• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Battlefield Education: My Martial Arts Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy

impractical my butt. It's awesome!
and also I wanted to have a infinite stratos style armor and do martial arts in that. mecha martial arts.

Code Geass (around 45 sec it becomes an actual fight)

The style is called Shinozaki Ryuu

I see no problems with making a character that can do things like this as long as it's not called Shinozaki Ryuu or spinzaku kicks or anything like that, since those are already fictional setting elements somewhere else.

Say that your character learned these types of things somehow and that their teacher is still developing that style but your character wants to train in the rest of the martial arts, as well, and I think it will work.

Reynolds, correct me if I'm wrong.
Mecha martial arts seems like something that would be difficult to start a character doing right away.

Last edited:
Yeah, if you want to do a goofy martial art, that's fine, as long as there's proper explanation given for it.

There's fighting in Power Armor as a style or focus, but SA barely has anything anyone would consider a mech.

The faculty offices should be in the main building on the North side of the courtyard, which is centrally placed. Shayla McBelle is the principal/ nurse and she is in the courtyard atm.

It's no biggie.

Please welcome @Navian to the plot! Just as a note, I remade your page in the character area, and also made you a user page. Please fill that out when you get a minute.

Put her into the South dorm with Zoia, since you had that on your sheet. Just wanted to note here that I'll probably be redoing the dorms just a bit, since we have a few less students than I expected. Likely just tuck you two in with the East dorm, unless everyone wants to remain split up.

Going to give the main thread a little bit longer, so everyone can get settled, but I'll probably start something new over the weekend. I have a few ideas, but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm trying to get my teacher character done tonight. Hopefully she'll be good and ready. I was kind of hoping to put her over the 'Weirdos' because that sounds entertaining. :)

I've created a subforum for ZHS! There are permanent redirects from the old topics to their new locations, here.

You can find this forum under the Yamatai Star Empire forum on the forum's front page (phone users might have to open Yamatai first to see it depending on how squished your screen is).

Thanks for getting this all set up, Wes.

I've added us to the Active Plots and Character Wanted pages as well.

I could really use a picture for the Active Plots page...I'm hoping to use the school seal. I'll have to ask around to see if anyone might be able to art one up for us...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back