make a new Faction, which is why I wanted to separate Race and Faction.

Don't know if there's anything else to mention, laters!

@all SARPtalk 8 and 9 are scheduled! If you want to get on the show, let me know! I'm looking for someone for the Sun, May 23 episode (SARPtalk 10).

Wes, although I'm going to busy a lot over the next few weeks I would be willing to do one anytime the week of June 6th or any time July 11-14

Can we make it 3pm EST? Because I don't get home from church until about 2pm and I'd like to have time to pull up the pages I want and stuff so I don't want to be pushing it. And it doesn't really matter to me what the topic is.

3pm is okay, but we need something to talk about or the show probably wont' be very long.

I'm just impartial as to what we talk about. We could always do something along the lines of "new-player initiation" or something like that.

New player initiation is a subject of somewhat interest to me, and I'm sure a few others as well.

I support that Idea. As helpful as you were to me when I first got started not too long ago, I know you've probably got plenty to say on the subject. I'm sure there's also plenty of information for veterans when it comes to that subject as well.

In other words: Do it.

Okay, Gabriel, June 6 at 3pm EST.

Topic: New Players

Some Suggested Subtopics

- Why new players are important
- Making a first impression
- Advertising and spreading the word
- Why the current CCG needs serious help
- Mentoring new players

Just a thought, something we could try doing is during the SARPtalk, do a "quick-create" of a character and explain each section, and then if you wanted you could take just that section of the SARPtalk and turn it into an auditory help-thing. Or while we're at it we can make an auditory tutorial separately.

And over the next few weeks I'll try making a couple characters so we'll have something to discuss.

I did that tonight as a test.

Now wouldn't it be cool if we had that all over the place? How many other RPG sites have interactive character creation?

I would like to seriously reccomend Gallant as a guest, he has an awesome accent, and actaully engineering knowledge. Although, you might have to wait until the booze drains out of him a little bit. XD

Wes said:
@all SARPtalk 8 and 9 are scheduled! If you want to get on the show, let me know! I'm looking for someone for the Sun, May 23 episode (SARPtalk 10).

Well, if you thought I could contribute something, I be willing to do one any week... with another person of course ^^;.

Jimmy said:
I would like to seriously reccomend Gallant as a guest, he has an awesome accent, and actaully engineering knowledge. Although, you might have to wait until the booze drains out of him a little bit. XD

If Gallant works for this navy, I second this nomination.... he be a great person to talk about aquatic technology with ^^.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back