Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Avatar Thread: What is your Avatar?

Yakno... I don't actually know who did mine, what it was for, or any of that. BRi modified it years ago to better fit me, and I chose it because it actually really looks like me, like something I'd be doing, and it invokes a sense of peace for me. Like everything's gonna be okay.

Also I love that motorcycle.

JPEG_20180603_125547.jpg

I got mine from here. I never asked for it. I just logged on one day and it was on the wiki and I was like "Oh that is sweet!" Funny enough I was gone from here for about 6 years and when I got back on I was telling my wife about it and showed her the picture and she said, "Wow, that actually looks kinda like you." Now I love the picture even more.

Me, I am using a symbol for the ODST or the Helljumpers from Halo. I figured since a lot of the time we, in the infantry are chosen to go in to a situation first, this fit well.

FEET FIRST INTO HELL!!!!

Froggo :3

Because they are precious children

Attachments

• ugimbjj0s0c41.jpg
    ugimbjj0s0c41.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 2
2024 Pidole Henitot and Bidole by Sirmeo commissioned by Wes.png
Currently, my avatar is a recent commission of Pidole Henitot (and Bidole the Beetle Buddy), chief engineer of the YSS Resurgence!

Some random hanfu wearing bloke I found on the internet.

Four years later, it's still the Tachiko that @Wes made me! (just in command whites now)

One of my fav Characters, Shasta Archeletta. Drawn by none other than @Primitive Polygon way back during the ol' cursed bounty-hunters plot.

I think I've had her as my avatar for five-ish years now? Nothing really tops art that your friends make for you after all~

Currently a cropped version of the art used in this news story. Ame used to use Hoshi to match, but I haven't seen any reason to change mine.

I find the picture to be a good representation of the great Star Army warrior and peerless on-the-ground leader who is depicted in it.

Yakno... I don't actually know who did mine, what it was for, or any of that. BRi modified it years ago to better fit me, and I chose it because it actually really looks like me, like something I'd be doing, and it invokes a sense of peace for me. Like everything's gonna be okay.

Also I love that motorcycle.

View attachment 16417
Four years later. I don't look much like this anymore, but there's not much better.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back