Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Werewolf Game (RP-ed!)

Gerry finished collecting up the supplies on the list. He placed them in the backpack, shouldered it,and slipped quitely back out into the nearest alleyway. He pulled open his phone to double check his list. He saw the missed call and voicemail from Leigh. He listened to it and changed his course towards the meeting spot with a text to his wife to let her know he was alright.

The ute screeched to a stop at the lights, Cripple Creek blarring out of crackly speakers. Taking the opportunity he pulled a map from his lap onto the steering wheel. “Why do these city folk need so many streets anyway?” he asked out loud, rotating the map a few times in confusion “Is an inch a one mile or ten on this map? Which way's North?” Finally in frustration he flicked the map onto the the passenger seat and waited for the lights to go green.

Diana fixed the weight of her backpack. She looked both ways as she walked into the street watching a person curse under their breath standing by a building. She allowed her self to smile and say hello to only get a curse and a hiss back so she continued on her way towards Leigh’s. She didn’t really like the idea of everyone in a small place; not with what was happening. “I guess there’s protection in numbers.” She mumbled as she made it to Leigh’s seeing Amato hesitating to go in.

Amato leaned out, and smiled slightly when he saw Diana. So he knew at least one of the people who was coming to Leigh's house. That was nice. He waved at her as she came closer, but kept looking around, seeing if anyone else was near enough to see. He rolled his neck, and shrugged, stepping out to meet her as he did when he saw no one else.

Gerry peeked around the corner before dashing out of the back alley. He saw one person standing by a building while another walked over to him. As he drew nearer he recognized them from the rally. He smiled and hurried on over to them.

Diana smiled and wave at Amato as he stepped out towards her. As she stopped she saw Gerry and smiled towards him giving him a little nod as a silent hello. She felt better being around familiar faces in the scary situation. Though she knew she could handle an attacker. She placed the backpack against the wall and stretched her arms over her head. “So shall we knock or wait for the others?”

"Too late." Leigh said, stepping out of his home. "I know you're here -- come on in, guys. We have a lot to talk about."

The man beckoned with one hand, holding the door open with the other. "Anyone else who's coming can knock. Slim, make sure that thing is locked before you come in."

Amato smiled, and turned to face Leigh, nodding in greeting. He glanced back behind him one last time, checking for anyone else before stepping towards the door. He waited for the others to enter first though. Diana because of the whole 'Ladies first' thing, Bob because, well, why take chances if you don't have to.

Venicus quickly made his way to the house. When he neared it he peered around and noticed an oddly large group at the house. This made him slightly uncomfortable and he tightened his grip on his package. He set a fast walking pace as he closed the distance to the house. Once he was there he stuck his foot in the doorway. "Don't forget about me," he growled to the person holding the door open. He shuffled his way inside, nodding to Leigh as he entered.

“Well that answers that.” Diana turned around at Leigh’s voice. She reached over to the backpack and swung it onto her shoulder as she went into the home. Turning around she watched Amato carefully. Trying to figure out if he was being polite or cautious crossed her mind. She shook off the thought quickly as she glanced at Bob.

((Why were people looking at ol' SlimBob, he hasn't even arrived yet. <.<))

A ute pulled up in front of the house, the engine coughed a few times as it turned off, the door squeaked open and shut shut with a bang as the last attendant of the little gathering arrived. Bob looked at the group standing inside for a second, stuck his thumbs into his belt and said “Well don't you folks look nothing less then suspicious...” looking up slightly he noticed the host “Hey Leigh,” pronouncing it 'Lay' “what's up with this here kerfuffel?”

"It's Lee, Bobby. Get inside and I'll tell you -- lock up your car, alright?" Leigh said.

((OOC: Sorry about that.))

Venicus backed into one of the corners where he didn't have to watch his back and could survey the entire room. He gave people a dark look and after a moment opened up his package a crack, pulled out the baseball bat, and tossed it to Leigh. "Here, a present," he grunted.

Surprised, Leigh caught it, and immediately set it against the closest wall.

"C'mon, guys. We have a lot to talk about." Leigh held it open long enough for everyone to get in, and then locked it from the inside as it closed.

He led everyone into the adjacent living room, and sat in a big, cushioned chair to one side of the TV. There was a 3-seater couch in the middle and two other chairs -- one a Rocking Chair -- on the other side.

"Alright. So I guess you're all wondering why you're here and..." Leigh rubbed the back of his head. "... well, I knew you all wanted out of Wellseburg. So how about we escape?"

Amato's eyebrows went up. While he HAD been thinking about trying to get out, he hadn't expecting this. He shrugged, and found a spot to stand. "I have no objections to leaving. The group's size maybe, but not leaving,"

Diana fallowed the others into the other room and sat on the couch to one side with her legs crossed over and her backpack at her feet. She listened to Leigh, crooking her head to one side as she waited for him to finish. “Sounds like a great idea.” She nodded at the idea.

((OOC: Sorry about the mess up and the slow reply. ))

Slim Bob raised an eyebrow at the group, his eyes sweeping over them “Y'all crazy if you do this.” he said “Unless someone come up with more than a few vagabonds an' a baseball bat, this gonna be easy pickin's for them army dudes.”

At the mention of needing better equipment, Venicus grinned. He opened his package, pulling out a double-barreled shotgun and dropping the box to the ground. "Well speak of the devil, more than a baseball bat." He looked around the room, keeping his cautious, yet aggressive stare. "And a few 'vagabonds' will work with the right transportation. I know everything there is to know about automotives and, if someone can buy me enough time, I'm sure i could hot-wire a Humvee and sneak everyone past the soldiers."

"No. That's too risky -- we won't be doing it tonight." Leigh said. "I have a friend in the Army. He's trying to arrange an error in some patrols later in the week."

Leigh scratched the back of his head again, a seemingly nervous gesture. "When it happens, he'll give me a call and tell me the night, and we can escape... But there's a catch."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back