Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Werewolf Game (RP-ed!)

“What type of military guy goes around sabotaging his own so that his friends can escape? Not like I am whining about the chance to get out of here. I just want to know how much I can trust this person if his own can’t trust him.” Diana said leaning forward as she fiddled with the straps on her backpack. “I just don’t want to get back stabbed on my way out of the hell.”

Amato's hand moved quickly to his belt when Venicus pulled out the shotgun, relaxing only slightly and moving his hand away when he decided it wasn't intended to be used on them. Sighing at how jumpy he was, he slumped back against the wall. When Diana asked her question, he smiled, though it wasn't a very nice smile. He knew the answer to that, whether he liked it or not. "Because he wants out just as badly as we do. And no one in their right mind would try for it alone, so he wants in with a group that's going to try it. It's the only sensible thing to do. Plus, he can pick who to go with, because he can provide a decent advantage to whomever he goes with if he so chooses."

“Okay, one shotgun, a band of vagabonds , a catch, and a baseball bat...” said Bob unconvinced “I wouldn't push those odds at the ponies.” he finished, crossing his arms, and raising an eyebrow at the weapon. “Well, lets hear the rest of it then?”

"We have to try and kill this guy... He's some sort of government agent, and he'll kill him and us, and all of our families if we try to escape."

Leigh looked down guiltily. "And it's someone in this room."

Bob blinked twice slowly before sighing “And here I thought I'd had my quota of whacked out conspiracy's for this year.” he said evenly, shaking his head. “Now all we need is for everyone to pull a gun out and we're about set for group homicide. Way to bring that up, Layth.”

“Now this is going to get a little tricky now isn’t it?” Diana stopped fiddling with her backpack and sat up straight. “All I want to do is to get out of this place in one piece and that just put a damper on it all.” She scratched the back of her neck as she thought about each person carefully. “So what do we do about our little problem and how are we sure his a government agent? Never been a fan of placing that sort of deed on people who control my money.”

Gerry whistled. "Kill him? How are we supposed to figure out which one us he is anyway?" Gerry glanced around the room suspiciously. His gaze finally rested on the shotgun. "Well, if the agent is in this room then I would suggest putting this where we all can get an equal opportunity to grab it." with that being said he reached over with one hand to gesture for the weapon.

Venicus gripped his weapon tighter at the mention of a traitor in the group. Then again, he couldn't really call them a traitor since no one knew anyone and they weren't working together...yet. When the snob across the room asked for his gun he snorted. "There's no equal opportunity to grab it if you're the agent and just pull a gun on us the moment i set this down. The way I see it, I'm the only one in this room that's armed," he cocked the shotgun, "and I intend to keep it that way. No one is gonna get the slip on me just because I let my guard down."

Venicus pondered what he said and then added, "Although I will do this..." He lowered the weapon and placed the barrel on the floor, folding the gun up by the butt. "There, now I still have my gun, and it will take several seconds before I could raise the gun, aim, and fire. This way if I try and pull a fast one, you guys know you'll have a enough time to draw weapons. Because we all know I'm not the only one armed. Clearly mister jumpy over there has a gun 'cus he reached for his side the moment a pulled this baby out."

"Pfft, with the recent string of murders, who doesn't carry a bit of protection, I left Old Reliable in Betsy out front." Silm Bob retorted, defending Amato. "So," he sat down on the floor and leaned back, appearing to relax "what's your evidence, Layth? It better be pretty damn good to drag us into a room and put us at each others throats."

Amato smiled, and spoke softly. "More to the point, carrying protection and being willing to use it is prudent in such situations, not 'jumpy'. I have no problem with anyone having weapons, I do have a problem with weapons I don't know about. Just a matter of principle, you see." He looked around at everyone in the room. "However, I am interested to hear how exactly you propose to figure out who this 'agent' is, since I really doubt they would simply reveal themselves if we ask nicely."

Gerry raised an eyebrow at the snappy retort but said nothing more on the subject. His mind went to his only pitiful piece of protection in his pack, a telescoping police baton he had grabbed from an old pawn shop. "So if we're being honest about our protection lemme grab mine. He reached into his pack to pull out the collapsed baton. "This would be mine" he set it on the table nearest to him.

