• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Ryūjō YSS Ryūjō - Mission 0 - The Meet Up

Deck 5

Sebastian had made her way to the quarters where she would be staying. She found a room that was occupied only by one person, but that person was not there at the moment. She quickly put her pack on the unoccupied bed and got into uniform. She was already late as it was and not happy about it. With a small sigh, she adjusts the uniform over her bio-metric arm and makes sure her braids are up above the collar, then nods to herself, heading out to the Mess hall. She had made sure to keep her area clean and would put her clothes away when she was able to. For now, the Armorer could only make her way to where she needed to be next. She did check to make sure which deck she needed to get to and used the tunnel, pulling herself up.

Mess Hall

Sebastian rushed to the Mess Hall, hoping to not be late. She could tell that she wasn't the only straggler, so far, and she made it in with some time to spare. The dark-skinned armorer fell in behind a group that was going in as well, hoping to not be noticed right away, but knowing both her arm and her skin would kind of set her apart.

Galley ->Messhall

Ume was confused at the situation before her in the Galley, the Itto Juni did not seem happy to see them, but they were ordered to be there. She let the Itto Hei who had come as well do the talking though, and while it was rather nerve wracking to see she got new orders to report to the mess hall that sounded more reasonable. She gave a bow to the Juni and offered an apology for the intrusion before making her way to the mess hall.

Now that she had arrived at the proper location and there as obviously more space, she looked around to see everyone who had arrived already and smiled softly. Still with a sword at her hip she walked in and got herself some juice. Tea was usually good but she wanted something a bit sweeter and cold. She took a seat and eyed around for now, there did not seem to be a whole lot of infantry personnel on this ship which made her a bit nervous, but it just meant she'd have to work a bit harder.

Mess-Hall

Anjin looked at Sigrid, "They would be welcome to try. Others have tried to kill me and I'm still alive." she said with a grin. "Besides a person who drinks black tea, has no room to talk. When I'm relaxing I prefer a subtle blend of tea. At least you are not drinking coffee. That stuff is hideous."

Mess-Hall

"The thing with black tea is," Sigrid explained as she was putting crushed and dried tea laves into small container, and putting it in the mug. "that you can add suger and milk and it would be absolutely okay. But if you put sugar in the green tea, the taste will change dramatically. Also do not shove off strong black coffee until you spend days behind enemy lines and require a quick energy. It is vile, but it can keep a girl on her legs."

Mess-Hall

"Ugh... putting milk into tea.... barbaric." She said with a wider smile. "That may be, but I do not drink tea for energy. I drink it to relax, and think. I only add raw sugar because I like the way it enhances the flavor. But I can see how an Infantry person in that kind of situation might want to drink that evil concoction. So we will just have to agree to disagree when it comes to Tea Protocol. Though perhaps we should take care of proper introduction. Chūjitsu Anjin-Shoi, Science Officer."

Deck 3

Noa flitted with her anti-gravity between the two fighter jockeys -- who seemed to be well acquainted -- with a mid-air bow and an exuberant wave of her small hand. "Santo Hei Amatsukaze Noa," began the mini-Neko with a grin, "Hehe, Nichols-hei... if you barrel roll so well along the floor, I can only image what you can do in your fighter!" She then got a little more serious and turned her gaze to his wingman Holiday. "Hmm, Doc, you say... you really practice medicine? Don't underestimate me by my size and infotech designation, though... I'm a fully qualified medic." She mentioned this last part with a lot of pride. Most of her clone sisters couldn't boast of that fact.

When Kakeru showed up and almost ran right into the bunch, she couldn't help but let go a little exasperated sigh at how nervous and apologetic he seemed about it. "Shinozaki-kun!" shouted the floating green haired technician to her compatriot, "You wouldn't be running late if you didn't keep bowing to every person on this ship like they were the Captain himself." She grumbled once and entered the Mess behind the Yamatai forest boy and the pilots.

Mess Hall

Once inside the mess hall, the mini-Neko grumbled at the chaos she would have to endure again. Crowded spaces always seemed to feel like she was navigating an obstacle course as a lot of soldiers didn't always notice her presence. She figured the best bet was to stick close to the overly-punctual Kakeru as he punched a path through the mass of people assembling for the briefing to be had there. Noa also got distracted a moment by the relaxing smell of some warm tea, which caused her to look away from where her buddy was going.

