• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Battlefield Education: My Martial Arts Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy

Ame was on the right track, all students would have to have a reason to be going to school, so they need to have grown into the role. Normal for natural born races, but the only Neko students would be Younglings. Checking the Neko Gakuen article, they would enter High School right about 3-4 months old, then they can stay there for up to a year as they acclimate and decide what to do with their life.

I mentioned the different inventory choices for students and teachers in the post. Basically no school uniforms and more work clothes instead, plus you are considered to have savings in KS and be paid in KS outside of your room & board and GS spending money.

Let's hold the official character apps for the weekend I think, hopefully get the school fully set up and approved then. Gives you some more time to finish up and make the rest of those updates and changes, too.

For me it begs the question why Tsubomi's schools start them into high school much, mush later than the Neko Gakuen does. Does anyone know?

Reynolds, are we basing everything on Gakuen, such as this:
The curriculum includes an aggressive arithmetic, Yamataian, social studies, history, and science program. Students also participate in arts and crafts, music, homemaking, physical education. Focus on social interaction, team work are also part of the program.

Or are we basing the schooling for Kōtōgakkō or high school in Tsubomi, which is more like this:
but their curriculum is either an academic program for students preparing for higher education or technical and vocational courses for students expecting to find employment after graduation.

This is also something to note from Tsubomi page:
Please note that Neko Gakuen is integrated into the other school systems and is not specifically listed here.

It reads a little like Gakuen is not a part of Tsubomi school systems, or does it? Hard to pinpoint it. The only mention of it in them in Tsubomi is here

The way I understand it is that Neko Gakuen is like a special program that inserts Neko into other schools. It's not a separate school itself, it's just a program focused on how to integrate Neko into society and let them grow and advance properly. The people running the program likely move the Neko from school to school as they develop, and are something like their handlers.

I think the schooling is a bit of both, it's helping rapidly growing Neko become adults able to handle themselves and prepare for careers, while also allowing for more experienced teenagers to get that final boost into their careers. With some focus on interacting with Neko and getting used to working with them, for future employment or military service. Of course this particular school focuses on more physical training and putting some unruly students on the right path to use their skills to help themselves and benefit society.

So they'll be taking those core classes I quoted, as well as our martial arts classes, correct?

The school is rather relaxed, so there's basically one teacher per building, with 'student teacher' kind of aid from the student council. So it'd probably be something like one topic before lunch, one after, team/fighting practice after school.

So the martial arts teachers will also fill the roles of typical teacher teachers?

I'll see how far I get on my character and then maybe write up a teacher if those aren't done when I'm done with my student character.

I think there's been more than enough time to vote, so the results are in! http://www.strawpoll.me/11228231/r

The school colors are red and gold. The school emblem features a big, gold Z, of course. Uniform descriptions have been added. I searched for some sort of online anime uniform generator, but didn't have much luck. If anyone has more input on the designs or wants to sketch something up, let me know.

I think we're ready to go! At this time, could everyone please submit your characters for official approval as I'll see about submitting the school wiki tonight and getting an Open RP thread up.

Also, guess I wasn't clear about it in the first post, make sure you link to your computer/tablet just like it does in my example. And in the list of standard Tsubomi items you can find in the wiki. More links in your wiki page is always better.

And if your character does not have a driver's license or KS don't include the mention to it.

Last edited:
So, with the new post, were those NPCs or were you referencing something? Still haven't fully caught up on the thread. :/

pretty sure its NPCs unless I missed something. I would have Tavigo head off on that tangent but I want to give the ones he just walked up to time to reply.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back