• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Ryūjō YSS Ryūjō - Mission 0 - The Meet Up

The corner of Henry's mouth twitched slightly at the word... "Board games!?" Anyone that knows the Doc would find it comical to find him playing a board game, considering that most games he played involved cards, booze, and the occasional stabbing or shooting. He reassumed control of his facial muscles as he went over what was just offered to him in his head. "Wait, wait a second. You've just been invited to play a game of something with three unsoiled doves and potentially stunning women. How could you possibly turn this down!?" With that slightly shameful thought process, Holliday smiled like he just found a gold ore deposit. "Well, far be it from me to leave such a beautiful specimen in need, even if it is just for company. Yes, I would very much like to play this board game with you, though you may have to explain the premise and rules."

YSS Ryujo: Mess Hall Deck 3

As Kioko lifted Kakeru's head by the chin, he instinctively flinched to the left to avoid looking at her directly. Looking back down at the floor once she had let go of his chin, he bowed once more and apologized.

"Suminmasen (Sorry) Kioko-sempai, from where I was from, it was considered to be very bad luck and manners to look another person in the eyes. It was a tradition passed down from the time of the Great Plague where the virus was transmitted by visual contact, so they are very harsh on that. Think in the past, it was used to create a form of quarantine, though the virus struck so fast and hard I doubt it was really effective. Maybe they were afraid of a second round of infection. I normally use sunglasses to avoid the problem, but it's currently stuck in my bag."

"Really rotten day today, seems like I've been doing nothing but damage control and apologizing. As late as the Chu-sa is, I wonder if I have time to make it back to my cabin for my glasses."

Kakeru's lips gave a little smirk when he realized that with the glasses, he and Noa are going to look like a pair of dissimilar twins or an old couple that dress alike.

"Doc! Your coffee is getting cold!" Kakeru privately pathed the message to Doc before the obvious question of "Are Nepleslians able to hear telepathic messages?" occurred to him. If Doc couldn't, then Kakeru would have to use more obvious methods. Anything to give Miss Aggressive Snake Woman another target to focus on, and like Noa said, Doc seemed to like Kioko-ssempai's company and vice versa.

Mess Hall - Another table

Sebastian kept in companionable silence with the one next to her as she observed how the others interacted. She could see that quite a few were getting anxious, waiting on the Chusa to make his appearance. Others were getting a little miffed, for they had other duties to do and wanted to get underway. Sebastian, herself, was rather relieved that the Chusa was being late. It meant, for her, that things were not run on a specific schedule like most places. Even her training had moments when the recruits were sent somewhere, but it wasn't quite ready for them. This kind of thing happened all the time and there was no point in being upset or anxious about it.

The only thing bothering Sebastian, at that moment, was her arm. She needed to readjust it, for she didn't think she'd have time to properly put on her uniform before coming to the briefing.

Ume's smile grew larger as Henry said that he would participate in the board game fun. She might not have known he had ulterior motives or maybe she just didn't care. "Rules? Well the rules depend on which game we play. I have a whole bunch." She chose now to sit down feeling like she broke the ice and wouldn't have to get up right away. "You're a fighter pilot...is it fun? I never seem to have much fun in my training lessons for flying things."

Mess Hall

Noa would have commented on Kakeru's apparent shyness right off the bat, but she was apparently too busy trying not-so-successfully to hide her quiet little chortle of amusement when Kioko restated the mini-Neko's introduction with the heavy 'S' sound drawn out and indeed very snake-like. She couldn't have asked for a better moment of entertainment... maybe the Chusa should just keep taking his sweet time, because this was a lot of fun! Nothing like the boring classes and drills she had back at the SAINT training facility with her clone sisters...

"Hehehe, it's so funny when you say it like that! I got to admit, you are the most interesting person I've encountered so far today, Kioko-hei, what with your preponderance of snake DNA in that body. I got to admit the Medic in me is indeed curious." She then patted the still bowing Kakeru once on the arm from her spot sitting on the tabletop, trying to heft him back up. "Now... Shinokazi-kun here, though, he is a long-term work in progress. Good guy, still got to get his head out of the woods of Yamatai, though... or maybe just off the floor for starters." The tanned-skin Noa was snickering a little bit as she kept tugging at his stubborn form, wondering if she could get him to meet the eyes of his coworker at least for a second.

