Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Art Ame's Traditional Art 🎨📓🖊️

Because of your comment @SchererSoban and because I really enjoy that one, too, I decided to make Eden a little off duty reference sheet :]
eden paint.webp

Eden was the Captain of the first ship named Kaiyō and her change in position was actually a point of concern for a lot of player characters because she was p well-loved. Moving her to XO meant I could put her in more hands-on leadership roles, though, and I have never regretted it. She's a wonderful character and painting her helped me solve some problems I have had. It was Wes who once said to me that when a post isn't coming, he will do a few things, including look at art of the character he needs to post for. Well, it really hasn't been coming, so I decided that making art for the character I need to post for helps a lot when a post with them is not something I am able to get done. Anyway, Eden rules and is such a sweet girl I love her okay bye.

Eden is so beautiful with shibori hair.

I changed up the way I draw faces for a different painting before this one and it came back and sort of stuck. Some things are off and I nearly tore off the paper trying to get her lips better than they are now, but it's something to keep working at for sure!

Eden-paint.jpg

I said that then immediately drew Eden haha

The colors of her skin tone are off because I really want to play around and not do the same thing, despite this level of realism falling into the "haven't done in a decade" category haha

eden.webp

This isn't gouache BUT I was given some gouache and gave it two good attempts and it felt like I was back at the beginning of art, which isn't a good feeling. So, after feeling like a complete angsty ball of anger about my own art without any outside influence for the first time since I was like twelve, I went back to what I had fun with last time.

Something's sort of boring about this painting of my samurai Rei to me but at least I could have fun with art :]
image0-1.jpg
Oh and I opened this post with a lie, I used white gouache for eye highlights ;D

I did a lot of complex paintings and worked on too much stuff other than a relaxing bust of Hoshi and so, after all that overworking on other paintings, I sat down to do a simple Hoshi bust that ended up being more and more inspired by this meme:
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 2.14.40 PM.webp
Here it is, a relaxed Hoshi:
hoshi_bust_watercolor_1.webp

RPG-D RPGfix
Back