• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Battlefield Education: My Martial Arts Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy

Is it ok if I don't put any skills down they are pretty straight forward for him
Communications, Fighting, Domestic, Knowledge, Physical, Humanities, and Entertainment (Story telling)
@Reynolds

Basic idea is good, yeah. Make sure you fill out the top stat area with everything people might need to see. Your other character is a good example.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:alexis_morwind

If there's generic character art for that race, be good to add that, too. Related to that, you might want to run this by @Nashoba or another person more familiar with that race. I'm not sure I qualified to judge their history and all that. But you definitely need a bit more history, for someone that old. Tag who that second connection is, maybe add a few more family members. Good start though.

I like that idea, Reynolds! The SAINT style sounds like a winner. I have to warn you I know basically nothing about martial arts. :p I will start working on a wiki page tomorrow.

Im going to start making my character. basic synopsis of my idea is that he is a war orphan whose mother was killed serving in the star army. (we don't talk about his father.)

Hmm...torn between a few tropes: Cool dude/Neko who keeps to herself, slightly racist cheerleader who wonders why the Star Army deals with non-Neko people, and timid bookworm who is surprised whenever someone asks her something. The first one is my usual go-to, so I kind of want to do something else. Anyone have any comments/is already taking the trope with their character?

I think they're all good, but having a more outgoing character would be a good slot to fill. I accidentally made a "quiet and reserved and surprised when talked to type" when really it would be nice to have some loud, funny characters that are affable and quick to make jokes, since this is a comedy plot. Idk if I should like it, but a racist character sounds p funny to me. So, out of all three, that fills the role needed pretty well. Reynolds might have something better to say about it, though.

Oh, well then the racist one could be funny then, or at least make some good drama.

@Reynolds there is no generic art also I've touched him up a bit if I need to add more tell me but I can't seeing anything else on the Timeline and The Hidden Sun Clan doesn't have much I can go off of

I'm not entirely sure if I have it in me to join another plot. It depends on what happens with the Skeleton Ensemble. If that plot doesn't work out I should be able to join, but don't save me a spot.

Okay, first off, a little poll! What should our school colors be? There will be two, which will be represented on the crest and uniforms.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11228231

Second, a bit of a guide for character creation. This is a list of what you should have in your inventory by default:

• Summer Seifuku
  • Winter Seifuku
  • Summer Gakuran
  • Winter Gakuran
  • Exercise Uniform
  • Swimsuit (one piece)
  • Swim trunks
Pick the appropriate set of uniforms for your character, of course. Plus:
  • Identification/GS Card (Includes Driver’s Licence if earned, which is rare)
  • Starkwerk Touchcomputer, with a civilian Kessaku OS and PANTHEON access connecting to Tsubomi's server network
  • Several sets of Casual clothing
  • One set of formal wear
  • Appropriate applicable clothing for extracurricular activities (football uniform, rugby uniform, kendo pads, training sword, etc.)
  • At LEAST one personal item of sentimental/personal value, but little real value, but no more than FIVE such items
All students also being with 100 GS and zero KS. You will be expected to actually spend money to do things, and everyone will be given an allowance when a new episode starts. Adults will be assumed to have KS in the bank, out of the RP, which is unable to be spent in Tsubomi. Students get room and board at the dorms and staff are assumed to live in the Ward nearby, unless they are bumming it at the school because they are comic relief. Staff will also get more GS, and replace those uniforms with either work uniforms or more casual/formal outfits to teach in.

I think that covers most things. Any other questions? I'll add this to the OP as well. If the other GMs have more suggestions I can add them as well.

Once we have everything settled on the school wiki I will submit it for approval and officially open up a thread and open up the approval process in the character app forum.

So, are we doing Neko Younglings, regular Nekos, or both?

And besides dorms, what's the difference of the different wings/seasons?

Last edited:
Depending on whether they are students or teachers.

This is from the Tsubomi city wiki:
High School/ Upper Secondary/ Kōtōgakkō (~15-18 months)

Reynolds hasn't explicitly said, but this is my best bet.

Okay, are we assuming that the students are 3 months old? And how does that work for their height? Slightly shorter than their full height or full height?

Neko fully develop at three months old so height and other developed areas shouldn't be an issue, but I think we should assume they're around 15-18 since this is a high school and not nursery school, which is where they would be at 3 months in Tsubomi city. I may be wrong about the ages this high school will accept and this may also be a junior high school, in which case they would be about 12-15 months old. Basically it's the same as irl human schools from where I'm from, just substitute months instead of years. But they would not be 3 months old. Making a character between 15-18 months is the safest bet.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back