She soon gave up, though, and took a nice sip of the green tea once more, starting to feel the effects of the caffeine in her small body. It was a welcome rush, as her pink eyes were twinkling behind the amber-tinted display, still feeding her data in augmented reality as she exchanged pleasantries. She was a good multitasker with her computerized mind, and apparently could juggle both business and pleasure as she researched technical specs of the Ryujo in the background to satisfy the workaholic techie side of her too while awaiting orders. "Santo Hei Amatsukaze Noa is the name, by the way... IT and information warfare is my game. Proving great things do indeed come in small packages." She said this last part with a mischievous grin.

Last edited:
YSS Ryujo: Messhall

Errowyn scooted to stand up from her place at the booth. "Excuse me," as she stood while grabbing her empty glass. "Refill." She moved from the table heading over the drink dispensers. As she passed several occupied tables, over hearing bits and pieces of conversations.

She kept her expression neutral as she wonder how many of those present had seen combat one way or another. She could cheat and access the MEGAMI's data banks for such information. But it was more funner to guess by observing them. As far as she could tell by uniform patches and colored tabs which departments they worked for within the vast machine of the Star Army. But no sign of previous assignments like she was displaying that she came from the 21st 'Fighting Diamond' Squadron of the elusive YSS Heitan.

She would have to research that out to find out if the ship survived along with her old wing mates. She noticed few of them had immediately came together like friends would seeking out familiar comrades at arms, whether from Training Camps and or previous ship assignments.

Henry was blissfully ignorant of any telepathic messages sent his way. He shrugged indifferently to the question about his experiences as a pilot. "Oh, it depends on the situation. It's certainly enjoyable to find a handsome example of a nebula, but the technical issues are dreadfully dull. That's why I find piloting a fighter superior to operating a larger ship, you can't do too many fun maneuvers." He leaned in and whispered into Ume's ear. "The Wild Officer species has a great dislike of fun things." The dentist fibbed. He leaned back and continued on with regaling the woman. "Yes, but the best part is the dogfighting. Sadly, I only just came out of flight school, so I've never found myself in a real combat situation. But from the sample I received from the simulations, I'm going to enjoy a good fight." Doc Holliday smiled at the thought. Aye, the simulations of combat was quite visceral, he wouldn't trade being a fighter jockey for any other job in the YSA. Of course, he knew that simulations and real combat was as different as night and day, but he had a feeling that would just intensify things for the better.

Just ouside

Takeyu was late, more than late, he had originally meant to start the briefing ten minutes after his arrival on the ship - but well into twenty minutes had actually gone by; it didn't help that he was double checking things and looking through the crew manifest to make himself aware of everyone's job and their backgrounds, to which he'd lost track of time.

Of course, during that time he'd also sneezed a few as well - and it made himself wonder if someone was talking about him. As he entered the mess hall, his eyes cast upon the crew, curiously pondering what everyone was up to.

9th Fleet HQ

A single T7 shuttle entered the atmosphere above the complex, gliding gracefully towards the surface. It ducked down into the canyon and meandered its way through the curves before the sight of metal and bright lights were seen ahead. Banking to the right, the small craft aimed itself towards one of many large openings and began slowing itself as it flew through the opening and into a large docking bay.

A petite, brown-haired Neko sat in the rear of the shuttle, examining the light cruiser that passed by her window as the T7 flew past the parked starship. Urufu Class, S9-01. She read the markings on the side of the ship off to herself. That's the one. Not quite as big as the carriers, but still bigger than I expected. As the girl picked up her bags the shuttle began rotating to face the exit and began lowering to the ground. Popping out of her seat with a big grin on her face she rushed over to the shuttle doors and slammed a button on the wall. An alarm started whirring as the doors began opening.

"Hey!" There was a shout from the cockpit. "What do you think you're doing? You can't open that until we land!"

