• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC YSS Ryūjō: Into the Unknown

And that's Mission 2, everyone. I'll summarize the state of things at the beginning of Mission 3, if we get enough players to start with.

My post doesn't explain what, if any nonverbal cues are coming from Sibyl while she speaks to Fyodor. Partly that's because I'd prefer not to impose that on her, but mostly because it might be more fun if Fyodor fills in the blanks. Paranoia is fun, right?

Okay, so how much detail do you want? Can I just hit the highlights and hand wave doing a whole report on the episode or no?

This is just a debriefing, they're generally conversations only a few minutes long. A full report could come later, in writing. It's not about the highlights, exactly, but you're speaking to the captain; she only wants to hear the most important details. 15 minutes is the most time Fyodor could expect her to devote to him.

@Samanthia, we should have more players soon, but in the meantime, is there anyone in specific you'd like Errowyn to have a chance to chat with in the mess hall?

Okay! I'm read up now, and ready to get stuck in!

The best plot explanation I can find for Eisei's involvement is that she might have been part of that team in the simulation chamber that got blown up by the invisible grenade. The one with the 'extra cat-like' neko. She survived with moderate injuries, and is now perhaps being assigned as a personal assistant/bodyguard to Fyodor? Gorganis could well want her around to secretly judge Fyodor's actions as a character witness, too.

That sound good to everyone?

Erm, mind explaining why Fyodor was busted down to FNG? I'm fine with it, so long as there's a reason behind it.

It's a one-rank demotion, since he was Santo Hei to begin with. The bigger half of it is that it's a big deal to SAINT that their conditioning works as intended, so he can't be an operative until that's resolved. The Ryujo needs infantry, and they have reason to doubt Fyodor can do his job (since he stabbed and blew up the one prisoner the crew managed to take, apparently for no reason---for some, it's even worth considering he might have sabotaged the crew deliberately.) He's effectively on probation.

Since he's not trained as infantry (or as anything other than a SAINT operative), it makes sense to give him a trainee rank for non-disciplinary reasons as well. If it helps put things in perspective, around seven or eight one-rank demotions took place after the battle, along with at least that many one-rank promotions and a few two-rank promotions in addition. No one was demoted two ranks, although one or two crew members might be in the brig. The crew has less than eighty members.

Well, I actually got permission from Rhysis when I first jumped in to make him an Itto Hei, so that'd be a three rank demotion. Again, still fine with me, and makes sense now that I get why. XD I'm fine with being removed from SAINT, so long as I can get him back in without having to get permission from anyone but the GM (Navian) to do so.

Oh, did I miss that again? I think I remember messing up his rank before... Yeah, since this plot is several months behind the rest of the site by now, it would make perfect sense for Fyodor to be Itto Hei again by the time he joined any other plot.

I don't run SAINT, so as long as Fyodor is still FM-approved (and I don't see why he wouldn't be) he'd be able to get back in offscreen automatically after the mission, even if he stayed in this plot (although it's unlikely I'll still be GM after this mission, BloodyScarlet will likely take over).

A three rank demotion is implausible, so I can revise that to Santo Hei.

BloodyScarlet was the previous GM, the captain is her PC. I also have nothing planned for after the third act of the three-act show we just finished 'Act One' of. Mind you, finishing that will probably take all year if not longer at this rate.

Hmmm oh, Navian, did you catch wind of my character revisions?

(I'm sorry about basically dropping out of the plot before I even joined, by the way... Trying to actually get in properly now...)

I did not. The new skill section helps me much more, thanks.

If everyone who's expressed interest and created a character joins, we'll have a 5-member infantry squad (including Argenta as a combat engineer) with only one NPC, plus Errowyn in charge of half of the fighters.

PP suggested the Minkan cat-person as squad leader, does anyone else have a preference?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back