Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Bloody Claws Second Period - A Trip through Adversity

Kaui paused a moment and looked around at everyone. "Did we even accept or did they assume we'd accept? I'm confused." She says idly, scratching her head. She however followed the group quietly, trying not to make to much of a scene. She wasn't one of strategy, but action, and she tried to let those who had better strategic ideas to discuss strategy.

Aka' smiled. "There are simulated support roles, in fact, a support person is able to negate the effect of our being taken out. Depending on the kind of game we are playing, are either out permanantly, or can be brought back up once. Think of it like a roleplaying game, where you have one extra life to go on, but the suits we wear will determine our level of injuries that we sustain during the skirmish. Those injuries can be healed, or at least reduced to a degree, with a support class. However, each team is limited on how many they can have depending on the size of the class. We can only have one," she held up a single finger. "We'll discuss our strategy once everyone is ready," she turend to Cy'jiro and said.

Then she turned to Kuai. "We accepted, kind of had no choice, it was on the schedule after all," the young Kit grinned as she walked into the co-ed locker room and began to get dressed. Other students in the class had already gotten dressed and were already waiting outside for Aka' and the rest.

"Maybe I should be support, I am studying to be a field doctor one day so even if this is just a sport event it would be good practice for me." He said but knew Aka was likely to be in charge of who dose what. He suited up and selected a pistol and a sword as his weapons ready for them to discuss strategy and who dose what."

Ra'chel, once ready with her choice of weapons and her two family swords, joined the rest of the group. She listened to the two talk about the upcoming match.

Kaui sighed a bit and began undressing where she was and putting her suit on, gathering her weapons, and her twin swords and sighed fixing her suit a bit. “Alright well lets get talking about strategy then I suppose...”

Cy'jiro gave a light nod to Aka' and then began getting dressed in his suit. "Are there any restrictions other than support? I'd like to avoid getting too direct with my fighting, I can't really stand up to a laibe in physical combat." As he spoke he looked around the dressing room, wondering if the weapons were stored there or further on.

Bu'lla meanwhile quickly put on his suit and loaded his weapons. Fur and tight bodysuits didn't work well together, causing the young Laibe to occasionally have to readjust bits on his body. Cricking his neck and muscles he turned to walk out of the room ready to save the day and ignoring the conscientious objectors as he slung his bow over his back.

"My suit's tight." he complained as he walked past. He wasn't class president yet, it was someone elses problem. For now.

Vin'cent sighed as he entered the dressing room, switching out his student's uniform for the tactical body-suit. He decided to stick with a rifle and his sword, both of which felt foreign and uncomfortable in his hands. "The rifle is a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to firearms. It seems like a good weapon for someone new to this sort of thing, surely." He followed the mass of students meandering to their staging ground, crossing his arms with the rifle cradling along his chest. He glanced over at Bu'lla upon hearing his comment. "I believe most of these are made for the sake of tightness, likely for some simulatory purpose in mind, of which I cannot even provide myself a hypothesis."

Once dressed, having picked out a heavy support role like setup for the match, Aka' walked out of the dressing room - her bodysuit was a crimson red and has a slight shine to it; but not enough that light would refract off it entirely. As she walked past the group, she slowed her pace a bit to look toward the far end of the dome - she could barely make out some people - possibly those incharge of overseeing the practice.

Suddenly the entire gray, dullish looking room shifted. The tiles changed color, as did everything around them, after a few seconds a shimmering town appeared out of no where - there was a large farm field on the outside of this town and there were simulated characters including people and animals that were on the farm. Aka' let out a low whisle as she looked around, there was even clouds above and a light holographic rain falling atop the group.

"Now this is nice... interesting town they choose though," the kit shifted her stance a bit, placing a hand on her thigh as she looked around once more.

Ra'chel blinked as everything changed within the confines of the room. She had heard of these rooms, but the military usually dominated them for training. Kata had told her a lot about these training buildings. It awed her to actually see one from the inside. Not from some vid.

She looked around with her eyes wide open and mouth slightly open. Only thing that was off was the rain as it didn't get her wet or soak into her uniform she had just put on.

Bu'lla surveyed the town, apparently casually, but behind the scenes taking in all the details he could. He sniffed nonchalantly and cricked his knuckles. There were a few ways he could have turned Vin'cents words into vulgar witticism, but he held back, getting his mind in to the game.

Bu'lla gently bounced on his heels, waiting to go. Rolling his shoulders as he thought.

"Alright, there should only be a few of them, so roll in groups. I'll run around and stab which ever ones I find, the rest of you cover me. If you can keep up." He said. No details, pretty simple. It was about all he could relay at the moment and expect them to follow.