It was then that she saw the big group behind them made up of a lot of red-paneled technicians that was filtering in. However, one of their number stood out because Noa's sensitive amber visor was alerting her in augmented reality that there was significant EM field and heat signature activity coming from the dark-skinned woman with Nepleslian features hiding among their number. She gave an audible "hmmm," as she held her knowing little gaze awhile longer on Sebastian, enough to be noticeable, while riding the coattails of Shinozaki-kun deeper into the place.

Last edited:
Mess Hall

Sebastian looked around as she saw just how full the Mess hall could be when everyone present had to be inside. She could smell food of some sort, but her own olfactory senses are not as strong as most, so she can't tell what all is there. Her pale green eyes take in all of the Nekos and mini Nekos, falling on one in particular that is studying her. She isn't too surprised at the scrutiny, for there were quite a few who found her a marvel for various reasons. Her skin tone, her eyes, her arm...just to name a few. She nods slightly to the Mini that was giving her a bit of a study, then made her way through the crowd towards the back and found an empty seat, claiming it for her own.

Mess Hall

Sigrid bowed to the officer and smiled. "I am Itto-Heisho Kongo Sigrid. I am very pleased to finally meet you properly." The neko with midnight black skin said with a smile still on her lips. "Well in the end everyone drink what they like and how they like it."

Mess Hall

Errowyn busily worked on her drawing as the noise rose in level as more and more of the crew showed up for the first official meeting by the ship's Chusa. Even at the best of times, Errowyn wasn't much of a socializer. Besides you could learn a lot more by just listening to general conversations going on around the room.

This was going to be so much different than Carrier Duty and flying missions with squad mates. She already missed Tin-man; Bunny-ears the squad's medic; Scrapyard, which brought a soft smile to her expression; Even the new pilots had a fond place in her memory.

She ran her finger tips over the slow forming portrait of the 21st, wishing she had a chance to say good-bye to them instead of being rudely separated by an uncaring universe. Giving a soft sigh, she saved what she had created so far.

Megami had gotten a full self-guided tour of the ship and was finally coming back around to the Galley where she headed inside only to spot the three girls... Errowyn, Ume, and Meiko she believed, getting chastised by cook. She tilted her head as the lime green skinned neko moved past them and into the Mess-hall where she took her seat at the officers table with a big smile. Looking around at everyone as they began to pile in. She couldn't help but sigh, she was so excited that she was finally on a ship and about to go on her first missions... Her ears twitched excitedly as she awaited the briefing.

Meiko however, did indeed follow Ume, and get lectured, only to head into the Mess hall after Ume. She took a seat near where Ume did and took a deep breath. "Well that was embarrassing." She scratched her head lightly before patting the seat next to her. "I'm kinda excited though.

Kakeru felt that it was fortunate he ran into other newcomers like himself, though in Svein's case, he could have wished for a little less "ran into". It was always awkward when you're in a new place with no one you knew. He also thought himself very lucky to befriend an experienced crew member like Amatsukaze-san on the shuttle.

The Mess Hall filled quickly, with groups of crew members greeting old friends, new department colleagues or room mates and breaking off into small groups to chat and catch up before the Captain arrived.

Spying a cluster of unoccupied chairs nearer to the middle of the room, Kakeru slid into one while waving at the closely floating Noa and the others to join him.

"Wonder if he's going to bring that rock with him?" Kakeru thought idly of the Chu-sa. "Probably not, he would look funny if he gave a briefing while hidden behind that thing."

"Anyone want something to drink? I can go grab a few cups before the captain gets here, might be a long briefing."

Messhall

Nichols stopped at the entrance to the Messhall as the pilot took in the sight of the many faces he'd seen before yet didn't know what names were attached to them. A thought in the back of his mind tempted him to find somewhere to linger that was out of sight until he spotted the most senior pilot, at which point his mood seemed to brighten as he slide his hands into his pockets whilst in transit to her. The bland idea of an offer to fetch her a drink wasn't something he aimed for, surely if she was thirsty enough she would've seized her own drink and not lounged around for a kind soul over something so minuscule.

"Hey, Errowyn. Right?" He asked with the silent hope he'd gotten her name right. "You said your spacecraft had a few dings in it when we first met. I'm curious as to why, if you don't mind my asking."

Last edited:
~~ oooooo a brave one! ~~

~~ he's sooo cute for a Neppie *sigh* ~~

~~oh shut up! ~~ Four different voices chorused.

