• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Gaming Star Trek Online

Investigate Officer Reports

We have our starbase almost to tier 1, we just need a bunch of fleet marks and I seem to be working alone now.

No it wasn't, otherwise I'd be rolling in fleet marks from easy foundry missions.

For the Daily Officer Reports, it has been. Do them, and you get 50 Fleet Marks. Those are in the default rewards, actually. Then you pick either the level appropriate item or the dilithium.

Wes said:
No it wasn't, otherwise I'd be rolling in fleet marks from easy foundry missions.

They were in the patch notes almost a month or two ago. :3

I'll be working on getting fleet marks before I donate. I want to be able to donate a bit more than I do. Right now I am having a bit of a computer issue but when it is fixed I will be on it like white on rice.

I'll be on Tribble tonight testing some of the new content.

I could use a hand with our fleet starbase and embassy projects. For a while I've been the only one putting into them. We are starting to get within reach of tier 2 on the starbase.

Wes, I'm not going to suggest that you throw away the work you've done on your fleet and starbase... but it seems obvious to me that it's largely effort done mostly by you, mostly interesting only you as well.

It's bound to make you feel bitter. I don't want to devalue what you've done so far, but I think you're spending far too much time alone on this thing. I think you need to be part of something else, which would be larger, and would allow you to to play with people and enjoy the content of STO without feeling you're going at it alone. The SARP fleet hasn't been doing that for you.

You should have tons of fleet credit by now, right? So, here's my suggestion: have one of your alts be in command position of the fleet, and kick your main out. My fleet, the 12th Fleet, is active, tries to hold group activities, and has a much more fleshed out starbase - when they next handout personnal requisitions (they're rationed monthly to make sure everyone has a chance to grab some) you would be able to use up those hard earned fleet credits.

My goal isn't to get you into the fleet so the 12th has one more body, mind you ^_^;

It's much more a matter of me being in it, so I know what it has, and I've a fair idea, having been in your unfortunately 'ghostly' fleet, of what you're missing out on. Any other fleet would do, but I'm sure of what the 12th has, and would offer you if you'd join it. Can't speak for others, though.

I know you'll look at this and inwardly protest "but that would just make all I've done so far useless". I've no way of pacifying that kind of concern. But I don't have a feeling that for everything you've sacrificed and worked for that you've gotten a rewarding return for it. You could stubbornly keep going, but I think it's more important for you to just have fun in the first place.

Think about it.

I've ground out a fair bit for the fleet but the Star Trek universe is, well, not that interesting to me. Hence my periods of on and off.

I've completed our Starbase Tier 2 project - in 4 days we'll have a bigger better starbase with more features. Once we get to the next level of engineering, we'll finally have fleet starship weapons unlocked which will be a huge benefit.

Wes said:
I've completed our Starbase Tier 2 project - in 4 days we'll have a bigger better starbase with more features. Once we get to the next level of engineering, we'll finally have fleet starship weapons unlocked which will be a huge benefit.

Been out of the loop for awhile. What exactly does this mean, Wes?

It means we'll be able to create some of the best weapons in the game.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back