• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Bastardpiece Theater Discussion

Well Fian is MIA currently so who knows waht is up with him. So once Fenix posts I think Kampf can move us up into the car right away.

You guys are free to choose any Styrling weapon that isn't a sniper rifle or advanced rifle. You're also free to choose what kind of clothing to wear, just keep in mind you're all supposed to fit the profile of an average street thug in a very cold environment.

Alright, I gotta ask - what's the holdup people? It's been nearly a week, and so far, only one person's posted. Are there things IRL keeping you all, or is there not enough to work with in there?

I have bad attentions span, feel free to kick me in the face every now and then. I meant to post here two days ago........

Well, I'm glad to have gotten the PM replies as I did - even if you guys are busy, I'm just glad to have gotten word from you guys that you're still interested in following. Hopefully, I can make enough time and also get back in the saddle properly myself.

Well, this is a surprise! I'll explain why in a bit.

It's best I clarify this here for everyone so we're all on the same page, so if this is review for anyone, don't be offended. In this style of plot, it'll be the GM and Co-GM that deal with the actual death dealing. During a typical 'round' of combat, the way it works is that the GMs will detail where the enemy is and their actions, with you - the players - responding with posts detailing your own characters' actions or their intents. Once all the players post on time, the GMs narrate how it went, the result depending on how clever everyone was, as well as a little luck and chance tossed in using some dice. Or whimsy. Either works. Outright moving to kill or hitting with an attack is called "Autoing" - when Fian did it earlier just a few posts back, I let it go since it was well written, and I felt it let us start moving into the building. Meanwhile, Kampfer's own moves, though it killed another pair, let the rest of you know the general vicinity of the rest - I know this is all likely pretty confusing.

Earlier last week I think, the same thing happened in a plot I was Co-GMing. I just didn't expect to see it again so soon.

I feel this is my fault, and as GM, I need to move to get us on track. This means I'll be deleting your post BionicSamurai - I don't mean to be mean or anything, but to be honest? We only have so many bad guys for this part, and this is supposed to be warm up for crying out loud! How can you guys warm up on them if they're just dropping dead when you merely look at them like this?

I hope this post was okay and that I understood the layout right from Kampfer's description. Kira stayed in the first room with the drunk guys, to take care of them once the show would start.

It's no problem for me, so no worries on my part - I just hope you're ok with this Samurai.

In regards to what's happening right now, the way the building is set up is relatively simple. There's the front room which you guys are all in right now, which is connected to two hallways - one to the left and right. Each hallway has several doors and the associated rooms to the sides, however, both directly lead to the large conference room in the end. This means that if you go all the way down one hallway, you can loop around to the end of the other by going through the conference room. Also, keep in mind what Nacon said earlier - that he doesn't know if any walls or whatnot were knocked down internally.

So if you guys enter one room, you may find out it's more complex than this.

Right now, one is in the trunk. Two are dead and on the floor. A third is backpedaling, shooting on the move to enter through the door into the hallway on the right. And there's noise which seems to be two more somewhere on the right side of the building. In the hallway, or one of the rooms , we don't know. Hope this helps if it wasn't clear in the posts.

Right now, the guy is simply shooting through the walls and sweeping it back and forward like a devil's paintbrush to try and kill you all. Kira and Fian aren't down for the count, depending on how well they can fight through the pain - the same with Kurt, naturally. He's just knocked down onto the floor. Your options are to shoot back and slug it out, or do as Nacon says and take the other route - I'm sure there's more to be done, but those two are the most obvious choices.

I recommend using Adrenalin or Second Wind!

Seriously though guys, what's up with the sudden lack of posts? Did this last combat turn go too far? Is the tempo to the current scene all wrong or something?

Sorry, waited for others again. I need to stop doing that.

Otherwise I don't know what I'm doing, so I'll be guessing from here on out.

Same here. I was seeing what everyone else intended to do before I posted.

Hey Cadet. If you want to GM the results that Dex's cybernetics show on the medical side. I didn't want to step on your toes there if you had a different plan for the injury.

Last edited:
No problem Fenix. And I've got a crude mockup of what's happening right here. I should have done it sooner in hindsight, but at least it's here now.

When we get into fights, it'll really help to not bunch together and all head down the same narrow corridor or somesuch like that. Long story short, play it smart like a tactical shooter. Right now, you guys are that large green circle, while Kurt's the smaller one. I've also added a side route that can give some more relative safety, as well as a few other options should you guys be creative. Right now, your characters, if they look, can now clearly see the shooter through the ragged slashes made by the bullet holes since he's stopped shooting your way and suppressing your characters. Kurt's at risk, but his next moves (and dice rolls) will determine what happens.

As always DON'T be afraid to ask for details. I don't think I've stressed this enough, so I'll say it now - if this happens for anything, ASK!

Well I am going to be an arsehole and point out that Kira did not bunch together, she shot and retreated behind main doors to reload. It was you who bunched as together. Bio did not state he was going he only walked in and check the surrounding. Only people going right was Dex and Fian, behind him providing cover.

It is also difficult to get a sense of the environment I am in when it is not portrayed accurately enough for me to make smart decisions. But spilled milk and all that. ^_^

No, no.

You're not being an asshole, and you - or anyone else - shouldn't feel like that for doing this. You're just doing something that I sorely wish was pointed out to me much earlier. It's completely on me that I misread or misunderstood not only yours, but the others' as well. Since we're so many posts past that initial point though, I don't think it's possible to retcon my own mistake. Instead, I'm hoping to roll on and give my best at doing my part - giving you guys something fun to play with. Also, as you mentioned Samurai, it's also my fault for not giving the environment to you guys sooner since this isn't a straightforward fight.

I still need something on everyone elses' parts though, and this really does go for everyone - some more detailing. It helps me a lot to specify which doorway a character is hiding behind, or, if someone is taking cover, behind what and where that what is. In the cases where there's still some question as to what's available, it's ok to improve and just imagine a turned over table or something. So long as whatever it is, is within reason. Otherwise, I'll get confused and feel like I'll have to try pulling something out of my ass/guessing.

I'll try my hardest not to let this happen again, but I'd appreciate the help - this way, we cover each other in a way.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back