• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Rejected Submission VDTF Orbital Defense Star Fortress

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thanks for handling so much of this submission, Wes. It means a great deal to me.

Reactions: Wes
Heya, looking good. You have done a great deal of work on this submission. You have dealt with a lot during it. I commend you for those things. Tomorrow night it will get approved if there's nothing else here to iron out.

How you're buying it needs to be on the location page, not on this submission if I understand Wes correctly. Also, the Vekimen may only build one of these until they control another star system.

Last edited:
Heya, looking good. You have done a great deal of work on this submission. You have dealt with a lot during it. I commend you for those things. Tomorrow night it will get approved if there's nothing else here to iron out.

How you're buying it needs to be on the location page, not on this submission if I understand Wes correctly. Also, the Vekimen may only build one of these until they control another star system.

Can you tell me why you once again are telling me this? It was pointless and condescending the last time, given I demonstrated I know the military build up, and I not only told you over skype that I am aware I can only make one, but I also told Wes that I could build one not a couple posts ago. And now you tell me again with an underline? Ametheliana. I know the military build up. Restating it after we have had that conversation, once again directed at me, is, rude and condescending. You are being rude and condescending. Consider this a formal complaint.

I'm just restating important facets of what's already been said. I'm not trying to condescend or belittle you, not in the least. I added the content in question as an afterthought because it went with stating again.

I wanted to say that about the how of it as a way to double check that I had interpreted your conversation with Wes correctly.

I included the military buildup because a few times you referred to another or few of these.

I think I'm the future I'll keep myself from working on your submissions, if that is alright with everyone.

I'm just restating important facets of what's already been said. I'm not trying to condescend or belittle you, not in the least. I added the content in question as an afterthought because it went with stating again.

No, you are making them obvious as if I don't know them.

I am saying that in the future there is the potential that more can be made. As of right now, there is only ever going to be the one. This was made as a generic station. I'm not in the mind that I can get away with making more than one of these, but in the future that might be a possibility. This is a technical page. Once I get the technical page out of the way, I will make the Settings page.

I don't know what part of this can be viewed as "The fact you can only build one right now needs to be restated" because while you think you are doing your job, it's pretty obvious I am aware. I am the one that needs to understand this stuff, and abide by the rules. I have shown I understand and will abide by the rules. Your insistence that you need to restate these things is rude and condescending. If you cannot handle the idea that you are going above and beyond the call of duty to a near level of total arrogance then IDK what to tell you.

You could have easily said "Alright, we all understand this, this will be approved later in the evening unless anything else comes up"

If someone came in and asked "How many can he build" up to and including me, then you could have restated it but as far as we are now, it is pretty obvious I am fully aware I can only make one. Everyone in this thread, because I have this sick sense that everyone is watching this thread pretty closely, knows I am aware I can only make one.

Edto, chill. It's a 'wrap up' statement she made. It's not actually for you. It's for anyone who looks at the thread. So the last thing said explains that only one can be made atm, so people don't go "I don't think multiple of these can be built" and complain about that.

Edto, chill. It's a 'wrap up' statement she made. It's not actually for you. It's for anyone who looks at the thread. So the last thing said explains that only one can be made atm, so people don't go "I don't think multiple of these can be built" and complain about that.
They can read the last entire page. If people have questions we can answer them. I've told her multiple times on multiple forums she doesn't need to address it. It's obvious, it's been stated multiple times. I made a complaint directly to her in the past and she acknowledged it. It doesn't need to be a follow u statement.

It was said at the beginning of this thread, it was mentioned very recently before her latest post. I have shown I understand it and will abide by the rules. Until I try to make more of these, no one really has anything to complain about anyway in regard to making more than one.

They can read the last entire page. If people have questions we can answer them. I've told her multiple times on multiple forums she doesn't need to address it. It's obvious, it's been stated multiple times. I made a complaint directly to her in the past and she acknowledged it. It doesn't need to be a follow u statement.

It was said at the beginning of this thread, it was mentioned very recently before her latest post. I have shown I understand it and will abide by the rules. Until I try to make more of these, no one really has anything to complain about anyway in regard to making more than one.
It's habit most likely, as I do those kind of statements in other places. Also as has been proven multiple times, many people will comment without actually reading everything. And while yes we can explain everything to them, we've all got better things to do with our time than literally reexplain things that were already discussed, over and over. So it's a preemptive step to try and minimize the need for that.

It's habit most likely, as I do those kind of statements in other places. Also as has been proven multiple times, many people will comment without actually reading everything. And while yes we can explain everything to them, we've all got better things to do with our time than literally reexplain things that were already discussed, over and over. So it's a preemptive step to try and minimize the need for that.
Well then she could word it better. The start of the line is directed at me, which means untl she says otherwise I am the subjects. I am the target of the statement.

" Edto, this will be approved later tonight. Just so everyone knows, only one can be made until there is a new system"

Wow, look how that addresses everyone and not just me?

I told her she needs to watch how she words things. That was my initial complaint when she tried to use the "I was trying to make it clear to everyone" excuse. It was a statement directed t me, and only me. Hell, "Just so everyone knows, you can only make one until you have a new system" would have been another way to make it more of a "Conclusionary' statement.

Okay, it's not worded in the best way possible. But there's no need to take offense at that. Ame is just trying to do her job and make sure everything is transparent. If she wanted to be condescending there's a lot more effective ways to do it. Repetition is just a moderation practice people pick up since this is the internet, and people don't read everything. If it's something you already know then okay, it's for everyone else. If it's something that you didn't know then you and the mod got different ideas out of the same thing and it needs to be discussed.

Okay, it's not worded in the best way possible. But there's no need to take offense at that. Ame is just trying to do her job and make sure everything is transparent. If she wanted to be condescending there's a lot more effective ways to do it. Repetition is just a moderation practice people pick up since this is the internet, and people don't read everything. If it's something you already know then okay, it's for everyone else. If it's something that you didn't know then you and the mod got different ideas out of the same thing and it needs to be discussed.

I take offence because this is not the first time I told her. If it's a common mod practice then she needs to sit down and think about who she is talking to and who she is trying to address. She could even make a list of the facts. That would be better even.

In conclusion
  • How this station is afforded should be on the location page
  • Only one can be built at this time by the Vekimen as er the MBL
  • Whatever other points need to be solidified.
And if instead of taking these complaints into consideration and moving to change as we tech submitters are expected to do when NTSE mods make criticisms and complaints about aspects of our submissions, she decides to stand on a basis of "I am only doing this" make and excuse and then decide to leave then oh well, her choice. She's knew, and this is a complaint. She needs to refine her professional approach. This is complaint number two for the same issue in one thread.

Mods aren't robots Edto, they're not going to do it perfectly every time. There was no malic in her statement and I'm pretty sure no harm was done, so what gain is there in being offended by it even after she says it wasn't meant to be condescending? Misunderstandings happen and there's no problem there but once it's been explained to be a misunderstanding there's no point in stressing over it anymore.

Edto you've said what you needed to say about my conclusion statement and I'd like it if you can leave it be. I wanted to state it for everyone and whether or not you think I should have, I did.

I hear your complaint and will look to the future with how I can avoid receiving one like this, again.

Further, thank you Syaoran for clearing it up as best you could.

This does not need to go on any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back