Diana sat there watching the men bit at each others neck. “My question is how do you know he is in the room? If you know this it means you have an idea on who he is otherwise why invite him or anyone here? Why risk the death of yourself, unless you are a fool and aren’t thinking out for yourself like the rest of the gun swinging men around here.” Diana leaned back crossing her arms across her chest. “And if you’re like that I’d rather take the risk of leaving by myself then with a fool.” She glanced over at Amato and Venicus and than to Gerry. "We all got dirty little secretes hidden away. It makes us human."

"I agree with the broad, I was better off in my own little corner than with some guy who decides to convince me to escape along with an agent who will kill me if I escape. The way I see it this guy has no reason to bother me if I walk out that door and choose not to be involved in this conspiracy." Venicus thought carefully about his options. "And also, based off what the broad said, you would have to know who this guy was to know he his here. Even if you knew it was one of use, but not sure who, it wouldn't take a genius to know to invite other people and not us. Which leads me the the conclusion, how do we know that you're not the agent and you didn't invite us all here to take us out." He picked his shotgun back off the ground and held it firmly. He knew, with accusations flying around, it wouldn't be long before someone guessed right and the agent got nervous and pulled a weapon.

Gerry saw Venicus grab for his shotgun, grabbed for his baton, snapped it out and held a combative stance. " Don't be so hastey man," gerry said calmly."We don't know you aren't the agent sent here to kill us. You do have the best weapon for close range out of all of us."

Leigh didn't arm himself, or even seem to get nervous, he just calmly began explaining things.

"First off, even if you don't try here, you protested against the Military. He has a reason to kill all of us just for that." Leigh grunted, slowly standing.

"Secondly, I don't know who -- I just know it's one of you, and that the Agent has to either be dead or found out. If we do that, my friend will let us through, and we can go. Because even if it wasn't a requirement, the Agent would hunt us all down or call the Military to hunt us all down past the city limits. Don't be surprised to hear about a few people found shot in the middle of the night by tomorrow morning."

"Third, if you want to stay here with a murderer that has the military scared as hell, go right ahead. Please. One more body between me and that freak is all the better."

Leigh sighed. "If you all don't trust me, and want to kill me, go ahead. You want to kill each other, go ahead. Have at it outside my house. I'm sure you could explain everything away to the soldiers." He shot a glare at Venicus. "But otherwise, put the damn weapons down."

Shaking his head, Leigh stepped across the room to the curtain-covered window. "You guys can stay the night, sorry for keeping you past curfew. The girl can take my bed, I'll sleep in this room. There are two other bedrooms, and this room plus the lounge room have couches or carpet. Have at it -- raid the fridge as you like."

Leigh took two steps to his right and opened the closet, and then began pulling out blankets and pillows. "If any of you decide by morning that the risk is worth it to try and escape, we'll talk about it then."

Venicus hesitated before he lowered his weapon. "I say we room in pairs and bar the doors to our rooms. That way no one can get into your room without making a lot of noise. And, if in the morning we find someone dead, we know to blame their partner. It will help keep us alive...for now."

Slim looked at the current company from his spot on the floor, “Yeah, I think I'll sleep in Betsy instead.” he decided “No one I'd sleep next to here, except the lady, and that's not moral.” He eyed the increasing number of weapons that had been appearing in the room, before standing up and walking to the kitchen “They say we have a lot of guns, but you city folk are cra-azy. Now, where's some tucker you don't need to reheat?”

“Thank you Leigh for the room.” Diana nodded towards him and than looked at the other. “Don’t blame you Slim but it is probably safer in here with the Agent than outside with a murder running around.” She lifted up her backpack and placed it in her lap as she wrapped her arms around it. “I say do as you think you have better luck with, even if it means sleeping in a vehicle or locking the door in some way. I will be protecting myself in my sleep. Things you learn in a dorm and on your own come in handy.” Diana finally stood up and looked at Leigh. “Where is the bedroom?”

Gerry lowered his baton a little sheepishly. "Yea you all are probably right." he looked over at Venicus. "So how are we dividing up the rooms?" then smiled at Slim's question. " I just picked some stuff up at the grocery store. If you don't mind all organic stuff. My wife and I are big on health."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back