With a smile the girl turned to face the cockpit. "Ciao!" She called out happily as she jumped backwards out the door. Even though they were still 10 to 15 meters above the ground, the girl knew that she was safe as she effortlessly glided forwards, her descent remaining slow and steady as she went. That gets a lot easier as time goes on. As she neared the ground she suddenly dropped down, the full force of gravity taking effect, and gracefully landed with a couple quick steps. Taking a moment to adjust her black miniskirt and tight-fitting baby blue tube top she glanced around and found the nearest person that wasn't the ground crews. As she approached she noted the insignia on the man's uniform identified him as a Logistics Heisho.

Skipping up to the man, the young Neko greeted him with a smile. "Hi there. Sorry to bother you. I'm supposed to be reporting to the Ryujo. Would you happen to know where the crew is gathering?"

The man looked at her grumpily, taking a few seconds to look her up and down. "Blasted newbies. Don't have time to give you guys the proper uniforms before they ship you off for service. Thinking it's okay to come bother me with you stupid fu-." The man's sentence was cut short as the Neko put the heel of her stilettos into the center of his foot. The man was about to react, but before he could the Neko gave him the biggest smile and unzipped her bag. A single sleeve of a dress uniform flopped from the bag, revealing a single yellow stripe around the cuff.

The man's eyes widened, still fighting back tears from the pain shooting through his foot. "Oh! Sorry ma'am!. They've started gathering on the ship ma'am."

The Neko gave one last smile and cocked her head to the side before releasing the foot from the clutches of her heels and making her way across the concourse to the cruiser.

YSS Ryūjō

As the small, brown-haired Neko entered the ship she smiled as she looked around. "Brand spanking new..." She muttered to herself as she admired the cleanliness around her. Looking into a nearby wall, she took advantage of the reflectiveness of the newly polished metal to adjust her makeup before looking up into the air. "On-board MEGAMI, could you be ever-so-kind as to direct me to where the new arrivals are to meet?"

Suddenly a line of holographic arrows appeared in front of her, pointing her way around the corridors. "The crew is gathering in the Mess Hall. Welcome aboard, Shoi."

The girl smiled as she began skipping through the narrow corridors of the ship, an impressive feat for someone in heels.

Ume began to picture what it might be like to look around in a nebula up close, the idea never occurred to her before but now she wanted to try it. Her day dreaming distracted her though and she was rather surprised to hear Henry's voice so close to her, taking a half step back after he finished talking, a slight blush on her face. "Don't surprise me like that.." She pouted a bit, but still listened to what he had to say.

The purple neko tapped her chin as she looked up, recalling her own experience with fighter ships. "Dog fights...I never did much training for that, I did combat simulation but that's about it. It took a while to stop crashing into things, the ships are so much bigger than power armor, I don't get how anyone does all the fancy stuff in them."

Mess Hall

Sigrid looked around carefully, a bit lost in her mind. She looked around, watching the various pilots, SAINT agents and others. It really was quite colourful group. A lots of santo-hei's meant a lot of rookies, but Sigrid knew that one had to start somewhere. You don't leave the training as an experienced soldier. It is a path that takes its time. It took Sig herself a long time to get where she was. Sure she spent half of it in stasis, but the rest she had to fight hard to get where she was. This assignment could be yet another stepping stone.

"Oh sorry," Sigrid looked at Sebastion, when the neko realised that she was silently staring at people in the mess hall for several minutes. "I got a little bit lost in my thoughts."

Mess Hall - Meiko

Meiko watched Ume converse with Doc, and couldn't help but feel uncomfortable when Henry suddenly whispered to her. She shifted a bit and stood moving over and taking a seat next to Ume and Henry. She tilted her head a bit as she did and smiled ever so slightly. "Who's you're new friend Ume?" She leaned against Ume ever so slightly, looking at Henry with a look of curiosity. "Hello, I am Santo Juni Meiko Lee, Official Doctor of the Ship. It is a pleasure to meet you, Mister...?" She leaned forward a bit and pursed her lips while she waited his or Ume's response.

