• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Gaming Star Trek Online

I made a Romulan on the test server. I'm pretty impressed.

I get most of my energy credit from space combat. Fighting intensive foundry missions such as "Battleship Royal Rumble" yields some of that. There's also the Tau Dewa patrols, in which you get to fight several waves of enemy ships solo.

Special Task Force missions are another possible source, but the loot being split between five players doesn't make it quite as lucrative - however, there's a chance for significantly better drops, and you get dillithium on each run too.

There's also the "Tour the Galaxy" event, which supposedly yields a lot of EC. The more sectors you cover within that span of time, the more energy credits you'll see in return. If you've got a fast ship, I hear you can make over one-million energy credits doing that.

Then there's the Pay-to-Win approach. If you choose to purchase Zen, you can use it to purchase lockbox keys and then sell them on the Exchange - each goes for about 1.4 million if you slightly undersell them (people either buy them to open lockboxes, or play the economy and try to sell them at a slightly higher price than they bought them).

Star Army's fleet how has dilithium mine projects going. We're trying to unlock some discounts for the starbase and embassy.

I'll be working on some pve games to get fleet marks to help out as soon as I am able to.

Oh and don't forget about the event on Risa. Even hardened warriors and such need shore leave once in awhile. :D

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/1b/0a/1b0a963b0fe8e023bc504900db52b12e1381948772.jpg death roves in packs apparently.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/ee/a1/eea10cb2bf0c6339e9608a657aa0595a1381948733.jpg Look at the cute T-rex with the battle armor, sharp and pointy teeth and the frikkin' laser beams on its head. And this is when it isn't trying to murder you in the face.

and here is the song that sums up what I think of this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il85E-ms-44

The info on the dino-weapons can be found on the dev blog here.
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1004711

Whoa, that's pretty wild! I'm impressed how awesome it is.

Been testing the other things pertaining to the dyson sphere and I have found it very interesting. There is a battle zone where you have to capture an entire city by capturing strategic zones and the Voth will try to prevent it. Once you capture the city they will spawn a final boss or something and defeating it gives you complete control. Now I may be wrong about some of this.

The military forces that the voth have are dangerous. I was trying to capture a point and one of my away team went down just as a mech spawned. I tried to get over to my bridge officer to revive him but the shield that the voth mech used pushed me away from him and this was while I was taking effective artillery fire from Voth gun emplacements. It did not end well at all for me and my away team even with all of the abilities we had at our disposal. Needless to say, this is not something that you can do alone and you will need some serious help from other players to capture points across the map.

I've been having some issues with my computer overheating lately and it's preventing me from using any high-end graphics games, including STO, so I haven't been on much.

I've been having some issues with my computer overheating lately and it's preventing me from using any high-end graphics games, including STO, so I haven't been on much.
You check your fans? Might need to dust the electronics. If that stuff builds up it'll run hotter.

Although I think it can depend, I've had it where my fans were completely cogged with cat hair (glares at his cat) but the comp still ran rather cool. Depends on the components and where the computer is I feel. For me, the computer used to heat up a lot when I had it 'on' my desk, but now that I have it 'under' the desk it stays rather cool.

So, you may want to try placement Wes. Although in the end, when I was down there, I probably should've offered to look at your computer :)

I'm pretty sure I've repaired a lot more laptops than you. I could be wrong, though. I actually already ordered a specially-machined copper shim set for the graphics card and some ICD7. The problem is I'm on SARP so much I never have time to disassemble the laptop. And, because it's winter, I am somewhat concerned about electrostatic discharge even though I have a wrist strap. I guess I'm more nervous because it's my own computer instead of a workplace one, and this is the only one I got.

The laptop has been patched up, replacing the thermal pads with copper shims and diamond heat paste and the operation was a success. The computer runs 20 degrees (F) cooler now and I can play STO again.

I got on recently for the 4th anniversary event and started a ton of fleet projects. In particular, we really need to get our fleet spire to T1 so we can start provisioning. There's some really great items available, but we need provisions for them to get them. Also, our fleet starbase is about to finally get T3. I just finished the last shipyard project needed to start upgrading it. By midnight tonight, we will have completed 8 projects. This costs a lot of resources (I spent over 20 million EC on the fleet last night alone) and I would really appreciate some help with it.

I also have Matt a promotion in fleet rank to officer.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back