• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC 188604: The OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 6806

(In case you never played Anachronox, Democratus was a planet paralyzed by run-away democracy that couldn't stop arguing long enough to save itself from aliens by firing the missile it had prepared for saving itself from aliens. After our heros saved the day, the people of the planet decided to shrink the planet to person-size to go hang out with our heros full time.

Their special weapon is a powerful tractor beam thing, but in order to use it you have to play a minigame where you should down other members of the council who object or raise concerns during the meeting regarding firing the laser.

#SpacerPolitics)

As far as I know, g forces are an equivalent measurement of pressure. IE, 1 G is equivalent to pressure exerted from just existing on earth within its gravity field.

In piloting, the problem in question is the centripetal force generated by turning at extraordinarily high speeds, which in turn can treat you to equivalent amount of forces equal to many times the force of earth's gravity, and thus may be measured in G's; but it's not actually caused by gravity in and of itself.

Oh I understand, but the effect of G forces is largely caused by the weight of the person on whom the G forces are affecting. If the artificial gravity were shut off, the G forces would be substantially less than if it wasn't. But in artificial gravity...is there an adjustment?

Mass is how much stuff there is.

Mass has Gravity, which pulls everything together.

When Gravity acts on Mass, it pulls that mass together. How quickly that happens is called G-forces (but you can swap that for acceleration, because gravity is always accelerating you toward it)

Pressure is how much things are squeezed together, but it isn't G-forces. For example you can use compression suits to help adjust the pressure in your body to keep blood from pooling during High G. On the flip side, you can have a balloon in space with high pressure but no G-forces.

--

But back to your question: Yes, your ship could use its artificial gravity systems to negate G-forces. Good ships do this automatically, though we do have some cheap ships in our inventory that might not be so good at it.

OK, I think that about covers everyone who posted!

@Dumont, feel free to write your mercenaries killing off the last two pillagers in spectacular fashion.

@Rhysis, There aren't really enough enemy ships to send some your way (Or are there?). Either way, the NMX are trying to draw more ships away from the carrier by attacking the I'ee homeworld. There are 15 Torpedoes heading that way (4 pillagers, 4 launchers each, 1 pillager has had a launcher destroyed already this round)

@Amaryllis, The NMX see you there plinking their carrier. They are not happy.

They're probably at least fifteen times more powerful than the fat man and little boy from Hiroshima/Nagasaki.

Things in sarp tend to be very strong. I would think that even the I'ee structures would generally be fine unless they took a direct hit.

That being said, SARP weapons are also very strong. I would imagine that the torpedoes would be stupidly strong. Maybe not enough to end all life on the planet, but certainly enough to make things uncomfortable for the I'ee.

Hmm... doesn't look like I have anything to respond to. I don't know how far apart the two NMX fleets are, but the SH ships were engaging the first group, so I don't think they're in a good position to shoot down torpedoes, and that seems to be the only thing left to do.

@Navian

The NMX already have plenty to respond to, so they are fine with leaving your guys alone so they can focus on more immediate problems.

Their living structures are generally tall spires that extend deep underground. Their more practical buildings like factories are usually above-ground.

What's left of them at this point, anyway? Six pillagers and one carrier?

Also, yeah. Reminds me even more of that last HW:2 mission...

Last edited:
They've just got the carrier left, there are a bunch of mostly-destroyed pillagers around as well as some battlepods and lots of escape pods.

The drones and hound squadron are successful in taking out the battlepods attacking the white lament

The Necromancer itself is avoiding the carrier's gunfire. Its still slowly spinning, trying to get shots off at the Necromancer but it can't quite get there.

The shooting from the necromancer is factored into the DR math I'm doing behind the scenes, but for the most part its just contributing to destroying the pillagers. If you like you can post the torpedoes hitting and destroying a pillager.

Er, does the Star Army need to send another humanitarian evacuation fleet or something?

Not necessarily. It'd depend on whether or not the missiles make contact and LittleWasp has said in the past the little waspers cling to their homeworld and wouldn't abandon it easily/would fight to the death for it.

Plus I guess Yamatai would need to figure out all this is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back