• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Bastardpiece Theater Discussion

Wes said:
I'm trying to cut down the number of forums and get more activity in the New and Featured RP forum. Can you do the new thread there?

No problem.

EDIT: Will we still have this subforum after the introductory thread is done, or after Cadet gets back?

ShotJon said:
Wat wat? reboot? I dont want a reboot. We already setup our chars in some way. Why the hell should we start again?

I don't have a clear idea of where Cadet wanted to go with the current plot, and I'll have a better idea of direction if we reboot. The reason why the plot is stagnating and slow is mostly because I don't know where the hell to go with it. You'll all be able to develop your characters, possibly in a different way.

UPDATE: Basic plot outline has been figured out, but I need your guys' input on something.

Do you want me to do a lot of timeskips (in favor of roleplaying out stuff like car trips and the like) or do you want to keep such things in the format Cadet did?

EDIT: In fact, I want to hear from you guys what you want for this plot. More action? More grimdark? I have the basic structure figured out and I want to hear from you all regarding how to flesh everything out.

Personally I have little need for grimdark. I had enough of that in other plots. I would like a cool spy-adventure with some massacre here and then. But to have generally good time.

That said if it gets heavy here and there, that would perfectly fine. It should just be fore the story and not for nonsensical murder of some NPC we get to like, just because we like him or her and stuff like that.

But of we mess up something and terro-bastards will blow up trainyard full of people I am all for that, cause it will be stuff to RP.

As for car-rides I think we can RP like one per mission, otherwise we would not have much to talk about soon.

As I'm drastically changing the location of the plot at your inconvenience, whatever changes you think are appropriate are all good with me.

Do I need to update the moderator? Have you considered running this as an Open RP?

I'm going to go ahead and bow out at this time, for what I've heard I'd need to rewrite Fran or make a new character and I don't quite have the time at this moment for the later.

There is not big re-writing needed, just add a bit of fluff to end of her history that gets her to Purgatory to accept new job. There done. Also do not forget that the first part of the RP never happened.

I'm going to be travelling to visit my mother, starting Friday evening by most clocks in North America. So my availability will be a bit spotty until I arrive at my destination after which it may increase over my typical levels.

I'll be there for a little over a week, then I start back home Monday morning. Again, for the travel time, I will be difficult to get a hold of until Tuesday either around my lunch or after I get home from work.

Things have finally taken a nice turn for once - internet's back, and it'll likely be back for a good, long time. The only thing that worries me now is that though I'm back, do you guys want me back? I don't know what's happened while I was away, so I'm not up to date and need a briefing. I don't know if you guys are happy with Kampfer, or if he wishes to keep the plot (I know I sure as hell didn't want to hand Atuan over when Five returned - don't know if you guys know about that event or not).

Long story short, what can I do to help?

Right now, we've decided to focus on Ghosts - it wouldn't help you guys if the plot kept on jumping around back and forwards. Consistency is always best after all! Anyways, if you guys can hurry up to the car, that's where things will pick up more quickly I believe.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back