• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC The Fringe - Discussion

he is more how I envisioned him when I first started off designing him in my head.

though now i think mini ship looking turrets along his back that work as an array, would do about the same damage as an NSP.

@Centurion0507 - Oreza landed more beneath the ship than to the side, and broke his leg. He was actually closer to where the ventral loading ramp is lowered, from which Shrie just dropped. Are you sure you really want to have Tam pick him up, wade through the drones, and throw him into the cargo bay? Shrie is available to help now, and it seems like there are several more practical (and less potentially harmful) solutions. :)

All players, please remember to put a location header on your posts if it takes place in a location different from the one immediately preceding it. I put one on all of mine, just to be safe. :)

@ShotJon, @Centurion0507 -

I'd like at least one post from each of you sometime today if possible, RPing the situation in the cargo bay. I set you up for a starting point: another drone was tossed out of hiding and just flipped on its back, leaving Shrie one to dispose of, but very soon after that, the roller-coaster ride starts. Give me your best scenes describing their attempts to ride out the rough ride in the recent JP, remembering that it ends with the ship losing thrust and artificial gravity temporarily, and plummeting sideways to the moon's surface before Amelia gets the engines back online!

All players -

We will be wrapping up this mission before the weekend is over, followed by some travel down-time before they head to their next destination. Be thinking about any "off-duty" interactions you'd like to have with any or all of the crew members aboard - this will be a perfect opportunity for some character development! :)

I apologize for my absence over the weekend - what was supposed to be a three-hour play-date/babysitting session turned into an all-weekend sleepover! I'll have a post up before this afternoon.

@Riko - thank you for posting yesterday! :)

Last edited:
All, the Chapter 3.0 thread is now locked.

Another RP thread will be open shortly, taking place less than an hour after 3.0 ends, and immediately after the ship leaves the atmosphere. This will be purely a character development thread, detailing crew interactions, preparations and planning, as well as travel to the next destination. Sienna will be delegating some minor duties, but among some of the things that the characters can take this opportunity to do are:
  1. Collect their nerves
  2. Clean up the cargo bay
  3. Treat injuries
  4. Discuss amongst themselves what they have just gone through
  5. Get to know Tam and/or Shrie
This is a prime opportunity for JPs and private discussions, so I'd love to see more conversations and interactions between the crew before we move on. Get involved with your fellow players (and me as well!) and flesh out the niche your character fits into.

Remember than relationships between the PCs, be they good, bad, or amusing are what draws everyone in and makes this story more unique and interesting!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back