• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Ryūjō YSS Ryūjō - Mission 0 - The Meet Up

Messhall

Noa took cover behind her heavy tea mug as for a second it seemed like Kakeru would let go a mighty sneeze that would blow her off the table. When nothing came but his sniffle and apology, she came out of hiding once again and gave him a knowing stare from a medical professional. "Ah, now that could be that spaceship air has a different set of allergens than the forest one you grew up with. Or maybe someone is talking about you somewhere," suggested the mini-Neko in reference to an old Yamatai superstition which he probably was familiar with.

She scanned the crowd quickly with her amber overlaid vision and focused on the one indicated as 'Kioko Gargandottir', who was presumably the other black-paneled operative that Kakeru was mentioning. "Mmm, looks like you've got some interesting competition for that scouting work... I almost thought she was a real Separa'shan with body modifications like that." She then took another sip of the warming liquid into her system, having fun with the imagery. "Imagine if she has some deadly poison fangs, too, like a trained snake assassin... ooh boy, you better watch your back with a viper like that as a partner, Shinozaki-kun."

Noa was chuckling at her little joke for awhile as he droned on about the Chusa being fashionably late, to which she sighed a bit. "I can always use the MEGAMI to locate him if you are that concerned, but what's the point? He's probably got a good reason. Maybe he just wants us to have some 'get to know each other' time, and this is an ingenious way to do it."

Last edited:
Mess-hall

"Legions?" Sigrid set her mug down on the table and scratched side of her head, where her hair was shaved. "Well they are ground pounders. When fleet is done with their high-energy nonsense up on orbit, these are the girls that come down and kick the enemy off the planet and they are very good at it. A bit rigid on tactics as they mostly depend on fire support from fighters or orbit, but when push comes to shove, they are good at what they do. I had good times with them, but I am happy to be back on ship. Especially since it seems that I will operate in small group. Leaves more room to maneuvering."

Kioko smiled at Henry "well you see the two girlsss, one is drinking juice over there" she points to her friends "That'sss them, Ume is drinking the juice and Meiko is bessside her" she smiled at her friends and turned back to the man in front of her "so exploitsss, well we took down a NMX bassse and that was pretty much it." She shrugged "I wasssn't there that much but got a promotion for that missssion as I managed to protect the team while they took down the bassse" she smiled and chuckled but if you want to know more here she breaths in "firssst am silent, then I'm an asssshole if you are lucky" she smiled "if not I am your friend."

Mess Hall

Sebastian nodded slowly as she listened. She could smell the tea and coffee that others were drinking and a part of her was starting to get thirsty. She swallowed it down, though, and focused on her companion. "Did you learn a lot from them?" She was still intrigued, and she wanted to open herself up to this person...even though she was also wanting the CO to make his brief so that she could eat a regular meal. In spite of all the inner turmoil she was feeling, not once did she let it show in her features nor in her posture. She was trained to never let anyone else see her discomfort, so she didn't. But even with that, she would still be a lot more calm in how she handled things than her father ever could be.

To her companion, she was just looking curious and willing to listen, no matter how long it would take.

Mess Hall

"I did," Sigrid nodded, picked up her cup and had another sip of her black tea. "I learned how this new version of Yamatai works and hot fit in a little bit more. It was a valuable lesson in a way. As the exchange I think I taught those girls a thing or two myself. About how things were handled in the past and how to shoot straight without assistance of your armour." Sigrid chuckled. It was a joke of course, Legion nekoes and others knew very well how to shoot.

Mess Hall

Sebastian snorts a little, her countenance breaking before she pulls herself back together. Her voice, though, was colored with amusement. "I bet that they were thankful for your assistance."

Henry inclined his head and followed Kioko's gestures towards her friends. "Don't sell yourself so short. Not many people can say that they even saw an NMX base go down. Considering the sentient population of the universe, that's quite a lot of people who should be thanking you and your comrades." The dentist knocked back some more coffee, shaking his head to ward off any adverse effects that could occur during the briefing and therefore embarrass himself. "So then, once we get into the comfortably secure YSA zone designated as 'friends,' who would you upgrade to beyond, I wonder?" A mischievous gleam entered the colonial gentleman's eyes, even as he maintained a professional bearing, as he watched the snake-woman next to him for a reaction to his subtle joke. Though, he had to admit he was a fair bit curious as to what it took to get in her pa- I mean, bypass the friend zone.

