• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Should we adopt a resource point system for shipbuilding?

Should the Starship Resource Point system be developed and implemented?

• Yes, player-versus-player conflicts need tangible resources. We need SRPS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I prefer that GMs make up ship numbers as they see fit.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes.

My proposed adjustments: Computer cost is only for quantum and other advanced computers. Basic nav computers will not be counted, since every ship has to have one. Also, subspace and radio communications should not be counted, since all ships have them that they're cheap.

Fighters, shuttles, and power armors can me produced in batches of ten (where the cost would otherwise be calculated normally), reducing their cost per individual armor.

Crataeis

Item Point Cost

CDD Engine or CFS 2100
Hyperspace Drive 900
Sublight Engine 77
Main Gun Battery 175
Secondary Guns 450
Point-Defense Guns 180 (45 x 4)
Main Generator 400
Secondary generators 200
Environmental Systems 29
Computer 100
Armour 2100
Sensor/Communications System 200
Shield Systems 3800 (6, 6, 7)

Total: 10,911

I'm assuming this discussion led to the idea that made the DR ratings and the entirety of size rules and stuff, but man is it one of those topics that has always irked me. Math is fun, but the inclusion of statistics is where people can start to cheese for numerical value. It's been something that's drove me off most roleplay sites, as I'm not looking at them as a game but as a story (in comparison to all my DnD-esque tabletop games).

Still, shows that people wanted to do PvP. It's not the most fun interaction type (since you tend to have arguments at times), but it's one of the types that matter/have importance.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back