• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Sorry. I edited to 'swung true' for more clarity.

The 'original' plan was for them both to try to kill each other, settling their battle with a single strike. Fuyu's attack posed a distraction that forced Shunka to abandon her attack - meaning she compensated for the distraction by focusing on defense.

Hence, when it was time for Sumaru to strike, it was no longer a contest of who would strike the fastest. She was already on the defensive - and Sumaru's quickdraw was stopped by her hard parry.

So, Shunka's sword is transparent zesuaium. It's what's stopping his attack. Hence, "hard parry".

Epidermal armor for the NH-33 Eihei is like decent bodyarmor. It hasn't proven impervious to damage, but its protection is consistent enough to prevent those rogue samurai from instantly dying from smallarm fire.

Said epidermal armor is, however, no match for a zesuaium blade.

Okay, I wasn't sure what happened completely so I wasn't going to do my next post without an understanding of that went down.

Thanks for the clarification Fred!

How close together are Saiga, the falling wakizashi, and Kotori? Water makes it hard to move so I don't wanna write something that'd take 20 seconds to complete in what should be like 3 seconds.

Kim, hate to break it to you... but Sora's not being accurate. There's a reason why nekovalkyrja stealth is called "thermoptic camouflage" - it helps hide the neko both in the visual and infrared spectrum.

Raz, the sword couldn't be more than a few meters away, but it also drop to 'the bottom', where I previously established there was a stand of... y'know, kelp-equivalent stuff.

If Saiga wants to look for it, then go back and help Kotori, the 20 second estimate is generous. If you include the water's drag and the time to look for it, yeah, it won't be immediate.

That doesn't make Nicholas unable to help if he wants to, though. He still has that Type 28 SMG, doesn't he? That thing's an energy weapon - it'll have less range and accuracy, but it's going to work underwater.

Yes, yes. I know what I must do now. Just wanted to check out the options.

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

I'm around and available. I am presently waiting for those whom have yet to post before moving on.

This includes Raz, Tom and 5tar.

Christmas was pretty alright. Got to spend some quality time with my niece, ensure she had presents. And sleep in, oh god, that was the best part. The sleep.

When I typed "morning" I actually meant "tomorrow." And I am posting now too. Sorry for the holdup. Christmas. Kwanzaa. You know how it is.

Coming back in a few days. Really missed the Byakuren while I was drivin' around. Still enjoyed my holidays, really got to relax and see the sights and such.

Anyway. I'll be ready to jump back in in a few days.

Good to hear from you, SSharp. :)

I hope everyone enjoyed however they spent their new year's party.

I wanted to say that I wanted to make my next post sometime January 3rd. Hopefully in that window people can recover from their partying, get on the forum, and post for their characters.

raz said:
Now all I can think is: A Geshrin, Yamataian, Minkan and a couple of Nekos walk into a bar filled with drunk war veterans? What happens?
This sounds like a joke that requires a punchline...

Feel like I should post something IC, but as Konoka's unconscious I suppose I can't.

OOC I want y'all to know I'm still here lurking. So don't kill me off for inactivity or anything.

Also, Happy New Year.

Sorry guys, I haven't caught up yet. But whatever happened, happened, I can't change that. But right now I'm without proper internet. Left my iPad in Ontario, have to wait for it to get sent to me, and my desktop is messed. So I'm here on my cell. I'll catch up and see where I can jump back in.

Thanks, Fred.

Reading RP..Aww...it feels like Konoka's KO really affected Akiko :(

Is Saku poking through, Tom ? Is that what's happening to her?

On a side note, ATTENTION EVERYONE! Please vote "Akiko and Konoka in the kitchen" for Most Humorous Scene 2012! (I really wanna win).

I'm back down in Virginia Beach tomorrow, I should have a post after Nick leaves on Sunday.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back