Messhall

Nichols felt guilt shatter his mood as Errowyn's tone and choice of words brought forth the though of him going into battle without the amount of training that wavered his passion to become a fighter pilot for the Star Army of Yamatai. Such constant, mundane training bored Nichols to no end, yet the irony of the situation was now that he was done and had been sent out to do exactly what had been drilled into him for real, he felt nervous and unsure of himself. Such emotion had begun to influence his actions as Nichols began to look up as if a solution or escape to this situation would fall on top of him. "I know..." There was little else he had thought up until an idea jumped into his head. Quickly, he fixed his gaze back to Errowyn, a look as serious as cancer on his face. "I made the most out of my luck, though. I'm as green as they come, but I won't let anyone down as far as piloting is concerned."

Errowyn nodded as she placed her elbows on the table between her and Nichols. She fidgeted some to show she was getting antsy at the wait for the Chusa to show. It seamed that the others were enjoying the time socializing, whether it was war stories from the veterans or those green like Nichols.

It was different from her first tour of duty. More relaxed. But things would change once they got out there, away from the base. She looked around again for the umpteenth time as she drew a blank on how to keep a conversation going. The awkward silence. "Huh... er... " She fell quiet, looking down at her electronic notebook screen. "Soooo, you have any questions?"

She felt pleased. At least all good leaders always asked that question after a briefing. She would imitate the leaders she had served under, hoping by their actions wouldn't steer her wrong. She also wanted to talk with Holliday, but he was busy with another. A Reptilian species, she was curious about also. "is your Kawarime a single seater or two seater?" Turning her attention once more to Nichols.

YSS Ryujo: Mess Hall Deck 3

"Sepa'ran? I got to go check the ship library, she looks interestin... wait a sec.."

"Did you just say *poisonous*? Does Doc know?" Kakeru asked Noa. "If he's trying to get inside her pants, she might bite him by accident. Or deliberately if she gets annoyed. Should we tell him?"

Nichols shook his head briefly after the question Errowyn had of his curiosity. So far he'd been contempt with what she'd shared with him, which left him with little to do other than wait for the Chusa to reveal himself. Thankfully, Errowyn had questions of her own, though they needed little more than a word in order to satisfy. "Seems like you got questions of your own. My Kawarime is a one-seater." The Nepleslian had a grin on his face as he leaned back in his seat.

"Mines a two seater. But I still fly solo." Errowyn murmured audibly as she rested her chin in a cupped hand, yet leaving one hand free to idly spin the electronic notepad in circles. "Slightly bigger to carry a bigger payload." She felt more comfortable being alone on the Heitan, than sitting in a room with others waiting for something to happen.

She fidgeted a bit again, letting her impatience show briefly. She had better things to do. Like check up on her Kawarime. Her Daisy Power Armor. Finished getting settled in. Typical stuff in being assigned to a new place and assignment.

Kioko raised an eyebrow "No one hasss ever tried, I think it is my looksss, your welcome to try but I like to bite~~" she said it jokingly then added in a quiet voice "Then there is the real reassson no one wantsss to be with the girl with sssome male partsss" she looked away then saw people staring. She smirked at them and hissed then back to Henry "Excussse me Henry, people seem to be talking about me, I am going over there and sssee what they are sssaying, be back soon cutie" she stood up and walked over to Noa and Kakeru "Hello there~~."

"Really? I don't suppose you'll be biting your dinner and not me?" Henry said, smiling at her joke in turn. It degraded to a one-sided smirk when Kioko stated that she needed to go. He twisted in his seat and leaned against the table behind him, watching her leave rather intently. "Male anatomy, eh? ... I can work with that." Fighter pilots are renowned for being hotshots and risk-takers. Doc Holliday was far more mellow, but just as much of a risk-taker. He drank the last of the coffee and scanned the rest of the room, eagerly awaiting the arrival of the CO or the return of Kioko. His eyes rested finally on Kioko, Noa, and Kakeru, watching all parties involved to be sure that the snake-woman wasn't offended in any way. Though there was the rogue thought, wondering how she looked in a fight. "Silly man."