Mess Hall - Megami

Megami found herself drowning out the sounds of the Mess Hall, she was doing strategic maneuvers within her head trying to figure out several different results to several different events that could happen there in the Mess Hall, as well as putting everyones name and rank into her memory. Her ears twitched every now and again as she registered more and more information the more she listened.

Mess Hall

Sebastian looked back over at Sigrid and shrugged a little, offering her a small, rare smile. "It's quite alright. I am comfortable with silence." She was also looking around at the others herself, but for different reasons. That, and her arm was beginning to get uncomfortable in this uniform. It usually did, but not until after at least a full 8 hours. She reached up to try to adjust it without removing the sleeve, hoping that she can ease the arm until she can fix it.

Mess Hall

Kioko smiled at the two people and then looked at the man "I am sorry for offending you, I didn't know you where like that, I haven't had time to check the crew out properly yet." She looked away "I normally do that while everyone is working, I am a support, I know how to help people in a fight, my eyes are good as well" she laughs and looked to Noa "Well Noa, I always have liked mini-Nekos maybe I will play with the Medic in you and discuss my anatomy with you sometime, am thinking of becoming more reptilian later."

"Santo-Hei Henry Holliday, madame. Some call me Doc, but I'm just a simple dentist. A pleasure." Henry greeted. "I detect a hint of suspicion." He could see it in the eyes, he saw the look enough times before to recognize it. "She wanted some insight into the dimension of us pilots, you see. And I also believe she's looking for someone to play a board game with her?" He arched an eyebrow at the woman in question, nonverbally asking if this Meiko would want to join in. Before she could answer, however, he noticed the Chusa at the entrance to the mess hall. He inclined his head in that direction to signal to his companions the object of his interest. He didn't bother letting anyone else know. He wasn't the type to shoot up and yell "officer on deck" like some Lieutenant.

Mess Hall

As Errowyn returned to her seat, passing by Holliday's table, she gave him the hand signal to move into for the 'Kill" as she nodded to the females that were sitting at his table as she passed behind the two females, heading her seat. With a shy smile on her face, she continued on her way.

She settled down at her chosen table with Nichols. She sipped her drink once she was settled in her seat.

Mess Hall

"Silence can be nice. One certainly should know when to talk and when not." Sigrid nodded and returned back to her tea. She watched the nepleslian across the table. "Something wrong with your uniform? Short sleeves? It happens. Why don't you just use fabricator to make one yourself? You techies have that advantage over us grunts."

Sebastian stilled and looked over at Sigrid. She shook her head and snorted a little. "The sleeve's fine. I was in a rush to get ready, so my arm is acting up. Sorry." Sebastian released her arm and sat back, hoping the Chu-sa...yes the Chusa...would hurry now. She still had to report in to the armory as well as get her gear put away. And now fix the arm.

Mess Hall

The rhythmic clicking of heals could be hear echoing down the corridor. A few second later a petite girl wearing a black mini-skirt and a sky blue tube top came skipping through the bulkhead. She stopped just inside the room, as someone was standing just inside the doorway. She took a moment to look him up and down, noting the yellow striped on his uniform. Stepping around him, she spoke up.

"You must be Nayacesen-Chusa. My name is Munkata Yaeko-Shoi, I was just transferred to your ship." Even though she wasn't in uniform, she took a moment to bow, although in a rather quick fashion. When she straightened back up she flipped her hair to the side and ran her fingers through it to make sure it all properly fell back in place. "Sorry for my rather informal appearance right now. I just got back from holiday on Hanako's World. In fact, I'm still technically on leave for another..." She paused for a moment to pull her communicator from her pocket and check the time,"...hour and 28 minutes. And they didn't exactly give me much time to get off-planet. Command wouldn't have even made me arrive this early, but evidently they demanded I be here for the first meeting of the ship's inaugural crew."

Mess Hall

Ume smiled when Meiko came over, but she let Henry introduce himself, mainly cause she wanted to drink more of her juice. She did not notice the silent back and forward spy game going on with the two trying to figure out more about the other either. However she noticed Henry's motion towards the captain, and she looked over and spotted him. Taking another sip of her juice she watched for a moment before looking to Henry and Meiko.

"It's the captain..should we salute?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back