Cy'jiro made his way out of the dressing room in a bodysuit as well. On his front right leg he had a short sword sheathed, and on his back he had a rifle mounted on a M.U.M unit. so that he could actually use it. He was focusing on staying light and agile so it was not an assault rifle he was using but something more like a hunting rifle, it was close to something he had actually used on occasion back home when wild animals were too close to the town.

Seeing everything change in appearance he looked a bit surprised. "It's a simulator? This school gets more and more impressive as the day continues." His attention turned to Bu'lla however with mention of his 'plan' and sighed. "I don't think they're going to separate, since we out number them. They probably expect us to break up and then they will crush each group. If they do separate it would mean that they are confident in their skills and likely know they can beat even our Laibe members."

"Why is it whenever you tell anyone to form smaller groups they immediately add 'and fan out' in their heads? Surely smaller groups mutually supporting each other would guard against a single burst taking out half the class and allow one of the other groups to take out whoever attacks." Bu'lla said aloud, dismissive, as though it hardly needed to be said.

Bu'lla's shoulders feel as he remembered he wasn't dealing with the athletes he was used to working with. Some of them seemed to have never even entered an ashe'fame game before, somehow. Bu'lla reconsidered his plan on finding the enemy first and attacking before they could enact whatever plan they might have, but the bunch would hardly be suitable to any sort of defense, either.

Kit'suki watched in amazement as slowly everything began to change around them in the room. "We get to use this type of a training arena? I guess it makes scene but I've not been in a simulation this detailed before." he said. Then Bulla came up with a plan and then tried defending it against critizim "I don't even think he wanted us in smaller groups." He said. He sounded like he wanted to solo as many people as he could while we just provid cover fire." he said before looking to Aka.

"What do you think our best course of action would be?" he asked the Class president. Fguring she would probably be the team leader

It seamed that everyone had their own ideas about how to strike at their opponents. Ra'chel stood there taking in the awesome display of technology. Her mind was thinking of all other applications this could be used for. She hadn't moved from her spot where she could observe others and what was going on around her.

Vin'cent's jaw dropped and so did his stomach. Kit'suki put it best when he stated that sims like this seemed like a mile away from civilian amusement. He glanced at his rifle with a look of nervousness, as he was far, far out of his element. He looked up to see Ra'chel looking around with a look of interest. He decided that he should stick with someone familiar and stay out of the discussion, as he had almost no experience in tactics. He slid into position next to her, nervous expression remaining. "I must admit I... Am not comfortable with this." His voice was barely above a whisper as his eyes darted from window to window in the village, expecting to already catch sight of the class's opponents.

"I agree with ya, Vin'cent. I'd rather be stuck n some boring lecture." Ra'chel whispered back. Awaiting to see what happened next.

Kaui hit Bu’lla over the head with her fist rather lightly compared to normal and sighed lightly. “Look, we don’t know the situation, and you’re idea is to run around blindly and stab people? We should first scout out the situation then we should come up with a plan. Being a hunter, and being good at stealth, I suggest that I go and check the area. I’ll keep in contact through radio communication, and you guys can finalize plans once I find the council and study what they are doing. Running in blind will get us beaten.” She said firmly towards Bu’lla and anyone else who decided to run ahead.

Bu'lla's ears folded back in annoyance as he was punched, again, at least the second time that day. His body held unnaturally still as Kaui made her position.

"It was hardly blind." he grumbled in reply. "And we didn't all have to rush"

Aka' thought about that, rubbing her chin curious with one hand while tapping the top of her sword hilt with the other. "The council may have newbies in this, but so do we, the rules they have put in place," she swiped her hand through the air to generate a holographic window that showed a set of rather simple rules. "Means that they aren't interested in a serious fight, I'm wondering if they are trying to test us.. but for what..." the Kit's voice fell low as she continued to think about it.

Then, sighed and turned toward the class. "We won't run in blindly, swinging our swords and firing our guns wildly. This may be the council, they may be new, but that doesn't mean they'll be easy to take out. Remember that this town," Aka' turned toward the town, her hand outward from her chest as if she were addressing the town itself. "Is a battle that involved the Regime and the Federation, where a small group of Federation civilians managed to beat back several dozen battle hardened Regime soldiers using only outdated weapons. The buildings can be used to our advantage, so to can any of the objects in the battle area."

"Thus, we'll scout it out first. One person goes ahead of the rest, look for them, find them, but do not engage them. Figure out what weaponry they are using and then we can figure out a strategy against them. But remember, they will likely have one of their own scouting for us," Aka' said and turned fully toward the town. This skirmish, she felt, was more than just a battle between the council and the Bloody Claws - no - she wondered if there was another meaning behind it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back