"Oh shut up!" Errowyn spoke suddenly at the same time, then looked down embarrassed, "No no.. not you, Nichols-Hei"

Errowyn nodded as she motioned for Nichols to take seat, "I was assigned to a Carrier, YSS Heitien and the 21st Squadron." A shy smile appeared briefly. "I've seen plenty of action against the NMX and my call sign given to me."

A soft brief purr emitted from her as she spoke softly just loud enough to be heard over the others in the room. "That is my second Kawarime I've been assigned to." Her eyes get the glazed distance look. "We've been though hell." Then silently to herself ~~ Chief, I've brought back Five in one piece and operational.~~

Her eyes snapped back to focus again. "Looking forward to your first assignment?"

Mess Hall

Kioko watched as the others entered the Mess Hall, she smiled at the smells but sort of kept her distance from anyone else as this was a new ship for the most of them. She looked around hearing little bits of each conversation, with her looks she thought it may be bad to just go up to someone and start talking most people didn't like a snake -looking girl hissing that them.

Henry shrugged in his usual theatrical way. "Nothing quite as impressive as a combat medic. I learned dentistry before I enlisted in the Navy. You could say it was an unfortunate necessity." His hands migrated to the back of his head, giving him a nonchalant and relaxed look as he followed the others into the mess hall. Looked at Kakeru from the corner of his eyes. "I would appreciate some coffee. You don't to put anything in it, I'll just drink it black." After patting the hapless Yamataian on the back, he walked off in search of entertainment. He spotted it in the form of a snake-like woman trying to remain on the fringes of conversation. He smiled a disarming smirk as he approached her. "Why, she is indeed a cousin of snakes! I simply must have the pleasure of introducing myself." Even if she was cautious with scaring away people she interacted with, she certainly could do nothing about the fools who actually found her interesting without a second thought of danger. "Good day, madame. I am Santo-Hei Henry Holliday. May I have the pleasure of your acquaintance?"

Kioko looked at the guy who had just walked put to her "Why hello kind sssir, I am Nitô Hei Kioko Gargandottir" she tried to give him a cute smile and succeeded in her own way, her tongue sticking out to taste the air "You may have the pleasure of my acquaintance if you tell me why you want it?" She grinned "It is because I am a snake girl right, same thing happened on my last placement people really liked it, but before that no one did" she giggles "It is quite weird having that shift from disgust of how I look to interest."

"Ah, yes, I will admit that your exotic appearance caught my fancy." Henry affirmed with a nod of his head. "Perhaps there are more like you and word is spreading? Or perhaps you were in a less than progressive population." The Nepsleslian decided to broach the subject of Kioko's former comrades. "So, tell me about the fellows at your previous placement, and perhaps some of your exploits?" He gestured towards a few empty chairs close to Nichols, but far enough away he and Errowin wouldn't feel like they were being spied on. "We could find a more comfortable place to settle in for the conversation over there. But if you have someplace else to sit, I won't be offended."

"Guess the reputation of flyboys are true after all, they can't resist high speed passes!", Kakeru chuckled as the two pilots accompanying them broke off to chat up some of the female crew. Grabbing two cups of green tea and a cup of famous "Navy Coffee" so thick that it was almost sludge-like from a refreshments station, he brought them back to their table and placed them in front of their respective seats in an unspoken claim of "This seat is occupied.".

Seeing nothing else to do while waiting and having no one else to talk to, Kakeru turned to Noa-sempai and tried to strike up a conversation.

"Hope, green tea is ok for you? Noa-sempai, might I ask what is your role on-board the Ryujo?"

Mess Hall

Ume gave a soft nod to Meiko and scratched her head, looking a little embarassed herself. "Yeah, we should've thought about that and realized it was a mistake." She tried to laugh it off and for the most part it worked for her at least. Taking a seat she let out a sigh but then smiled to Meiko. "I'm glad we managed to get on a ship together again, I was worried that I wouldn't know anyone here."

Messhall

Nichols leaned back in his seat as Errowyn lashed out at seemingly no-one in particular, so he only nodded his head in acceptance of her apology. As she began to explain, the pilot not only listened but tried to remember the background noise of the time before Errowyn's sudden outburst, yet it seemed what ever she heard was something that escaped his range of hearing. When the senior pilot asked if he was eager about his first assignment, all he could think of was to immediately nod again. "Very." Nichols said as he crossed his arms. "I just wonder why we couldn't get a brief on the Ryujo's tasks before we got on the ship. Is this sort of thing normal?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back