The green haired Mini-Neko giggled a little bit as she ran a hand across the lip of the large mug after taking a drag from the straw. "I have seen whackier things doing to biology, so who knows how much viper goodies got thrown into that vat DNA mix? I say let the hotshot find out the hard way, seems he's quite the snake charmer though..."

She then noticed the scaley form of Kioko suddenly break off the conversation with her admirer and nearly slither over to their table with a quick movement that was easy to miss. Thankfully Noa was if nothing else gifted with sharp situational awareness from her SAINT training, and so she tugged on Kakeru's sleeve to make sure he got a bit of advance warning before the aforementioned viper woman was right on top of them.

When she introduced herself with honey in her mouth instead of venom, the red-paneled tiny technician gave Kioko an enthusiastic and welcoming wave over the green tea she was nursing on the tabletop, so as not to make her suspicious. "Hey, if it isn't the woman who puts the 's' in SAINT! It's nice to meet you."

Ume had been watching everyone converse for some time, seeing if they were friendly, and no one had done anything to indicate otherwise so far. The crew did not seem uptight and the thought of how much fun she could have here made her smile. She decided to stand and head over towards Henry who had just gotten done talking to Kioko, and while she did not clearly hear what they were saying, it looked rather interesting.

When she got next to the pilot she gave him a tap on the shoulder and a wide obviously excited smile. "I'm Ume, are you friends with Kioko?" she spoke in a cheerful tone, eyes beaming with anticipation.

Henry, not letting down his one-sided smirk, looked over at Ume, allowing it to spread into something more disarming at the sight of her. "Well, I reckon so, we got off on a good noteacdncache_a.akamaihd.net_items_it_img_arrow_10x10.png." He responded cordially. An eyebrow raised when he heard the name. "Ume? Kioko mentioned you and Meiko. I suppose the attractive ones keep each other company." The fighter pilot gestured towards the woman sitting with him with his cup and attempted to drink out of it, but he learned quickly that he had already drained it. His face comically blanked out as he placed it back on the table behind him. "Pity." He thought as he placed his foot on his knee. "Well then, I am Santo-Hei Henry Holliday. Some people call me Doc. Nice to meet you, madame."

YSS Ryujo: Mess Hall Deck 3

"Hey, if it isn't the woman who puts the 's' in SAINT! It's nice to meet you."

Forewarned by Noa, Kakeru managed to keep from embarrassing himself by flinching away from someone who is obviously his senior, venomous teeth or not. Hopefully, the venom part was joking speculation. Hopefully.

Standing up, Kakeru bowed and introduced himself to his senior SAINT colleague formally.
"Ohaio Sempai, watashiwa Shinozaki Kakeru-kohai, yoroshiku onegaishimasu." (Hello senior, I'm Shinozaki Kakeru, your junior. Nice to meet you.)

Keeping his eyes facing downwards, he waited for the other SAINT operative to introduce herself. It wasn't so bad with Noa, talking with her, at least she had her visual interface on all the time, hiding her eyes. Now that he was talking to someone face to face, his "old problem" left him with the choice of staring at her boobs (wonderful first impression that would make) or the floor. Choosing the "least troublesome" path, left him with his head very respectfully bowed and doing an impromptu inspection of the Mess floor. Grade: Very clean, sparkling new. Boots need polishing.

Kioko lifted the guy's head by the chin and smiled "No need to be so polite partner" she smirked "I don't care where you look and I am Kioko" she let go of the man's chin and kept the smile going. She looked over at Noa and tilted her head "The Sss in SssAINT?" she realised what the girl meant "Oh that is quite funny" she gave a small giggle and looked at them "Ssso what were you wondering about my anatomy?"

Ume gave a nod to Henry and smiled. "Yep that's Meiko, we came from the Soyokaze together, but Kioko probably told you that already." She was very friendly for speaking to someone she just met, like there was nothing to worry about. "I wanted to know if you like playing boardgames. Since we only have three players, you could be player four, and then we can play teams." Of course her focus was on the board games, they were her passion and how she spent her free time when there wasn't a pool she could use, they were also the thing she knew most about when not dealing with work.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back